Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

Remove Serpent Stone from Dvarium/Wolframite Bar Mixes

Simple enough, change the required items to mix wolframite and dvarium bars to no longer require Serpent Stones.

Reasons being:

1- They're expensive even without the stones
2- The Serpent Stone is worth more than the bars

Current pricing:
Serp Stone ~22k

Dvarium Bar - unknown but also not normally available, wouldn't sell for under at least 31k to break even cost (also not sold by NPC)
Wolframite Bar - 15kgc (from NPC, not made by players due to cost)

Edited by Burn

If you increase the demand of binding stones (by mixing greatswords/crowns), binding stones will jump in price to make greatsword/crown mixing not viable, again (and by extention - no one will want wolfram bars). in the end, all we're achieving is higher binding stone prices.

It all revolves around shop stones. their demand >>supply, but radu doesn't want to increase their supply in game, as it would negatively affect his shop sales.

Your point is... around the level of WTF.

Wolframite bars are not made at all. They're sold by NPC for 15kgc because noone's going to mix a 22kgc stone with the added cost of the wolframite for one. Alch tutorial and incredibly dimwitted people excluded.
Removing the stone will have essentially zero effect on the stone value.

Dvarium is hardly used enough that it would make a significant change in anything.

and 2) We're not discussing binding stones here. Do not change my topic, or anyone else's. You have a topic, make your own post.

ok, then. care to explain what would change if you removed serp stone? coz i dont get it.

I understand the idea behind dvarium, but not wolfram.

As I've stated before, I dont like the idea of changing recipes just because an ingredient becomes too expensive.

I thought the idea was to have a free market here, with prices adjusted according to offer and demand.

If you start adjusting recipes, because the value of the ingredients becomes higher than the value of the item, you should also

remove binding stones, EFE, EME etc from the armour and weapons recipes (the prices for binding stones and enriched essences went up

before serpent stones became expensive, the recipes concerned haven't been changed...).

But then, what's the use of the rare items?

12 minutes ago, revi said:

I thought the idea was to have a free market here, with prices adjusted according to offer and demand.

free market, when half of the items' prices are dictated by npcs' sell price *shakes head* . i dont rmeember this game having a free market, ever.

sorry, off topic again.

Edited by LongMustache

4 hours ago, LongMustache said:

ok, then. care to explain what would change if you removed serp stone? coz i dont get it.

I understand the idea behind dvarium, but not wolfram.

Removing it from Wolf bar would make it at least worthwhile for players to harvest wolframite and make the bar. Having a 22kgc stone in a bar that can be bought at the NPC for 15kgc ensures that never happens. It puts the onus back on alchemists rather than NPCs. And anytime that can be done is a good thing.

Wolfram bar was already not worth making in 2008 when rare stuff was much cheaper, it never had a chance of being a makeable bar. This would finally fix that, and the bar would be close to but cheaper than the NPC, so little effect on the economy, just making player mixing more important than NPC purchasing.

55 minutes ago, Burn said:

Removing it from Wolf bar would make it at least worthwhile for players to harvest wolframite and make the bar. Having a 22kgc stone in a bar that can be bought at the NPC for 15kgc ensures that never happens. It puts the onus back on alchemists rather than NPCs. And anytime that can be done is a good thing.

Wolfram bar was already not worth making in 2008 when rare stuff was much cheaper, it never had a chance of being a makeable bar. This would finally fix that, and the bar would be close to but cheaper than the NPC, so little effect on the economy, just making player mixing more important than NPC purchasing.

i doubt anyone buy them from npc. only halberd and dragon blade is made from them atm. everything else is cheaper from npc, even if wolfram bar was removed from all recipies.

Halberd - hardly used, so that leaves only dragon blade, and wolfram is only a fraction of it's cost.

theres an underlying bigger issue - that is stone price. if the stone price was lower, and we could craft greatswords/crowns, then it would be worth discussing wolfram. As it is, wolfram might as well not exist in the game. dead content (apart from 10-20bars that go into dragon blades... and maybe a couple for tutorial).

Edited by LongMustache

Agree completely on removal of serpent stones. Maybe substitute EEEs.

In general NPCs have made some items non-mixable except for quests.  I actually did my quests on no books day so I did not waste gold coins making tin/copper/bronze bars since NPC sells cheaper than to make including bronze armor.

On 1.1.2020 at 9:00 PM, LongMustache said:

i doubt anyone buy them from npc. only halberd and dragon blade is made from them atm. everything else is cheaper from npc, even if wolfram bar was removed from all recipies.

Halberd - hardly used, so that leaves only dragon blade, and wolfram is only a fraction of it's cost.

theres an underlying bigger issue - that is stone price. if the stone price was lower, and we could craft greatswords/crowns, then it would be worth discussing wolfram. As it is, wolfram might as well not exist in the game. dead content (apart from 10-20bars that go into dragon blades... and maybe a couple for tutorial).

As a Manu 100, i must say i make more halberds then any other weapon in game. and i am buying all my wolfram bars at npc because of the serpent stones, but even without the serpent stones, based on the fact that wolframite needs steel long swords. the cost would be around 8500-9000 gold coins per bar.

its similar for Dvarium bars. I hardly mix anything that is needing those stones as i do not have many of them left. So reducing some of the recipes to have the rare stones make the other items more worth mixable again.

For an item dropped by 14 creatures it is amazingly uncommon.  I think a good number of them are used for players with 60+ manufacturing reading books getting higher level Darithia items.

A halberd is my most common item which requires rare ingredients as well almost double more than iron plate which is my next item which is why I agree they are not "hardly used".

Nobody makes lesser magic swords anymore and lesser magic swords are now entering game via random item thing.  Only use these days appear to be for bots.  I bought one for a serpent stone.  They are still being used in halberds (a favorite weapon), spear (preferred by some for some monsters), titanium axe (quest), titanium serpent stone (a favorite weapon of characters without high human nexus and have a few requests for crafting Red Dragon Helm of Life and Mana.

Nobody is silly enough to use on enhanced iron armor anymore which is the expensive versions of augmented leather armor which breaks easier than unenhanced armor.

Now for bars radioactive weapons require Dvarium Bars which requires serpent stones so quite a number get used there.