Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

Top Players Has Returned

It's in a testing phase, but the Top Players page is now getting auto-updated, and you have choices on how many players to show and during what time period of activity.

It's linked in the website menu, or poof to https://top.el-db.com  .

Based on a combination of necessities for the website, and input from the forum poll to see where people's preferences were, the default's been set to the top 100 players active in the past 6 months.

If you prefer a different list, it's possible to go to and bookmark a different one.

Some notes on how things work at this time for testing purposes (subject to change):

1- This is not a real-time list. Several factors cause the top list to not show your updated level(s) for up to possibly 30 hours depending on multiple different timings.

If you're not seeing the update after 36 hours, there may be an issue to report. I won't check before that.

2- Lists are updated once every 6 hours. Those updates, as stated above, may not include your updated data. You can see the GMT time the list last updated on the page.

3- An individual player's personal stats are only updated about once per 24 hours, and then only if you're seen as being online at some point in the 24 hours since they were last updated.

4- (For #3) To ensure you're "seen online" by the script, you need to be online 6 minutes or more. The online list is checked once per 5 minutes.

5- Lists may have more than the number of players requested to show. This is due to showing all who are tied at a certain level so all get equal treatment.

Edited by Burn

Nice one, Burn! :)

I realize it's still in development, but I have one minor cosmetic suggestion that I hope you can add to your TODO list:

It would be really nice if the table headers were "sticky". It's a bit easy to lose track of what skills you're currently looking at as you scroll down the page (or if you're like me and doing ctrl+F to find your name), especially when 200 players is selected as the filter. Slapping a position:sticky on the table headers should do the trick, like this.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:49 PM, bkc56 said:

Will this be done for the PK server too?

Data doesn't exist that would be necessary for that. An online players list like main has, and access to player's data that includes private-marked data. Oh, and I got the year's worth of online players from Vino's mercator data, otherwise I can only track recent logins.

8 hours ago, Burn said:

Data doesn't exist that would be necessary for that.

I don't understand.  The top-player list has worked for the PK server for the last decade+, so the data is somewhere.

What has NOT worked is clicking on a play in the Online list to see individual levels.  That was restricted for PK privacy (which is no longer an issue on that server).

4 hours ago, bkc56 said:

I don't understand.  The top-player list has worked for the PK server for the last decade+, so the data is somewhere.

Learner had full access to the servers, so he could scrape all the data he needed. Whatever data he collected is now lost (or at least inaccessible)

As Burn said, he doesn't have the same level of access.

Edited by revi

Scheduled Computer Maintenance and Updates

Between this and how often the scripts run that update the lists, the Top Players will not be updated for possibly up to 24 hours. Should be a lot shorter, I like to leave a lot of leeway in case I take a really long nap or someone lures me away from what I'm doing with bacon or such.

The lists will remain, just not updated for a brief period.

Computer cleaned out and updates done (Hello OpenSUSE Leap 15.5, nice ta meet ya... got any bacon?) so..

Lists may be a little late in getting everyone's stats updated but the scripts are live again and should get to everyone as they log in again.