Eternal Lands Official Forums
Baba_Hanouna

eltime-appindicator

Hi there,

I just found out that the eltime-appindicator (Version 0.9.1) for Linux (installed from package Manager) doesn't work on Mint Mate 19.3.

Is there another applet I can use ? Or another utility ?

Since the el-bot service & Mercator Information Service webpage didn't display the right information I cannot see if there is a special day in EL without connecting on it.

Thanks

Just for your knowledge the linux app does use mercator service too. Am in the process to loosen the possibilities of deadlocks in mercator code, as these are the reason why sometimes mercator freezes up but its work in process.

On 07/07/2020 at 5:52 AM, Baba_Hanouna said:

Hi there,

I just found out that the eltime-appindicator (Version 0.9.1) for Linux (installed from package Manager) doesn't work on Mint Mate 19.3.

Is there another applet I can use ? Or another utility ?

Since the el-bot service & Mercator Information Service webpage didn't display the right information I cannot see if there is a special day in EL without connecting on it.

Thanks

Hi.  Could you expand on "doesn't work" please.  Does it run but the time is not updated for example?

The applet shows up correctly in the system tray, but it displays the incorrect (outdated) time (and from here - the incorrect special day).

(for several days in a row the applet displayed the same time/date and special day)

Usually when that happen an error message popped up on notifications stating something about not be able to read the correct time/date due to some incorrect time sent by some server. (sorry abt that, never paid attention to that statement)

Lately this notification doesn't show up.

Since Vino looked into mercator, the applet is working now.