Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nogrod

EL window minimization causing Resync with the server messages

I just upgraded from Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Jammy Jellyfish.

After the upgrade, when the game window is covered completely by another window, and I return to the game window, the animations need to "catch up" and I have many "Resync with the server..." and "Low framerate" messages.

There was a similar issue prior to 1.9.5 build 7 which had been solved by that release.

When the window is minimized I can tell for a split second that the game window turns black which prevents the animation, framerate, and sync issues.

Edited by Nogrod
accuracy

I've been having a horrible time with 22.04 LTS.  I use it on a laptop to host a guard bot and also have a discord client and regular alt client on it and it repeatedly just shuts down willy nilly.  Research guided me to troubles with systemd-OOMD but I'm still having trouble after shutting that down.  I don't normally run Ubuntu but wanted it on this extra laptop so it would coincide with somebody else's laptop if they ever needed help.  I'm not liking it at all and not sure what to look at.  Also there seems to be headaches with snap but I haven't pinned those down yet.

I stopped the discord client and put the extra alt back on my main Arch box, and just have the guardbot there. I am going to try to narrow down the problem one item at a time. I also put up System Monitor to see how the CPU and memory and swap are doing.

3 hours ago, Aislinn said:

I've been having a horrible time with 22.04 LTS.  I use it on a laptop to host a guard bot and also have a discord client and regular alt client on it and it repeatedly just shuts down willy nilly.  Research guided me to troubles with systemd-OOMD but I'm still having trouble after shutting that down.  I don't normally run Ubuntu but wanted it on this extra laptop so it would coincide with somebody else's laptop if they ever needed help.  I'm not liking it at all and not sure what to look at.  Also there seems to be headaches with snap but I haven't pinned those down yet.

I stopped the discord client and put the extra alt back on my main Arch box, and just have the guardbot there. I am going to try to narrow down the problem one item at a time. I also put up System Monitor to see how the CPU and memory and swap are doing.

The only reason I'm using Ubuntu is because I'm on a laptop and my main Arch Linux PC cannot run EL anymore. Something about the graphics and the kernel memory allocations that eats all the RAM and it only happens when running EL.