Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aislinn

Invance 145-200 Participation and Boss Rule Clarifications

The reason for this post:

[14:17:34] [Aislinn @ 145200]: Just a heads up all, per radu just this week, it IS against invance rules to run straight to mb spawn and even more against rules to grab it and leave.

[14:19:43] [TheCarnageX @ 145200]:  can u make that an offical forums thing before people get in trouble like i nearly just did lol

[14:20:49] [Aislinn @ 145200]: hardly the first time it's come up but sure, I'll post the conversation later. Should be kind of obvious.

[14:21:26] [TheCarnageX @ 145200]:  not really its a known thing that people do serping it form someone already on it sure but ive never even heard the notion of going for it being a problem
[14:21:46] [TheCarnageX @ 145200]:  taking it and leaving sure as rules state unless you really haft to you shouldnt leave invance until end

[14:22:37] [Aislinn @ 145200]: here's the thing: you max capped people who don't get exp yet still run for it completely eliminate everyone else's chances to get it

[14:23:53] [TheCarnageX @ 145200]:  fair enough just please make a forums post or smth as i know buddies that do it and are in no way knowing they are violating a rule same as i just nearly did
[14:24:03] [Aislinn @ 145200]: this is a team event, not a run and grab the best you can before everyone else is able
[14:24:19] [Aislinn @ 145200]: if you actually played for your levels, you'd kjnow., Funny the rest of us do.
[14:24:40] [TheCarnageX @ 145200]:  Not as if ur own guildies dont do the same thing tho is it
[14:25:26] [Aislinn @ 145200]: I am trying to do my part to contribute to this invance, not argue with you. Take your gripes privately after invance, please.

Invances:

Invances are team events.  The entire point is to clear the map within a time limit.  Everyone who shows up is part of this invance team.  Everyone who shows up is expected to stay on the map to help the team win from start to finish.  It is not a place to farm the bosses, serp your other teammates,  train a/d experience, go AFK because you're at work, or stand around at the gate while others do the hard work.  If you bring more than one character, all characters need to be actively fighting.  If you are at work, don't come unless you can still actively fight. If you're only here for the MB, just don't come.

The problem:

Common sense.  It seems that some people think anything goes if it's not explicitly laid out for their precise situation.  The current invance rule set does cover participation requirements but later only specifies undercappers who don't receive the end experience.   Now we have a max a/d (and to some extent max attribs) issue unique to this range - these characters also receive no experience at the end but can pretty much walk around unscathed as they are the equivalent of overcappers elsewhere and have no higher range to jump to but are still allowed to enter. 

As anyone who does the 145-200 knows, it's been an ongoing problem that some (I am not saying every one does it) very high level and high attribs characters have been joining and running straight to the mb spawn(s) before the invance even starts - waiting to grab them before anyone else can get there and either soloing them or calling their buddies over.  Even more obnoxiously, some often leave after mbs are gone since they won't get the end exp anyway.  Apparently some have missed the memo that this is a big no-no, even if it should be obvious.  That is not team invancing.  That is abusing the situation to boss farm.

[As a little side note here, it's also rude and obnoxious to do the same thing in invasions - show up when it starts and is packed full, find the bosses (like mbs and casties), and kill the bosses immediately while nobody else can do it yet, then leave as soon as the bosses are gone and go instance.  You know who you are.]

Solution for now:
So here is the conversation I had with radu (permission granted to post) earlier this week after listening to quite a few invance goers' complaints.

[13:20:44] [PM to mercator: tell radu What do you think of the idea of removing the mb from the 145200 invance?]

[18:07:01] [PM from radu: why?]

[18:16:53] [PM to radu: so people who are maxed and don't get any more a/d exp don't show up, run over to grab it, and then leave :p]
[18:16:53] [PM from radu: Automessage: I am currently away from my computer]
[18:20:52] [PM to radu: the invance has a nice reward without it, and people get pissed off when some people enter, go straight to the mb spawn area and wait for it.]
[18:23:15] [PM from radu: but that's a bit against the rules, no?]
[18:23:44] [PM to radu: I think you'd find people would rather the trouble be removed than have to play reporter :p]
[18:23:56] [PM from radu: no]
[18:24:12] [PM from radu: they should report those doing it]

[18:24:40] [PM to radu: then it causes a ton of fighting and drama and pisses everybody off]
[18:38:53] [PM from radu: why? rules are rules]

[18:40:02] [PM to radu: it just ruins the fun of it for everyone else]

[19:19:34] [PM from radu: well, again, we can ban them from invances]

I'm sure most people who participate in invances know this, but for those of you who borrowed your max a/d character and don't know what players who actually play know, there is a mod command to ban players from invances.  I'm not a fan of this solution. I'd rather just remove the problem.  So don't expect leniency from me if I have to handle it further.  I go to have a good time and work hard to do my part.  If that gets interrupted by selfish, greedy twits who should know better, and I have to spend that time instead dealing with you and listening to your angry pm spam because of it, it won't go well with you.  You are warned.  Spread the word.

PM me with some exact wording for this to add to rule 26, so it can appear in the update.

(And if there's any other rule text that needs to change, send it as well.)

3 hours ago, Burn said:

PM me with some exact wording for this to add to rule 26, so it can appear in the update.

(And if there's any other rule text that needs to change, send it as well.)

I'll talk to radu. I think the whole thing could use a redo but at the very least this bit needs to be condensed and added.  How much time do you think we have?

6 hours ago, Aislinn said:

I'll talk to radu. I think the whole thing could use a redo but at the very least this bit needs to be condensed and added.  How much time do you think we have?

No specific date set, I think the Issue with Eye Candy causing screen blackouts is the major holdup at this point. I was planning to have the "data pack" (everything not in the git including maps, graphics, and text xml which includes the rules) ready by Wednesday for final release, but as long as the eye candy issue exists I can get everything except the rules finalized.

I sent a complete rewrite draft to radu and will let you know as soon as he okays it (or after we hash out some details if needed :hehe:).

For completion:  this new rule set will replace the old rule set in the ingame Encyclopedia and in the Official Rules forum section.  The old set will be moved and saved elsewhere.  Also Radu has requested these be put in the EL-Wiki so I'll be sending pm's to Vino and Ghrae for EL-CEL.

Invance Rules

1. Invances are team events. The entire point is to clear the map within a time limit. If you enter, you *must* help the team win.
  2. No sabotaging other players.
  3. Gatekeeper must never go AFK and must allow people through the gate.
  4. No AFKing for *any* reason, anywhere.  No leaving the map (with the exception of a quick restock) for any reason and then come back near the end just for the experience.  If you must AFK, you must exit the invance and not return.
  5. This is not an event to farm bosses, serp other players, train a/d, stand around at the gate while others do the work, or go AFK.
  6. If you bring more than one character, all characters need to be actively fighting at all times.
  7. Do not show up just for the bosses or run over to the boss spawns to wait for them before it even starts.
  8. If you do not get experience (undercappers or maxed 178ers), you cannot go and cherry pick what mobs you want then leave.
  9. You must go in good gear - "good" will depend on the range and will be more flexible for the lower ranges. You are not helping the team if you show up in leathers/augs, iron swords, and training arrows, no matter how high your stats are.
  10. If you go *only* as an archer and will not do melee, you must have reasonably high AP,  must not use training arrows, and must come down from the walls and continue to range  in the field when those mobs are gone. Plan to shoot approximately 300 arrows (or 200 with Ethereal Ranger perk/bow).
  11. Observers are allowed but you must not clutter the channel with chat, are not allowed to cherry pick mobs to kill, and are not allowed to pick up bags. You must not get in the way or inconvenience those who fight. This also applies to alts of team members who are not in range.
  12. If you see someone breaking these rules, report them via the #abuse command immediately while the invance is still going on. It's difficult to check it out if you report it two days later.

**Lower ranges (40-60 and 60-80) do not have the archery and gear requirements.

**Breaking these rules can result in you being banned from invances.