Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest GGK

Account Recovery

Guest GGK

Hello, its been a long time since I've played. I can remember my characters name(GreenGanjaKing), but cant for the life of me remember the password. Is there anyway I can get that sorted?

Guest GGK

Those are the stats of the character I deleted before I had gotten the one I'm referring to changed to it. As that was the name I used prior to some server event that deleted all the characters. When I remade my character after I used something else but had made that one so I couldn't be impersonated.

Erm, no. The stats Maxine showed are the stats for the only "greenganjaking" character currently in game

(capitalisation doesn't matter), there cannot be another one. And to be complete, once a character is deleted,

you cannot recover the stats (at least not through the link Maxine used).

So better make sure you give radu the correct name of the character you want to recover (or pay another 5$).

Oh, and you'll have to convince him you are the owner of the character.

Edited by revi

Tell me if I'm understanding what you said correctly:

1. You had a character named GreenGanjaKing before the big crash.  (By the way, I do remember you.)

2. You remade a character (when we all had to) but named it something different.

3. You also made a character named GreenGanjaKing just to save the name.

4. You then "deleted" the placeholder character named GreenGanjaKing so that you could rename the character in my point #2 to GreenGanjaKing.

For most of EL's history, #killme_yes has not worked even though it lets you type the command. You also would have needed radu (Entropy) to do any name switching for you.  So if you have a better leveled character, it is not named GreenGanjaKing and you will need to remember what that character was named.  After that gets sorted out, if you still want to name swap these two characters' names,  you will need to pay radu $5 USD per name change.

I also notice you have a forum account named GreenGanjaKing.

Guest GGK

Yes Aislinn, that pretty much sums up the adventure. I tried logging into my forum account as well, but it is locked (I'm assuming from too many attempts?). Managed to remember the password to GreenGanjaKing ingame (like 5 min ago after replaying everything a few times in my head), and yall are right, I definitely did not remember the name change progression properly so I'm going to have to figure out what the hell I did change the name to. Thanks for the help. Good seen ya and hopefully ill figure out what I did as leveling from current stats is absolutely not appealing xD 

If you were in a guild, that might help figure out the char's name, since someone in that guild can list all chars and maybe that will jog your memory. 

I assume you no longer have access to the computer(s) you once played on, otherwise your eternal lands documents directory would contain spell lists and other files associated with the character that include its name. These generally do get copied over to a new Windows system if you use the system migration feature. 

I have chat log files going back to 2006, when I started playing, and can look for hints in there too, but I need a bit more information to go on.

Guest Fairydragon

Hi would like to start playing again.  I have been for awhile due life issues.  How can I restart playing?  I have downloaded the new version, but this system does not recognize my password.  Please help.

If it's just a matter of a forgotten password (no locks or bans involved), you'll have to pay Radu 5$ for password recovery and convince him the character is yours.

Passwords haven't changed between old and new versions.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.