Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bathory

Rabbit and wolf chillin in SKF

Not sure if this is a map bug or not...

I captured this video back on Jan 6. I was playing EL on my laptop, then decided to go outside with my phone. When I logged into EL on my phone, I was greeted by this rabbit and wolf (Novac's?) in South Kilaran (approx. 121,96). They didn't move at all for several minutes, as if they were glued to those map tiles. That's when I took this video.

I then logged out of EL on my phone, and after a few minutes passed, went back inside to continue playing on my laptop. Upon logging back in, both animals were gone.

Regrettably, I did not try to attack them, so I can't say for certain whether someone killed them within those few minutes where I was logged out, or if the whole thing was just some weird Android client hallucination...

Not a "map" bug at any rate...

There's not really any way to confirm what this could be long after it happened.

If seen again, contact me or barring that a mod to see if they see the same thing and if so try and determine where they come from and such.

Mobs can 'rest' for a while, and sometimes after resting they will rest again ... maybe you just hit a worst case in the random numbers.

Mobs may get stuck after the server has been up for a specific time (server bug, only fixable by radu). Mostly monsters who dont get killed often (and therefor "live" a very long time) are affected, in my experience mostly grizzlies (DP, WS Diamond Cave) and even the Badaran.