Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aislinn

Peace Day Poll

Peace Day Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of tweaking Peace Day?

• Yes, remove it completely.
    • Yes, reduce the rate in which it can be generated.
    • Yes, make it removable by players.
    • Yes, exempt some maps so everyone is happy - think instance, invance, etc. (other ideas welcome)
    • Other (please post thoughts below without ranting and without spamming)
    • No, leave it exactly as it is.

peace day shouldn't be removable by players as this can be used strategically to catch players out when they are exploring pk maps etc by the means of the removal

the day that should not be removable also is day of the brave, this is a good day also, not just a bad one

My biggest issue is that its the only day the negatively effects fighters and we have no recourse other than logging off or mixing on another toon. The other negative days are removable or effect everyone the same. 

Everyone always talks about exploring on peace day but im willing to bet the vast majority of players dont do this.. ever. Or you could just go explore on NDD with the same lack of risk except here even if someone bombs you or pk's you you're fine. Every mob in the game is ignored by MM except acw/dragons so its not like you have no day to go do exploring or something there in.

If everyone wants to leave peace day perfectly as it is, i will go the other direction and say thats fine but lets also make all the other negative days unremovable as well to make it even. No removable labour day, no removable day of fasting. Then if a mixer says it effects them, i'll say it gives you a chance / incentive to go do some training.

13 hours ago, Inferno said:

If everyone wants to leave peace day perfectly as it is, i will go the other direction and say thats fine but lets also make all the other negative days unremovable as well to make it even. No removable labour day, no removable day of fasting. Then if a mixer says it effects them, i'll say it gives you a chance / incentive to go do some training.

I'm primarily a mixer but I agree with this. In general I think the bad day removals sometimes make things too easy as certain days make you play in a different way to get around them, it's not all just the same thing..

I loved peace day as a newbie, I managed to get some books that were otherwise unavailable to me and completed a quest that took me on higher mob level maps.

As before, I'm for leaving peace day as is.

As a potential change (because a change or anything is definitely for sure 100% going to happen...) make peace day affect only characters below a given a/d or oa level (edit: because that's definitely not exploitable at all).

Edited by Diealot

7 hours ago, Diealot said:

make peace day affect only characters below a given a/d or oa level (edit: because that's definitely not exploitable at all).

Unless there's an invasion. Open day for low level bag jumpers, and not much to stop them

I voted for let it be as it is. Yes i am now and then affected when the peace day comes online as i might have wanted to do an ice or wtf  at that day. But a peace day has quite a few things that are positive for a lot of player. I could have voted for let it not affect special invance and instance maps and would be fine with that. But I do dream of a day when there is a full peace day in the real world too .  Would be heaven a day without fights there.

What about the ability for players to remove the day for themselves only.  It would require a new item, similar to a Haidir Pass (purchased through radu to help offset the coding that would need to be done).  Once used, a individual player could attack creatures, monsters, and other players who ALSO had removed the day.

To prevent players from bag jumping during an invasion on peace #day, perhaps peace day would also prevent you from picking up bag contents.  I know this may affect some mixers who pull components into a bag to mix from.  But perhaps it would only preventing you from collecting bag components when you are not the owner of the bag.

6 hours ago, Ghrae said:

To prevent players from bag jumping during an invasion on peace #day, perhaps peace day would also prevent you from picking up bag contents.  I know this may affect some mixers who pull components into a bag to mix from.  But perhaps it would only preventing you from collecting bag components when you are not the owner of the bag.

That would be quite a big change, making peace day affect even more aspects of the game. It also would introduce "bag ownership", where it has always been the policy that "bags have no owners".

I think I'd rather see "bad day removals" removed from the game. Never been a big fan of the whole concept of day-changing stones, though.

This day could be useful if bombs would also not work and honestly i would prefer that. Maybe less often, but not quite as rare as Christmas :)

Make it removable would just make it a bad day from every point of view

Allow Aislinn to remove it, since she is Admin. She could give a proper announcement/warning to the change.