Eternal Lands Official Forums
caladina

Traitors Row

As EL is a game somewhat connected to the medieval world players characters that have been banned for cheating etc should have their heads and name banners displayed impaled on traitors row spikes or city walls.
it could be in one of the first cities off IP like votd, (there is a fair bit of dead space in the city square) or on IP to deter would be cheaters
making the heads rangeable would be the icing on the cake and very much in the theme of a old worldy style of EL

Edited by caladina

I would not mind the name banners, but i do not really want to see servered head's every time i go to a popular place like votd.

Better would be to have chars in cages there that nobody could touch

Actually, radu could run them as bots from the main server. No need to declare them as bot either, so they keep the white names

From a roleplay perspective I very much like this.

On the other hand, I don't like the idea of memorializing cheaters even if it's in infamy and it does not add anything to deter cheating.

The best punishment is to erase any influence cheaters have on game.

I'd be ok with a compromise: heads only last a few days before they rot away or the crows eat them.

I think we have a server protocol to support this: server 3d objects.

We have cal3d object files for individual heads but if we can get *.e3d files for static heads this might work (I might even be able to do this.)  The "look at" or "use" functions could give the player's name and offense. We might need Burn to add some of those spikey poles we see in NRM to the VOTD docks to place the heads on.

Edited by Nogrod

First time in years, a solid perfect idea from you Cal! I'm suprized and mesmerized. LOVE IT! DO IT!

Please start with Morath. :P (I'm %100 sure that Aisy would like to throw the first arrow to his head, lmfao)

Kad

I'm concerned this might cause some people to cheat just to be immortalized that way! There are many troublemakers that just want attention!

Well i agree, how about we put a cage on a podium, and for a certain while after a ban hit a player he has to stay there, lets say for a week

after that it get taken off, that way people playing all know the shame he did cheat. and it will not make them infamous.

In my town we still have such a podest at the marketplace where evil doers got chained on, and the Traders sold rotten fruits that could be thrown at them.

2 hours ago, Learner said:

I'm concerned this might cause some people to cheat just to be immortalized that way! There are many troublemakers that just want attention!

I think it would only be for the truly big names. Some random guy getting banned for macro is far different than a top 20 player doing it lol

Oh my thinking was let people know the shame when they do something, if its a noob, then nobody will care but if you see a big player there the chat about it will spread better and faster then if just banned (and it blows up pretty big even then)

I don't like it.

Glorify cheating? Have requirements for 'pr0-ness'? Yeah... no thanks.

Ban cheaters, let them have their pity-party in the ban forum for their 15 minutes of infamy.

Well, locking and banning would still happen, this is just in addition.

It might actually avoid some things being hidden under the rug. Some of the more obnoxious players never

appear in the ban forum, but try to deal through PM and such. Or worse, just disappear for a while and

pop up on 'new' characters.

So the "prison" would make them known to a wider public.

we already have cages in Irsis, just add them to other places that you want people to be seen. All radu would need to do was make it a antimagic, antibeam and #suicide keeps them there. I'd love to see a good old fashioned stockade, but that would require new artwork.

Anyways, good luck with it. stockade.jpg