Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

For Pear Hunters: Important/Relevant 1.9.6 updates

[21:24:31] [radu @ 6]: btw, there was/is a bug in the pear placement code
[21:24:38] [radu @ 6]: I will fix it after this update
[21:24:49] [radu @ 6]: really strage that the server didn't crash :D
[21:25:01] [radu @ 6]: it lead to not checking if the pear is in an unharvestible area

So there'll be a server restart a few days after the update as well.

This is full disclosure of what I know so no one can say I have inside information whenever I decide to start hunting again. ;-)

Update Stuffs that affect pear hunting:

1) After the update, maps will of course be changed.

a. A list of all map updates will be posted by radu when the update happens. Use that list to determine where harvestables may have changed.

b. A bunch of harvs hidden in cave walls and such have been either pulled out or deleted. If you can no longer see these in locations you were aware of them, they're either now visible or just gone. (As finding these is an ongoing nightmare, not all were found/done.)

c. Some harvestable areas (such as the diamonds in AA Wyrmgoth cave for example) have had a full overhaul. If you see an obvious change like that, you can be assured of no hidden harvs in that spot.

d. Most changes are "cosmetic". Actual changes to harv locations and such are minimal, and will be easily seen in the update list. (KJ temple, new Ida "ruins" area west of Nymorq Woods, new silver spot in North Zirakgunda are obvious examples.)

2) After the server restart (a few days after the update), "where" the pear appears will change:

a. The fix mentioned above will hopefully ensure the pear never appears in an unharvestable item.

b. The pear will also be able to appear on any official game map where even 1 item is harvestable.

b1. This means maps like (just a couple examples) map7_insides where only Tirnwood Underground is harvestable, or Irsis insides where only the fruit inside the ranging arena is harvestable, or PV insides (with only 2 secret harvable locs) are all fair game. If it has a harv on it, it's good.

b2. Exceptions: Token map and it's inside map (which includes the Dung Portal) were intentionally removed as options to avoid overuse of tokens and dung teleporters.

And of course guild maps and special maps (invance, invasion) are not included.

However you thought of what maps to check before, forget it, go by this instead (after the second server restart).

I'll have some more details after the update.

Edited by Burn

POST-MORTEM FULL DISCLOSURE: There's still hidden harvs.

These are hidden harvestable objects I've discovered (or remembered too late) since the final maps for 1.9.6 were originally submitted.
A new system I developed for a future project made finding these easier, but too late to fix.

1) Melinis - In the sulfur (fire essence) cave, there's 13 sulfur visible, a 14th is hidden under the dirt. Very difficult but not completely impossible to view with the right camera angle. (Fixed for 1.9.7)

2) Aeth Aelfan - In the container full of fruit on the dock directly next to the Glacmor boat, there's 2 apples in the decor directly on the west side of the fruit container, and taking up almost the same space (use the stems on the apples to differentiate them). Visible given the right camera angle. (Fixed for 1.9.7)

3) Trassian - Dra Syn - Sapphire Room (29) in Saret's cave, there's 4 pieces of amber I was unaware of tucked away underground. Honestly only been able to view 2 of them at awkward camera angles. (These will just be removed in any future client update.) (Fixed for 1.9.7)

4) Trassian - Dra Syn - Emerald Room (30) in Saret's cave, there's 11 emeralds, only 10 visible. The 11th is hidden in a wall and easily seen with proper camera angle. (Fixed for 1.9.7)

5) Trassian - Dra Syn - PK Cave (32), there's 25 visible turqoise but 27 total. The 2 hidden are viewable given the correct camera angles. (Fixed for 1.9.7)

6) Whitestone - Diamond Cave
6a) 2 of the 18 total diamonds are stuck in the wall, easily visible at correct camera angles. (Fixed for 1.9.7)
6b) 3 pieces (of 24) of the coal are underground under the wall, at around 20,8. Very difficult if not impossible to see. (Fixed for 1.9.7)

7) Tirnym Past - The silver decorating the tips of the ground decoration in the northeast walled area is visible on 4 of the tips. The 5th tip (at 137,181) is not only not visible directly, but is 2 pieces of silver on top of each other, both underground. Difficult if not impossible to view. (Fixed for 1.9.7)

8) SRM Mount Sorrow - A wood log hidden under the stack of logs next to the house. Possible to view with camera adjustments. (Fixed for 1.9.7)

9) Kusamura Jungle - A tiger lilly is hidden inside the side rock at 334,202. (Fixed for 1.9.7)

List is Subject to addition to later. Post any you discover here as well so they can be fixed in any possible future update.

(Because they weren't really relevant before this newly discovered bug fix that will lead to the map changes on server restart, I've paid little attention to hidden harvs on maps that only have a few harvable items. Those could be really bad, I dunno.)

Edited by Burn

On 12/22/2021 at 8:52 AM, Burn said:

2) After the server restart (a few days after the update), "where" the pear appears will change:

a. The fix mentioned above will hopefully ensure the pear never appears in an unharvestable item.

b. The pear will also be able to appear on any official game map where even 1 item is harvestable.

b1. This means maps like (just a couple examples) map7_insides where only Tirnwood Underground is harvestable, or Irsis insides where only the fruit inside the ranging arena is harvestable, or PV insides (with only 2 secret harvable locs) are all fair game. If it has a harv on it, it's good.

b2. Exceptions: Token map and it's inside map (which includes the Dung Portal) were intentionally removed as options to avoid overuse of tokens and dung teleporters.

And of course guild maps and special maps (invance, invasion) are not included.

However you thought of what maps to check before, forget it, go by this instead (after the second server restart).

^^  THIS SHOULD NOW BE IN EFFECT WITH THE SERVER RESTART!

not yet...

Edited by Burn

Pear Hunters:

Make sure to notify me if there's a situation where the pear appears to be unharvestable with this server update. Preferably while it's still there, with luck I may be online.

This is for testing possible glitches in the fixed code on the server that still puts the pear in a non-harvestable harv, or just possibly finding another "hidden" harv that needs a map fix. That needs to be fully determined before taking it to radu as a possible server-side issue.

not yet...

Edited by Burn

PEAR HUNTERS - Reminder to let me know any other "hidden in wall" type harvestables other than those listed in the second post above so they can be dealt with in the next client, whenever that is.

I've already fixed all the ones listed in the above post for that update.