Eternal Lands Official Forums
vinoveritas

Trade Bug in git Client

I generated a couple of days ago a git client (before the eye candy bug fix) and i realized there is a trade bug, on stores where when i trade from one char to the other (storage to storage) without double clicking on the item so it goes into storage it tries to be in inventory instead storage even if the S is displayed next to item.  Made me annoyed with failed trades

Huh, strange. Seems to work here, both with inventory window open and closed. Also, I don't see any changes in the trade code in the past year that could have caused this. Did you perhaps move out of range of the storage by accident? (dunno, trying to find an explanation).

This is actually a very old bug. It can happen randomly and I've never been able to determine exactly why or when, but it does happen irregularly when I'm trading with my bot or alts, all stuff can be traded within storage but still say "x can't carry this" because it's checking the inventory space.

I know it's been discussed before, don't recall when or where, but I know no solution or reasoning was determined.

I know it happend in the past now and then, but since i made the client and connection over ssl with learners ssl proxy i got it every time and not just now and then, when i traded with 2 alts on the same mashine

Maybe the change i had there in the system wtih the ssl connection might be the problem? good work there btw grum

And i would not have said something if it where just that now and then happening that i saw for years,

--- Update

I made today a new git client for the eye candy error after i wrote the bug report and tried the  trading again and now it worked as it should again, so maybe i was wrong and its the old bug.

Edited by vinoveritas

48 minutes ago, vinoveritas said:

Maybe the change i had there in the system wtih the ssl connection might be the problem?

I don't know how that might interfere. I tried with an encrypted connection to the test server, but could not reproduce it.

Perhaps there's some disagreement between the server and client over the maximum distance to the storage? I don't know. I'll see if I can find anything.

Just so you know lasts trade that went wrong this morning before i Postest was login 1 storage npc and direct trade to my main that walked to sto and started trade, the furs went into inventory instead storage, and i logged off again, i went to Maia turned in  :) then made git pull created a new client, and on my try after that it did work again (even if there was only the eyecandy part relinked.

But since i had normal trades again now since, i think its the old bug, and not a show stopper that i feared when i wrote the bug.

I can't see why this would happen normally, but you can change the storage to "view-only" while trading which is odd.  The client continues to think the item is going to storage (the "s" remains and the log says it did) but in fact it goes to the inventory.  I presume, that's not what you are doing but it may be a clue to what's going on.  Like Grum, I'll continue looking....

Its definitly not what happend to me, because when i realized it the first time i had done 5 times an srs transfer for 1k between vino_sto and vinoveritas, and i did 2 times reset the trade conditions, 1 time by logging out vino_sto and vinoveritas and do the trade again, particular watching that i did not change anything and that the s for storage was activ, all i did was put items from storage window into inventory window and then click accept on both chars nothing else. (i tried to redo it earlier but then it worked normal) only after i did click on the items to say go to inventory and then to storage again it worked.

I believe yes, but actually  that could be it, i do sometimes click next to the point i want

update: did do some trades with one char walking and trading other while walking but those did work

Edited by vinoveritas

Well, I have found a possible cause, but I don't think this is the problem.

When a trade is initiated, the server sends two messages: one with your inventory, which opens the trade window, and a second one with the name of your trade partner and a flag indicating whether storage trade is possible. If somehow the second message does not arrive or is not handled, it is possible that the information from the previous trade is used, which could trick the client into thinking the storage is accessible where it isn't.

However, I can't trick the server into sending me only the first message, so I doubt this is the root cause, but I have no idea what else it could be. I have checked in a patch in git that resets the player name and storage flag after a trade is finished or aborted to prevent this situation from happening. If that actually helps, we should figure out how it is possible that the inventory message is received and handled, but not the trade partner message.

Edited by Grum