Eternal Lands Official Forums
hecklar

Hecklar banned

Hello.
I stopped playing a few years ago and lent my character to a friend and he got banned for a known reason.
I would like to play again and if possible recover my old character.

yes i read rule 8, i am aware of the consequences and i will understand if i don't have a positive answer to my request.

thank you for your attention

Hecklar

I find it hard to believe you didn't know what that friend was doing.  So I have to ask:

1. Why should I believe it's really you that wants this character back, and you're not going to let "a friend" use it or buy it or whatever?

2. Why should I believe the macroing won't happen again?

3. Nobody else who was involved in all this got their characters back. Why should you?

Lol the more I look through the logs, the more I see that I don't like.  I see your friend is back and tried to log on to your character. :hiya:

1 played EL for 8 or more years unfortunately I was wrong to let someone log into my character, I have no intention of selling and letting a "friend" use it is something that is out of possibility for obvious reasons. My exclusive use only.

2 Many of you who play (and yourself) remember the time I played and I've never had a problem with any rules until now.

3 never break any rule until now (rule 8 yes my mistake)

finally as mentioned above, it will be for my personal use I will change the password

thanks Aislinn

As one of the mods heavily involved in that macro mess, I think I can give my view here as well...

12 hours ago, hecklar said:

1 played EL for 8 or more years unfortunately I was wrong to let someone log into my character, I have no intention of selling and letting a "friend" use it is something that is out of possibility for obvious reasons. My exclusive use only.

2 Many of you who play (and yourself) remember the time I played and I've never had a problem with any rules until now.

3 never break any rule until now (rule 8 yes my mistake)

finally as mentioned above, it will be for my personal use I will change the password

re 1. Not verifiable, we've seen too many stories about how they couldn't imagine playing another character, only to sell said character the moment it was unlocked.

re 2. Not relevant, the character was locked for (aiding and abetting) macroing, with all other characters involved. As you mentioned rule 8 already, let me cite the important part (bold added):

Once you give your password out to anyone for any reason, even for the purpose of character sharing, you relinquish all rights to that character.

re 3. Irrelevant, seeing rule 8 again.

The main point is that the Hecklar character was locked for being involved in macroing. The main culprit wasn't at his first clash with the rules, so that was that.

Since then a number of things have happened around the players and characters involved which don't add up. E.g. the various login attempts on the Hecklar char, by players who were in-game at the time. If that was you, you knew already a long time ago that Hecklar was locked. And you were playing again already. So in that case, it can't be that you are so attached to the Hecklar character.

If it wasn't you, I'd really like to know what's going on here, as there were more shenanigans going on to get characters from that macro mess unlocked. So the timing of your request is just too good to be true. (There's a lot more to the whole situation than I can write down here)

As far as I'm concerned, no reason to unlock the Hecklar character.

I totally understand your concerns and i assume all responsability for giving away my password and all the problems that were caused with Hecklar character. That is my fault for not complying with the basic rule of not giving away my password.

The main reason im sending this request now, is because some of my old EL friends are getting back in the game and i just want to have a good time with them and play for fun.

In past, before all the problems caused, i have fairly and by rules developed my character up to high levels, and yes, that would be great if you guys allow me to use the character again.

I accept all restrictions you find fair and also will accept a no as an answer.

I will not share, try to sell or anything against the rules.

I'm just here humbly asking for a 2nd chance to play in my old character. And all i can do is give you my word that nothing like the nightmare of trouble caused in the situation ure aware off will happen again with my envolvment.

Sincerelly

Hecklar.

because some of my old EL friends are getting back in the game

That's what concerns me.

@revi i have logged on eventually for short periods of time but didnt actually 'played'

@aislinn i trully understand your concerns given the last events involving the character. I dont consider that person (you know who im talking about) a friend anymore.

Well, u guys know what happened, i undertand and agree with the actions game moderators took.

Now its all up to you to decide if you will allow me to have the opportunity to prove you i will not be a troublemaker.

Thank you for your time

Best regards

1.  Do you unconditionally swear you will not share your character with that former "friend" and any associates of his who may also try to sneak him in? 

2.  Do you unconditionally swear you will not try via any means to enable that same former friend to access EL on any character or IP? 

3.  Will you agree that if any such thing happens, I'll relock Hecklar and throw away the key?  Also, I just want to remind you (and everyone else) about rules 4 and 8 and that you need to click on them in the ingame rules window so you can read them in their entirety. 

4. Do you agree that you will not try to claim you do not know who I was referring to in this entire conversation at a later date?