Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

1.9.6 update will require loc changes for most MM Bots

Git 'er done!

https://el-db.com/tempstuff/mm-bot-market.jpg

mm-bot-market.jpg

Above is the new Bot Market in MM, as it appears in 1.9.6

Where you see bots in the image is where they are currently located in the 1.9.5 map. This is how they'll appear once the update happens (except any appearing to be "underground" in the image will pop over to a nearby walkable normal tile post-update).

All bots that are placed to be convenient to either storage or the battle hall should be moved into stalls after the official update occurs. (Those that are placed further away to be convenient to things such as the caves instead may remain where they are, or optionally move to the stalls. The goal is to clean up the bot mess around the battle hall/storage, not prevent bots from being around other more distant resources.)

There are 30 stalls to what was ~18-20 active bots in MM in a recent count. You can select any empty stall, first come, first serve.

Requirements:

- "Do I have to move my bot?" - If the purpose of your bot's location is to be close to storage, or close to the battle hall, then yes. If your bot is elsewhere on MM main map, far from those places to be near another resource, then it's optional.

- There's 3 walkable tiles inside each stall area. Place the bot in the center tile.
- Make sure your bot is facing the proper direction for that stall.
- Bots must be standing in the stall, otherwise you'll make it difficult for players to click on them

- Make sure the location and direction settings are changed in your bot's admin panel (under "Management > Bot" in the EL-Services panel if that's your host... you may wish to change your bot's "extra location info" in the same place if needed). It may not work otherwise.

There's plenty of room around the stalls and they are well spaced to ensure players can easily interact with them.

There'll be about a week of "mess" giving players a chance to select stalls themselves. After that (and any possible attempts to reach the bot owner fail), any bots still out of place will have stalls selected by me, and VinoVeritas will update EL-services to move them to the proper location.

THIS IS ONLY AN ADVANCE NOTICE. Something to be aware of before the 1.9.6 update happens (sometime hopefully within the next 1-2 weeks as final testing is now occuring). Be prepared to move your bot after the update.

Edited by Burn

On 11/9/2021 at 11:50 AM, Burn said:

Requirements:

- "Do I have to move my bot?" - If the purpose of your bot's location is to be close to storage, or close to the battle hall, then yes. If your bot is elsewhere on MM main map, far from those places to be near another resource, then it's optional.

- There's 3 walkable tiles inside each stall area. Place the bot in the center tile.
- Make sure your bot is facing the proper direction for that stall.
- Bots must be standing in the stall, otherwise you'll make it difficult for players to click on them

- Make sure the location and direction settings are changed in your bot's admin panel (under "Management > Bot" in the EL-Services panel if that's your host... you may wish to change your bot's "extra location info" in the same place if needed). It may not work otherwise.

There's plenty of room around the stalls and they are well spaced to ensure players can easily interact with them.

There'll be about a week of "mess" giving players a chance to select stalls themselves. After that (and any possible attempts to reach the bot owner fail), any bots still out of place will have stalls selected by me, and VinoVeritas will update EL-services to move them to the proper location.

THIS IS ONLY AN ADVANCE NOTICE. Something to be aware of before the 1.9.6 update happens (sometime hopefully within the next 1-2 weeks as final testing is now occuring). Be prepared to move your bot after the update.

Of course this would require Radu approving location and paying another $20 for the fee right?

Just to clarify so I know.

No, this is an official map change requirement. Pretty sure Underworld would freeze over before people would accept that many bots being forced to move *and* required to pay for it.

Only MM main map bots qualify, and only moving into the market.

Edited by Burn

IMPORTANT! You MUST change the coordinates your bot is located in the EL-Services Admin Panel after you move it to its new coordinates.

It's set up so if your bot isn't on those coordinates, it won't trade (thinking you might be at storage or such).

1) Go to the Management > Bot page in the linked admin panel.

2) Change the "where I should be" x and y to its current coordinates, and the "heading" to the direction your bot should be facing in the booth.

3) Change the "extra location description" (if applicable)