Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ben

Eternal Lands for macOS - Download here!

Introducing the Eternal Lands client for the Mac!

The client is compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave and onwards, and, as of 1.9.5p9, is built as a universal binary to provide native support for both Intel (x86-64) and Apple Silicon (ARM64) Macs.

The client also supports High Resolution mode for Mac users with modern displays. High Resolution mode is automatically detected and enabled for systems which support it, but it does use slightly more resources. If you’d rather forego the beautiful crispness in favour of performance, you can disable High Resolution mode via the method described here.

Moving forwards, updated macOS client builds will be made available with each official client release - keep an eye on the general chat forum or this thread for future updates.

Big thank you to Bluap and Grum for all the hard work they do to bring us new features - you guys rock!

Download Here (Eternal Lands macOS 1.9.6, released 16/12/21)

Previous Version (Eternal Lands macOS 1.9.5p9, released 11/4/21)

Old Version (Eternal Lands macOS 1.9.5p8, released 30/4/20)

Any problems or questions? Please read the Eternal Lands for macOS FAQs first.

Edited by Ben

Since the new MacOS its like jumping through a lot of hoops to get an unsigned Program running. People get several times Warnings that its unsafe to do so, and the buttons for continued running are hidden. To discourage people without deeper knowledge of an Operating System to not start it.

21 minutes ago, vinoveritas said:

Since the new MacOS its like jumping through a lot of hoops to get an unsigned Program running. People get several times Warnings that its unsafe to do so, and the buttons for continued running are hidden. To discourage people without deeper knowledge of an Operating System to not start it.

Exactly. Until 10.14 Mojave it was considered best practice to have an app distributed outside the App Store signed and notarised by Apple, and users would receive a dismissible warning when opening the app. As of 10.15 Catalina, the only way to run a non-notarised app is to completely disable various system protections first (bad idea), which makes it necessary for those apps to now be signed and notarised in order to run :)

Edited by Ben

really looking forward when has time to test, ty Ben ty Bluap en with help of VV, now some other updates from the main and chalenges

Edited by Mirt

Thank you for the feedback guys, both here and in-game. :)

There'll be a new build (1.9.5p8) likely coming in the next few days with bug fixes from Bluap for some minor HighDPI bugs and the alt+s = ß issue. The next release will also include Burn's minimal map pack by default (thanks, Burn!), and I have been working on a small launcher app to make it easier for Mac users to run multiple clients/access other servers.

Edited by Ben

new client for older mac OS, mac book pro 2015.
I'm running El capitan 10:11:06 and i have other stuff on the computer that won't run on a higher grade
which El client do i use for this OS version or dosen't el run on older OS anymore?

Edited by caladina

Unfortunately 10.14 is the earliest macOS version my builds support. I chose 10.14 as it is the earliest we can target without causing annoying compromises for those running newer versions. 10.14 was also the final macOS to support 32-bit apps, and it seemed like a happy medium between "old" and "new" whereby those used to their older apps would not be left in a position where they had to choose between modern EL and access to those older apps.

For a bit of context, 10.14 was released in 2018 and is compatible with nearly any Mac released from 2012 onwards (including a 2015 MBP!). If you drop me a forum PM I'll be happy to discuss the barriers which are preventing you from upgrading. It seems a shame to be stuck on 10.11 (which Apple considers EOL) when you have the ability to run the latest and greatest :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.