Eternal Lands Official Forums
the_grud

Bigger Buddy List

1 hour ago, bluap said:

Nope, sill not clear.  I guess you could just answer my simple question.

A list is a number of items=buddies...A window is one item

The client window can handle 100 buddies currently, this could easily be increased.  The client could potentially be changed to remove the limit and just allocate more memory as required.  However, I do not know if the client is the limiting factor.  How many buddies can a player actually have from the server perspective?

13 minutes ago, bluap said:

How many buddies can a player actually have from the server perspective?

IIRC, much less than 100. Support for more buddies would probably have to be added on the server side first.

20 minutes ago, KoDdy said:

would like also different colours in buddy list

Assuming you mean the colour you can set for each buddy, that is currently limited by the "#change_buddy <player> <colour>" server command which only accepts the limited set of colours.  If that was changed, the client would have to be modified to to display the new colours and also to enable selection from the GUI.

6 hours ago, bluap said:

The client window can handle 100 buddies currently, this could easily be increased.  The client could potentially be changed to remove the limit and just allocate more memory as required.  However, I do not know if the client is the limiting factor.  How many buddies can a player actually have from the server perspective?

The real limiting factor is the Server and how Radu assigns the maximum number of Buddies at compile time, which applies to every player & mob possible in the game, instead of allocating on demand as needed. So even a Beaver on IP has all that possible Buddy information allocated though it will never use it!

1 hour ago, the_grud said:

My buddy list is full at 32....

13 hours ago, Grum said:

IIRC, much less than 100. Support for more buddies would probably have to be added on the server side first.

8 hours ago, Learner said:

So even a Beaver on IP has all that possible Buddy information allocated though it will never use it!

Hmm, that might allow implementation of monster gangs, moving around as a loose unit. Perhaps not too suitable for dragons, but could be fun with wolves and such (or hawks ;) )

1 hour ago, revi said:

Hmm, that might allow implementation of monster gangs, moving around as a loose unit. Perhaps not too suitable for dragons, but could be fun with wolves and such (or hawks ;) )

Not until monsters get unique IDs :)