Eternal Lands Official Forums
Montez

FPS Issue

Hello.

I've ran into an issue recently - if I run more than one client; the FPS of the highlighted client drops to 0, totally. To test, I pan my camera to see how bad the lag is. Mostly when this happens, I can't rotate the camera at all. When I am playing on my main with 1 client, the FPS is 100-120 ish.. In the recent past, I have had no problems running multiple clients on a machine with wayy worse specs :huh: If it helps I am running Win 10, Asus AMD Ryzen 5, 8GB RAM. Additionally, I have in fact updated my drivers through the AMD program on the site. Besides this I have no clue what the issue could beee..

Any feedback would be appreciated. :wacko:

Guest Maybe

Maybe try limiting the FPS to ~50-60 in the options? I know thats about what I limit mine to and it definitely helps with multiple clients. Not sure if it's some type of error, knowledge of technology isn't something I pursue.

I have tried limiting my FPS to about 20, that doesn’t seem to work; but it was worth a try. My last resort was to reinstall the client (wanted to keep my counters), which I’ve tried and that doesn’t seem to work either.

Edited by Montez

Were you using an AMD GPU on your old set-up too?  A quick search shows lots of people suggesting that OpenGL support by AMD windows drivers is quite poor.  Are you using the latest client?  Not the one on the download page but 1.9.5p8 or newer?

Edited by bluap

10 hours ago, Montez said:

(wanted to keep my counters)

That should not be an issue if you have installed the client in the default location which is separate from your user files.  Backing up is always a good thing to do though.

Edited by bluap

Hello bluap.

I believe my last pc had an intel integrated graphics GPU. I am using the EL client downloaded from the official site. Where can I download the new client? Rather excited to see if I’ll have better luck there.

Great! Thank you very much for your help, Bluap. I will surely try this client to see if I have better luck with it.

Good afternoon.

The conclusion to my confusion has been solved with the help of you, Bluap. It appears after rolling back my display drivers then reinstalling the lastest ones combined with updating to the newest client; EL once again runs like a gem! Thank you for the help!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.