Eternal Lands Official Forums
LenSon

Login problem after changing password

Hello.  I have login issue.

I changed my password with #change_pass command on my character named WilliamDeWorde2. After using this command Im unable to login on that character.
Login buttons doesn't work at all. Game client is permanently frozen. I remember password to this character.  I would be grateful for any help in solving this problem.

Edited by LenSon

My guess would be that that means you'll have to pay radu $5 to recover the pass. Nothing we can do about it.

Note: changing the password in-game cannot freeze the client or make buttons stop working. It sounds like you didn't quite type the pass the way you thought you did.

You can of course keep trying to guess the pass, but keep in mind that after a certain number of failed attempts your IP gets banned.

I read forum and I noticed I used space mark into my new password.

Conslusion is that command #change_password has a bug, because it allows to enter space mark to new password which makes the client freeze.

Also in EL Help Page there is no information about forbidden characters in new passwords.

If you put a space in you new password, the actual new password will be the bit before the space I suspect.

If you use the password manager, there is a bug though because the new password is not saved if there is a space.  I'll look at fixing that.

A space is not a valid character for an EL password and you cannot enter a space at the login screen or new character screen.

There should be no freeze.  You should be getting a red error message on-screen because the password is incorrect.

Edited by bluap

11 hours ago, bluap said:

If you put a space in you new password, the actual new password will be the bit before the space I suspect.

I have just put this to the test, and I can confirm that your suspicion appears to be correct. Useful info for those who might stumble across this in future :) 

LenSon, as bluap suggested, can you try logging in using ONLY the part of the new pass that was before the space?

I've added validation checking to the #change_pass command before sending it to the server.  This is now consistent validation for the login screen, new character screen, #change_pass and the password manager.  I have also include help if #change_pass fails about the valid format.  While doing these changes I noticed the login screen was not producing an error message if you were disconnected from the server; it now does produce a message.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.