Eternal Lands Official Forums
chester74

Alpina and alts banned

Hello EL, El moderators.

Recently on 31th of March i have been banned for having kaelfury macro around 50k health essences on my character Alpina for me.

This was done over night from 28-31th of march from around 23PM till 8 AM in the morning. 

I have never macro'd before that or let someone macro for me, but i lost my self to the temptation... 

I am very sorry for doing this, especially since Wizzy noted this in the @@6 channel, really stupid...

Wizzy told me there is an client around that does alot of automated things like instance etc, i do NOT have this client, and i dont think kaelfury does too. I am a total n00b on macroing and i dont even know how to do it. I am not blaiming Kaelfury for this, because i was the one that was tempted for it. 

Recently i've been playing alot of EL on a daily basis and never had a single second of bad intent to anyone ingame or from the mods or radu. At the moment of happening ive been very straight forward to wizzy about what has been done, and how. 

I really love playing the game, and would hate to make this the end. I would accept penalties such as No more selling of characters, Sharing or buying and storage wipe of characters. I just love doing instances with buddies, learn my girlfriend how to play and farm achievements because i love those! :)

I think ive created my first toon in 2007 and i have been a handful of trouble in that time, but i hope that you guys see that i matured and play respectfully now. 
Ever since that time i dreamed of having a maximum character, and recently that dream became the truth. Brim character came up for sale for 2000$. Kaelfury told me about this and proposed to do a 50%/50%. each 1000$. I saw how motivated he was and that made me motivated aswell so i said i could spare it this moment and made my and his dream the truth. And i would love to continue with playing. So far i paid the 2000$ and i dont see the 1000$ coming my way anymore.

Also i understand that character sharing makes alot complicated in this story, so i would accept being prohibited from that. 

I have been playing for a long time, with a history ive done my best to make up to. I do not think i have any enemies in game at this moment. 

The characters banned at this moment are, Alpina ( 100% self trained, and has been the macro done on ) and abarth.  kaelfury and i share whiterhino which is shared 50%.

Kaelfury is banned aswell but he would have to say his own words on forums on his behalf, which i don't see happening. I hope i can prove to the community that i am willing to do everything to come back and be an honest player.

Wizzy told me to ask for an unban in 1 month but, i would like to make the story clear for everyone.

I am absolutely sorry for this, and hope i deserve another chance. and i know i've had many but from my own point of view ive shown that i am willing to contribute my share to EL in a good way, with having joy playing this with my friends ingame. 

Yours truly,
Alpina

If you truly cared about the game then you wouldn't have broken one of the worst rules that 'everyone' especially 'older' players know never to do. Those 'buddies' of yours are known scammers throughout the years and have never contributed positively to the community like you claim. In my honest opinion as an old player your pals are lucky they even got a chance to come back after all the trouble they caused in the past and unfortunately for them due to your actions which they fully accepted by giving you access to their chars it ended up with them getting banned including yourself. Why are you given special rights to come back with a sto wipe and your chars back when others have done far less and never given that chance to ever get back on their characters? you knew the rules and proceeded to break them after mods were insisting for months that macro was not ok. You are only sorry you got caught and this is another plead that most of us in the community have heard before and it's always broken. You spending your RL $$ doesn't gain you sympathy or empathy, just sounds like you're desperate knowing that might've been your last chance to ever play the game. YOU willingly broke the rules and you alone are at fault for it. Somebody even trusted you with their PW (As shady as they have been in the past) those actions you took got them banned too and again why should mods let alone the community trust you will mean what you say after that? 

-solo

Why is every macro apology 99 excuses and always ALWAYS has the "I just love this game so much" line in it lol.

Yall aren't even trying to get unbanned. This patently lame excuse is pure entertainment for most readers at best. 

You fell into temptation for a macro as if it was the fruit in the garden lol. Imagine investing 1k$ into a max char and losing it over 50k HE. Big brain move there. Lmao

12 hours ago, bralex said:

Somebody even trusted you with their PW (As shady as they have been in the past) those actions you took got them banned too and again why should mods let alone the community trust you will mean what you say after that? 

-solo

It was never my intent to get Kaelfury banned, but the macro was from his ip and computer and had a voice in this aswell. I don't want to talk too much on his behalf he should make his own forum post about that. 

And about the pw share from his side. I was the first one giving access to all my toons.  I was the one paying 2000$ for us so far. Not him, i hope that shows howmuch i care about him. I trust him alot. Don't think ive even ever bought something for my girlfriend worth that much. 

So i dont like the feeling that i was the one that got him into a world of shit, because i've done alot for my bud. I agree being honest to Wizzy might've gotten us into more trouble at the moment. But i hope this makes something good in the long run. And i would love to see Kaelfury back into EL aswell. Even though there are some insecurities at the moment between us.

4 hours ago, Inferno said:

Why is every macro apology 99 excuses and always ALWAYS has the "I just love this game so much" line in it lol.

Yall aren't even trying to get unbanned. This patently lame excuse is pure entertainment for most readers at best. 

You fell into temptation for a macro as if it was the fruit in the garden lol. Imagine investing 1k$ into a max char and losing it over 50k HE. Big brain move there. Lmao

I truly wish i would be unbanned Inferno, And i would accept many restrictions and penalties to make this true. 

I understand from your perspective that it might sound like alot of words. But i absolutely mean this.

As for your last sentence, i can't do much more than agree to that. Even reading it makes me discomforted of how stupid it is.

Alpina

"You" did not get kaelfury (formerly calsonic|pandemic) banned.  He got himself banned.  The average person doesn't just say, "Okay, you're such a good friend, just this one time I'm going to install this macro and make you a few HE out of the goodness of my heart and then put it away forever."  Especially kaelfury.

18 hours ago, chester74 said:

Recently on 31th of March i have been banned for having kaelfury macro around 50k health essences on my character Alpina for me.

You wanted him to do it knowing well that it was against the rules with your own character, if you wanted to stop it Chester you shouldn't have allowed it. You are just as guilty as Calsonic. 

Edited by bralex

Why would someone macro 50k HE's with a char worth of 2000$? You make 500kgcs in a few hours...

That's just greed and stupidity and I think you've had enough of chances.

21 hours ago, bralex said:

You wanted him to do it knowing well that it was against the rules with your own character, if you wanted to stop it Chester you shouldn't have allowed it. You are just as guilty as Calsonic. 

I've been very open about what happened, and how it all happened. I'm not here saying what i did was right, it was very wrong. But i do regret all this and i am very sorry for my actions. 

18 hours ago, Kaddy said:

Why would someone macro 50k HE's with a char worth of 2000$? You make 500kgcs in a few hours...

That's just greed and stupidity and I think you've had enough of chances.

It was very stupid, but i do hope i deserve another chance. I have been nothing but honest about this. 

23 hours ago, Aislinn said:

"You" did not get kaelfury (formerly calsonic|pandemic) banned.  He got himself banned.  The average person doesn't just say, "Okay, you're such a good friend, just this one time I'm going to install this macro and make you a few HE out of the goodness of my heart and then put it away forever."  Especially kaelfury.

This has been the only macro i have ever been involved in, and the logs should confirm this, I am not approving this behaviour. The plan at the time was to use the remaining materials in storage which was for around 50k more HE i believe. I had a total of ~250-300k silver, 150k Chrysantemum. 

If i would be given the opportunity to return, i would never do this again or be involved in any form of macro, and any other form of bad behaviour.  

Alpina

7 hours ago, chester74 said:

I've been very open about what happened, and how it all happened. I'm not here saying what i did was right, it was very wrong. But i do regret all this and i am very sorry for my actions. 

It was very stupid, but i do hope i deserve another chance. I have been nothing but honest about this. 

This has been the only macro i have ever been involved in, and the logs should confirm this, I am not approving this behaviour. The plan at the time was to use the remaining materials in storage which was for around 50k more HE i believe. I had a total of ~250-300k silver, 150k Chrysantemum. 

If i would be given the opportunity to return, i would never do this again or be involved in any form of macro, and any other form of bad behaviour.  

Alpina

Man fuck that. You threw away money and a super strong character out of pure greed. You could have easily sold all of those HE's and bought them. You could have given them to a dedicated mixer to mix for you. There is a shit ton of possibilites and you chose the most asinine one out of the bunch and then feign regret and sadness after the fact. Why in the ever living fuck would anyone have any sympathy for you? I've known people get perma'd for far less back in the day. You want a "second chance" because you want to get back to taking advantage of the char you paid for. You could have more than doubled your investment if you had the 2 brain cells to rub together to not do something as stupid as macro.

hell if you had done nothing Kingpin was one of the biggest GC sellers in the business and he's gone now. You could have jumped on his lost customers. Kindly go cry in a corner.

40 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Man fuck that. You threw away money and a super strong character out of pure greed. You could have easily sold all of those HE's and bought them. You could have given them to a dedicated mixer to mix for you. There is a shit ton of possibilites and you chose the most asinine one out of the bunch and then feign regret and sadness after the fact. Why in the ever living fuck would anyone have any sympathy for you? I've known people get perma'd for far less back in the day. You want a "second chance" because you want to get back to taking advantage of the char you paid for. You could have more than doubled your investment if you had the 2 brain cells to rub together to not do something as stupid as macro.

hell if you had done nothing Kingpin was one of the biggest GC sellers in the business and he's gone now. You could have jumped on his lost customers. Kindly go cry in a corner.

I dont want to sell gold coins, i want to use them myself.The last 2 years i only bought them from starkie. I still have many goals i would love to achieve. 

4 minutes ago, chester74 said:

I dont want to sell gold coins, i want to use them myself.The last 2 years i only bought them from starkie. I still have many goals i would love to achieve. 

If buying GC is so easy why would you even feel the smallest urge or need to make yourself HE lmao

Spend some money and buy HE 10 a pop at npc. Supply isn't even a problem. Braincells are pretty low in supply tho

2 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Spend some money and buy HE 10 a pop at npc. Supply isn't even a problem. Braincells are pretty low in supply tho

HEs are 9gc #quickmaths = still cheap af besides even doing invasions and instances on a beast char like abarth can easily cover any stock. ??‍♂️

On 4/5/2021 at 5:31 AM, chester74 said:

Just because you're open about what happened doesn't mean the ban is unwarranted. You proceeded to allow the macro to happen on your character, and even going as far as wanting another person to do it for you after repeated messages by mods for EVERYONE in the community to see for months that macroing was bad. You're an older player and should've known better but your own greed got the best of you and there is no excuse for that imo. 

Hello EL,

It has been a month since i was banned.  This past month has been hard and it has really come to me how much i do enjoy playing this game and miss playing, since before this incident i was quiet and looked for no trouble and i assure you if given the opportunity to play again ill never break another rule. I am so sorry for my actions and i'd like to personally apologize to Aislinn, Wizzy and the rest of the mod team. I've made some amazing friends in Eternal Lands and i'd be heartbroken to never see them again. I would really love to return to the game, Thank you Aislinn and the mod team for giving my situation the time and effort you have, and i know i have learnt from my mistake. 

I hope for a bright future together,

Alpina

Well, you weren't banned. Characters on Kaelfury's IP were locked. You actually say as much in your first post...

That means there is nothing to stop you from coming back to the game. And while the story about the Brim character

has no relation with this lock, it shows you should still have access to at least one good character.

Now to the Alpina and Abarth characters. They were not locked while on your IP.

So what proof do we have Alpina and Abath are in fact still your characters, given that you are involved in character trading?

You claiming they are yours isn't proof. And the game owners/admins/mods giving you a character that you actually sold could

cause very unpleasant situations...

Well to be completely honest here, I don't know what I want to do about you two.

My first instinct says to toss anything related to Kaelfury (the person) out the door, lock the door, and throw away the key.

About you, I am not so sure.  One thing I do know for sure I have zero interest in returning anything to you that Kaelfury (the person) could get his hands on.  Nor do I trust the usual "oh I swear I will never share again and especially with him!" type responses I always get.  So I don't know. I simply don't know.

As everyone knows by now, we've had a rash of macro cases crop up. As everyone should know by now, other than one exception, these people have been doing this for a long time - we're talking years.  I expect I will hear the usual outcry from the usual suspects how this is not fair, he gets better treatment, etc. I believe this is a fair decision.

Just like the other cases, we've read, seen, and heard plenty in this one. And our decision is this:

1. Abarth will be unlocked with no further adjustments to the physical character.  No benefit was found.
  2. Alpina will be unlocked with a complete storage and inventory wipe, and an alchemy stats reduction from 82 to 79, which is approximately the amount of levels that mixing 50k health essences would have gained.
  3. He can keep the Life character and use the Poekie character for antisocial purposes.  All other alts are locked.
  4. No further sharing with anyone, other than the Poekie character which I believe is his girlfriend's and used for antisocial buying.
  5. All of these passwords must be changed immediately upon unlock, including Poekie/Poek.
  6. No name changes on any of these characters.
  7. You do, however, retain the right to sell Abarth if you so desire. It's a pricey acquisition you were not expecting to bear the full brunt of.  If this ends up the case, you need to advise me of this immediately.
  8. If I see any hint of further trouble, including (but not limited to) letting Kaelfury the person on any of these characters and/or scamming, everything will be locked and I will throw away the key.  This is your last chance, Chester. Use it wisely.

This decision took a while to reach.  My thoughts ranged from full locks to only one character allowed to what you see now.  This was not decided easily or quickly and the tl;dr version of my final reasoning is below:

1. Chester himself didn't actually do the macro or have the program, although obviously he did willingly have it done for him.
  2. This did not go on for years and was one episode.  Logs bear that out.  This case is the above-mentioned exception.
  3. The remedy decided upon more than adequately covers the damage done.
  4. Chester's response to the entire thing has been more mature than I expected or ever could have hoped for. It speaks well on his behalf.  I have gone through many years dealing with him and know his history and behavior well. (We also can play "Let's Compare" to the other reactions we've recently seen, as well.)
  5. I am convinced Chester understands what an incredibly stupid thing this was to do; both personally and for the game. 

The characters will not be unlocked until two things happen:

1. Chester reads this and acknowledges it and accepts the conditions.

2. Once that happens, Radu will need to adjust the Alpina character accordingly.

As far as Kaelfury the person is concerned, as of now all of his characters are locked and he is considered a different case.

Final Comment:

I am aware there are more out there, and I am aware there are even more people who know who is doing it but aren't telling.  I hope nobody is going around thinking "Whew, I got away with it!!!1111".  :) 

Thank you Aislinn this means alot to me,

I totally accept these conditions, this has been a very big lesson and accept these consquenses.

I won't let the community and the mods down ever again! 

Thank you so much for your and all the other mods and players their time, and once again i apologize for what i have done. 

See you all in EL!:)