Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

New client update available 1.9.5.p8

Version 1.9.5p8 of the EL client is ready for release. This release brings Windows, MacOS and Linux versions in-line and fixes a small number of bugs.  The data package is unchanged from p7.  The full list of changes can be read on the release page.

MacOS:

MacOS package (from Ben)

Windows options:
  Windows 7-10 32-Bit installer
  Windows 7-10 64-Bit installer
  Windows 7-10 32-Bit executable and DLL files
  Windows 7-10 64-Bit executable and DLL files

Linux options:
  Flatpak Package (recommended)
  Snap Package
  Debian and Ubuntu Packages
  Linux general installer
  Linux 32-bit executable
  Linux 64 bit executable

Data Files:
  Data Files
  Sound Files
  Music Files

Please always back up your personal files, not just for this update.

Yes. A 64 Bit Program running on a 64bit OS and a 64bit processor is always more performant then a 32 bit version on the same Machine. Because Windows does run 32 bit Programs in a kind of Emulator. (there is an interface that takes the 32 bit variables and bytes, enlarges them to 64 bit and after processing turns them back to 32 bit) to be able to run them  in the 64 bit Environment. This kind of emulation, is the reason why Apple abandon the 32 bit backwards compatibility. Its different if you run  a 32 Bit OS on a 64 bit Processor, because then the Processor goes into a 32 bit legacy mode and the emulation steps in between are not needed. I do expect that sooner or later Microsoft will also stop the support for 32 bit Programs, as is the case with Apple, and several Linux distributions.

Well, what I asked was if there is a significant difference in performance. I am not sure how big the overhead is, but probably it's pretty small.

Is there any reason the 64 bit windows installs in "program files x86" - which is normally the location for 32 bit apps?

17 minutes ago, Raz said:

Is there any reason the 64 bit windows installs in "program files x86" - which is normally the location for 32 bit apps?

No deliberate reason.  I had not noticed that, I usually install locally not "for all users".  Its probably been like that since I started producing the Windows build using this installer last year.  Looks like there's an option for the installer configuration settings that I've not set.

I hope its OK, but I've moved the two suggestion for HUD and storage UI changes into new topics in the general suggestion area.

On the 32-bit / 64-bit installation directory question, I've updated and uploaded new installer packages which now default to "program files x86" for 32 -bit, and "program files" for 64-bit when selecting to "install for all users".