Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Very sad news, regarding Learner

I heard the news this morning and I still can't believe it. EL won't be the same without you. RIP my friend. :(

The years of his dedication and knowledge will be dearly treasured by us all. My condolences to his families of both his real life and his other life.

Such sad news. We have had so many interesting conversations over the last 20 years, Learner will be sincerely missed. 

I'm sorry to hear this. I didn't know him well but reading through these posts it is obvious that he touched a lot of lives and will be missed.

Some may know. Others may not. Anyways, for those of you who woud like to partske... To begin, I will take a shot of Brandy for Learner. Even though I dislike the taste lmao. Anyways, I guess I just have to say thanks for getting me into my career path and practically watching me grow up. 

Starting back in late 2012, maybe early 2013 I began playing OL. Throughout that time many eternal friendships were created and carried far outside of the world you provided us. 

Thanks to you, and many others in the community my interest in game development took off. You even supported me throughout this endeavor, reaching out to me to have simple edits. Such as those silly little Pink Shop Boots. You were so picky about them, but it was my first works for a game that actually made it to the main game. 

From there, we continued to converse and you peaked my interest in Anime, going as far as to rip some of your disks to digital versions, upload them, and send them to me to watch. I'll forever keep those copies of Witchblade, and continue to share this as a first anime to many others. I actually had ended up having to make a list of anime's you would suggest to watch... Heck, even ones you didn't like but thought I would! 

Not to mention, one of the first major supporters of my lifestyle, and always providing a listening ear. 

One day, your fruit cave will be reborn with a tribute of you. 

As you would say "there is always more to learn".

~Eats

Does anyone have a screenshot of Learner's character? Preferably sitting in his usual spot at the IP spider cave table but any will do.

I have an idea to use it for a memorialization of sorts.

Edited by Burn

22 minutes ago, Burn said:

Does anyone have a screenshot of Learner's character? Preferably sitting in his usual spot at the IP spider cave table but any will do.

I have an idea to use it for a memorialization of sorts.

Roja created a statue memorial already and redid the IP secret cave for it, as well. We're just waiting on Radu for an update.

2 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

Roja created a statue memorial already and redid the IP secret cave for it, as well. We're just waiting on Radu for an update.

Uh... that would require a client update. We're nowhere near ready for that again. (New 3d objects and map changes have to be done in the client. I haven't even been given these things to put in the data packs.)

Not the topic anyway, the image of him is needed for a website thing.

3 minutes ago, Burn said:

Uh... that would require a client update. We're nowhere near ready for that again. (New 3d objects and map changes have to be done in the client. I haven't even been given these things to put in the data packs.)

Not the topic anyway, the image of him is needed for a website thing.

The files will be provided for anyone to download until next update happens. I already have them. 

I have a screenshot of him standing up outside, unfortunately can't find one of him sitting in the chair in the cave.

3 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

The files will be provided for anyone to download until next update happens. I already have them. 

I have a screenshot of him standing up outside, unfortunately can't find one of him sitting in the chair in the cave.

That'll work.

Radu, it's sad a life is lost but I've just heard from another old EL friend that there's also a new life. Congrats you old schmuck.

This is devastating. Learner was a huge part of my EL childhood as well. Fly high, Learner! You will be missed!