Eternal Lands Official Forums
bralex

Add 1-2 more instance availability slots across the board.

Is there any chance to increase the amount of instance slots for everybody? 2/2 is often 0/2 and depending on when people go or how busy they are in RL, the farmers will still farm either way.

- soLo

Like bralex said, adding one or two slots won't change much,

the farmers will still farm either way

Instead, why not limit the use of reducers, so there's always a minimum waiting time between instances (say 8-16h). This could be implemented in several ways:

- add a 2nd cooldown, so you have to wait at least x hours before using reducers;

- or reducers won't work if the remaining cooldown is less that y hours.

In that case, no need for extra instance slots, while you still give others a chance to go to an instance.

Tbh, most of the times maps are empty. It's just the pandemic time that most of people are home and playing games. After the pandemic is over, with revi's suggestion, some people will be hurt and nothing will change for those who is called "others". With your suggestion; these will happen.

- Holam price will increase. With the breakrate right now and the invasions/invances amount, this will really hurt mid-range figthers who barely makes profit out of invasions/invances = means less players participating in those.

-Orange price will increase (not that anyone cares)

-Scythe prices will increase (not much of a big deal either)

And the most important thing is, p2p shop coupon prices will increase, it would hurt the game ALOT.

So no, revi's suggestion is not a good one. I like how people give suggestions about things that they never do.

I'd say either keep it this way or add MAXIMUM 1 more map to each instance. But I strongly believe that none of these will happen anyways since it requires both  client update and server update and we are at: Server Uptime: 167 days

-CombineKaddy

Could you explain who would be hurt by having a small minimum cooldown?

That minimum cooldown doesn't have to be very long, but it would prevent back-to-back instancing.

If that doesn't happen now, I don't see why my suggestion would change anything in practice.

Btw, I'm not so sure that either suggestion needs a client update: there would be no map changes,

only an extra server-side copy of each instance map. Atm, there 's nothing client-side indicating

there are 2 slots for each instance.

Of course, both would need a server-side update...

I can name quite a few people. Myself, I can only play actively for 2-3 hours at max after work/cooking/cleaning kitchen etc most of the days and I want to be able to do what I enjoy in the game. Why do you want to put a limit to that? This is a game, why are you always into making things unenjoyable for people in this game?

There is already a cooldown for WTF instance, why do you want to add a cooldown to others? There are people who like to do back-to-back instances and enjoy them. Would you be happy if we add a cooldown for harvesting or alchemy? Why don't we add 12 hour cooldown after 10k harvests aswell while we started to cooldown things. Or 10k mixes? Do you even play the game?

That's why I say, do not give suggestions about things you don't do or enjoy, or think twice before doing so.

Do you even play the game?

If you want to play it that way, too bad, have fun. I'm out.

Edited by revi

Pandemic or no pandemic, that is irrelevant.  The point is there are time frames when many want to go at the same time. I don't see why doubling the amount of instances available for each range would hurt anything.  Instances aren't like invasions with 5k creatures spawning all at once.

I agree with Kaddy about cooldowns.  It's a game and everyone has their favorite things to do in it.  I don't think it's fair to ruin something for all because of a few farmers.

I agree with revi that we don't need to be hurling insults about who plays how.

Yes I agree it's mostly about the pandemic situation, adding few more maps would be good though to prevent people waiting, having a minimum cooldown (8-16h) would hurt even people that don't necessarily farm.

Let's say 2 instance a day is 2h-2h30 of instancing, that would mean we would have to rearrange going instance with the same team, it would especially hurt if people aren't playing in the same timezone. Also I think the minimum requirement of 5 people entering instance doesn't make much sense anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------

Edit

Or add another 160-180 instance :P besides 120-180

Edited by dragon_killer

Well, in that case, make it a minimum of three hours, and allow cooldown reducers on the 110+ instance as well...

Why I proposed a short minimum cooldown:

The cooldown and minimum team requirements weren't there to guarantee success, but to limit the number of instances

that were done per day/week. Instances, like invances and invasions, were never supposed to be the main reason to play.

That apparently has changed, and if that's what's wanted, so be it.

5 hours ago, revi said:

If you want to play it that way, too bad, have fun. I'm out.

That was a little overreaction of mine, my bad, I'm sorry.

But I think you got my point. :P

I think this is a great idea.  This would for sure help them who sit and wait.   Yet it wouldn't affect anyone if they were empty at times.   I see no reason not to add a couple more 

There is currently only 1 6080 slot. adding at least 1 would be nice. Yes, there are multiple teams at the bottom as well (though rarely at same time, it still happens).

Why make us wait to risk our bricks? (which is a good reason for not having a minimum cooldown as well)

On 2020-06-08 at 3:01 AM, Kaddy said:

And the most important thing is, p2p shop coupon prices will increase, it would hurt the game ALOT.

Hi, could I clarify which instance creature drops p2p coupons?

if you want p2p shop coupons i think everyone doing instances have a couple of hundred of them. they are useless and should be replaced with anything else really,  a silver ring is more worth then them

what i really would like to see would be new instances, not just new maps.

I do not know about others, but going all the time into the same instance and the same instance maps gets a bit to predictable.

So lets spice things up, have for example a defend your castle instance, where some players will need to defend something against the  creatures going against them, like the invance, just with the difference that the amount of players taking part is limited to set team, you do not get xp as reward but the drops, and the spot that is defended is something like a telespot inside a setup fortress that makes it possible for a small team to defend while retreating.

Make more different maps for more different setup of ranges and waves for the instances, so that there is a possibility that more people of different sets might play together.

Capture the flag 2 teams play against each other instance, Goal have 2 fortresses with a Telespot in the end, the team that gets a player to one of the teleport wins.

@vinoveritas

More content is always good.

Why can't we have both?

Creating more instances of the current style would be (I hope) relatively simple. Pick a map, pick some existing monsters to spawn, tweak some of the drops, tadaa instance?

Sure, create a 40-60 instance, create a 70-90 instance, create a 90-110 instance, create a 110-130 instance, create a 130-150 instance, create a 150+ instance, create a 160+ instance.

Creating 'new style' instances would also be great, but maps don't exist, different coding would need to be done, etc. Given that, personally I think it's unlikely to happen (though radu could prove us all wrong, sure), and we shouldn't say that the original idea here shouldn't happen because 'new style instances' or just generic 'new' instances should instead.

Edited by Diealot

100% with this, we need more instance slots, i only had a window of 2-3 hours i can really play without having my kids here or being at work and unfortunately that  is when the maps are always full so i have to wait at least 30-40 mins to get a map. Seems everyone loves this idea, why not add it?