Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guiness

Pk tournement

Ok so as we all know back in July Daniken hosted a PK contest and it was a massive success anyone who knows me knows i love PK, those who dont PK seem to enjoy watching it and those who do PK look for any opportunity

So it is with great joy i announce a new tournament hosted by yours truly :)

This tournament is going to be a knockout qualifier similar to the football world cup where all those signed up for the contest get put into a group and the groups fight and go into quarter finals semi finals and the finale to find out who is truly the best PKER in EL.

There will be prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd place all of which are footed by me and believe me if you know me you know the prizes will be well worth the effort to win :)

Mainly Pk seems to be only interested by people considered super high level so there will be a tier called WTF tier for people 160 a/d and above, there will be some people in 150s who are that powerful they are added into WTF tier by default due to their chars power as they would quite frankly beat anyone in the range without even trying. (People such as stann before he quit and DK)

Aswell as WTF tier i will be making a tier from 120 a/d to 140 a./d and 140 to 160 a/d,  these tiers may not happen if there is not enough demand

The use of alts in different tiers IS permitted if you can pull it off by all means but do not enter 2 chars into one range

There will be prizes handed out for the best performance of the night those who showed the most skills not neccerily the winner but those who showed the best sets of skills via a vote, a suprising technique an amazing plan or a funny way of killing someone etc

There will be another prize for the most clever PKer who did something out of the ordinary.

The idea behind this is to give Pking a bigger light and bring the community together to watch those who enjoy to do it

The date is not set but it will be held around 7pm GMT on a sunday

IF you wish to join pm ThecarnageX Guiness or Jamesb via mercator or pm and i will add you to the table 

A week before the contest all contestants will be revealed via this forum post and who is fighting who in each stage

The whole thing will be recorded and uploaded to youtube for everyone to rewatch

All prizes footed by me and try to win as trust me they are worth it ;)

Be sure to PM me and give it a go its only a game win or loose we all have fun!

There are a number of rules to this tournament

1) It will be held in wsca

2) There is no use of Brod 

3) Once a fight has began there will be no one entering the said arena until the two fighters have left

4) once a fighter has left the arena first the other person automatically has won and said fighter has been knocked out, (with the exception of accidentally walking out)

5) if you accidentally walk out the arena( as we all know it happens in wsca) you must re enter the arena immediatly and if you spend more than 3 seconds out the arena.

PS: Dont let me win my own tournement, yes LIONS im looking at you

ThecarnageX

16-Team-Printable-Tournament-Bracket-PrinterFriendly.jpg

Edited by Guiness

Ok so after talking to some people there are some changes as of this moment we have 10 people signed up for the tournement

There are ranges 60-80, 80-100 100-120 130-150 150-160 and 160- uncap

Obviously some ranges may get mashed together due to low numbers but we work it out

Dont be scared of entering there will be NO FORMS of bagjumping from anyone and if there is the person will be disqualified from the tournement and if your that scared of loosing your stuff bring a rosto,

People in lower ranges may fight in higher ones but higher ranges CANNOT fight in lower ones

Oh and the arena has now been changed from WSCA to the PK arena in idaloren mines for a number of reasons

1) wsca has the leave the arena bug

2) not very much space

3) summons spawn outside the arena

4) good viewing space for ida pk arena

oh and im just gonna add aswell, im setting up whos fighting who which is remaining secret obviosuly i know PK very well and how good certain people are so the tournement is gonna be as skill based as possible for the first fights all gonna be even matchups to the best of my abilty, im not gonna put the #1 pker in the game against someone who never pks and is just gving it a go :)

Ok so bear in mind there are still people yet to come  current list of people taking part are

Caduceus (WTF TIER)

JOE (WTF TIER)

STX (WTF TIER)

MATT (WTF TIER)

THECARNAGEX (WTF TIER)

AUSSIEVIP (WTF TIER)

DRAGONLORE( 150-160CAP)

DE34DLY ( ALL RANGES 80-120)

DMAN (150CAP)]

EVENT (80CAP)

RUKURO (80 CAP)

CANCOWGIRL (100CAP)

JAMESB (160 CAP)

THEARROW (150 CAP)

GUINESS (120CAP)

KADDY (WTF TIER)

DEMONIZED (150 CAP)

KRAMXEL 120-140

BUSTERBLADER (WTF TIER)

YETIQ ( 80-100 TIER)

SNOWGHOST (160 CAP)

i hope to see more of you joining soon in talks with alot of people to ensure fights ;)

Edited by Guiness

On 31/10/2021 at 9:02 PM, Guiness said:

oh and im just gonna add aswell, im setting up whos fighting who which is remaining secret obviosuly i know PK very well and how good certain people are so the tournement is gonna be as skill based as possible for the first fights all gonna be even matchups to the best of my abilty, im not gonna put the #1 pker in the game against someone who never pks and is just gving it a go :)

This goes against all logic......

Look at any knockout competition - the top players are seeded and deliberately placed throughout the draw - ensuring that if seeds win - the semi finals are 1v4 & 2v3.  The way you are doing it - the top 2 may meet in round 1 - meaning the final could be #1 vs a newbie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_(sports)

I know what you are trying to do - but the logic is flawed.

What he's trying to do, in my eyes, is he's trying not to place guildie VS guildie. Because in the last tournament that was very obnoxious.
I mean for the first round. Imagine you fighting someone from IRON in the first round. After all, you want to meet your guildie, no sooner than semifinals or finals.

So far, I am seeing at least 6 people who are very equally skilled/good at pking btw :) So every match might be very interesting and pleasable to watch.

But ye, I am in :) If I'm available.

So, here's my suggestion after all the drama and crying.

Let's make it team vs team event, like capture the flag in KF we used to do. Since organization requires being objective, I volunteerly drop myself out of this event and want to hold the organization duty.

We can have a list of participants in a pool and select 2 captains. In the event day, captains can pick teammates one by one. KF is capped so we can pick somewhere else where every PK action works (like wards etc) and also people can watch. I literally don't like the idea and sitting on a ward and spamming summons and try to double harm walking people. Let's do it the old multi way. (Since summons have EPIC efect on the multimap fights, we can limit summoning max acw so no ldb-spamming wins the fights, we shall not let the event be completely p2win)

What do you think?

Edited by Kaddy

On 10/31/2021 at 11:34 PM, Guiness said:

Ok so as we all know back in July Daniken hosted a PK contest and it was a massive success anyone who knows me knows i love PK, those who dont PK seem to enjoy watching it and those who do PK look for any opportunity

So it is with great joy i announce a new tournament hosted by yours truly :)

This tournament is going to be a knockout qualifier similar to the football world cup where all those signed up for the contest get put into a group and the groups fight and go into quarter finals semi finals and the finale to find out who is truly the best PKER in EL.

There will be prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd place all of which are footed by me and believe me if you know me you know the prizes will be well worth the effort to win :)

Mainly Pk seems to be only interested by people considered super high level so there will be a tier called WTF tier for people 160 a/d and above, there will be some people in 150s who are that powerful they are added into WTF tier by default due to their chars power as they would quite frankly beat anyone in the range without even trying. (People such as stann before he quit and DK)

Aswell as WTF tier i will be making a tier from 120 a/d to 140 a./d and 140 to 160 a/d,  these tiers may not happen if there is not enough demand

The use of alts in different tiers IS permitted if you can pull it off by all means but do not enter 2 chars into one range

There will be prizes handed out for the best performance of the night those who showed the most skills not neccerily the winner but those who showed the best sets of skills via a vote, a suprising technique an amazing plan or a funny way of killing someone etc

There will be another prize for the most clever PKer who did something out of the ordinary.

The idea behind this is to give Pking a bigger light and bring the community together to watch those who enjoy to do it

The date is not set but it will be held around 7pm GMT on a sunday

IF you wish to join pm ThecarnageX Guiness or Jamesb via mercator or pm and i will add you to the table 

A week before the contest all contestants will be revealed via this forum post and who is fighting who in each stage

The whole thing will be recorded and uploaded to youtube for everyone to rewatch

All prizes footed by me and try to win as trust me they are worth it ;)

Be sure to PM me and give it a go its only a game win or loose we all have fun!

There are a number of rules to this tournament

1) It will be held in wsca

2) There is no use of Brod 

3) Once a fight has began there will be no one entering the said arena until the two fighters have left

4) once a fighter has left the arena first the other person automatically has won and said fighter has been knocked out, (with the exception of accidentally walking out)

5) if you accidentally walk out the arena( as we all know it happens in wsca) you must re enter the arena immediatly and if you spend more than 3 seconds out the arena.

PS: Dont let me win my own tournement, yes LIONS im looking at you

ThecarnageX

16-Team-Printable-Tournament-Bracket-PrinterFriendly.jpg

Any event will have issue but kudos to you for trying, its your contest and u have the contestants.

Block both side of ws arena so none will move out and you are not doing the event to please everyone , its not hand holding contest its a PK!!! contest.

I dont see why you cant participate, its a simple knockout tournament .

El without drama is boring -,-

On 11/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, Guiness said:

Ok everyone the original event has since been cancelled, i love PK and i look for any opportunity to do so and the idea behind this event was to just have some fun, in order for everyone to have fun i attempted to skill base match make it as best as i possbly could to make sure everyone had the most enjoyable time possible, it is clear that is just not possible, no matter who i pair against who i just got accused of hand selecting opponents for certain people other people complaining certain opponenets were too easy for certain people and i was just taking shit off people in pms everyday as it was not the way people wanted it so i offically give up and the event is cancelled, people need to understand this was not an EL moderated event this way MY event and you did not haft to participate no one was forcing you to take part in any of it. I pumped millions and millions of gold coins into this to really incentivise this event for people to give it a good go and try and win but its clear that cant happen. i tried to seperate guildies as much as i could from fighting each other but then that just caused issues as people wanted cadu and stx to fight together in the first round which seemed sensless to me as they are both guildies and they both were finalists of the previous contest so after all the drama ive abandoned it. I just could not keep everybody happy and i was sick of the drama at an attempt to have an enjoyable evening of PK. Id spent millions on prizes and the winner of the WTF tier was gonna be winning a runners cape thats just how dedicated i was to ensurring that this event was worth the while for it, sorry for the time wasted to those who have trained for it but to attempt to put on an event like i have and just be accused of all the things i was accused of from literally just attempting to put PK on for people. i could go on all night but anyways

EVENT CANCELLED

Sounds about right lol. You should see my chat log from the tournament I held xD
But people will complain no matter what you do.
I would reschedule it and as long as enough people show up; run it. It'll still be worth it at the end of the day. If I can take the abuse in PMs i know you can