Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LongMustache

New stones from harvesting

Magical Stone

Obtained from harvesting mini events (common).

Weight: 1 emu

Stacks: yes

Used for: crafting

Large Magical Stone

Obtained from harvesting events (rare, but not as rare as current stones)

Weight: 1 emu

Used for: crafting

We could remove gold and gold bags from harvesting events at the same time, without hurting the harvesters.

Stone of (shield, restoration, TPR, ICTPR, magic immunity , heat/cold/rad shield)

weight: 1 emu

When used: cast the appropriate spell, cannot fail when using

Cooldown (when using): 5-30 sec, not shared with magic

Mana cost (when using): none

Magic lvl req (when using): same as spell

Magic exp given (when using): none or very little

effect scales based on the user's attributes and mag level.

creating:

Required materials:

1 Magical stone

1 SR potion (2 for higher cost spells)

1 Energy ess

1 Magic ess

materials for the spell (e.g. 4 HE for restoration)

required skills:

crafting: idk

magic: same as spell

exp given in:

crafting: some

magic: same as spell

Stone of extreme restoration

weight: 1 emu

When used: restore health and mana to full.

Cooldown (when using): 1-10 min, not shared with magic or magic stones

Mana cost (when using): none

Magic lvl req (when using): none

Magic exp given (when using): none or very little

creating:

1 Large magical stone

2 EMP

10 Health ess

10 magic ess

1 Enriched energy ess

required skills:

crafting: idk

magic: idk

exp given in:

crafting: some

magic: some

Both are single use items.

tl;dr new stones can be obtained from harvesting mini events, which then can be charged with any self-cast spell. The charged stones can be used later to cast the appropriate spell for free (no mana or ess required). Useful for instances and invasions, or when you want to train longer at a spot (since the stones weight less than the essences). The rare stone is expensive, but fully restore mana and health. Nice as a life saver when you're out of mana, or at low magic level, when restore can fail.

At the same time we could remove all gold from harvesting events, which, hopefully, would deflate the prices a little, so more items would be profitable to make (instead of buying them from npc).

Edited by LongMustache

So basically you propose a number of items (11),

two with no defined use (or do  you propose to change existing recipies?),

one which largely duplicates the beaver token (I don't think the "fully restores hp" is making a big difference) with a rather large cooldown,

and the last eight as a somewhat expensive way to reduce current limitations due to mana, emu and cooldown.

Oh, and the stones remove any risk of failure (I'm surprised you want the same minimum magic level for use as the corresponding spell)

In exchange, you suggest gc drops are removed from harvesting to "hopefully deflate prices a little" .

In ~8M harvests, I collected ~300k gc. Please compare that to the average drops from invasion bosses. You'll notice that harvesting is not the main source of gc coming into the game (I doubt it even counts as a minor source...)

Oh, and in addition, a number of the spell stones cannot be made with your suggested ingredients and the current mix window (requiring 7 ingredients,

mix window only allows 6).

Edited by revi

1 hour ago, revi said:

So basically you propose a number of items (11),

two with no defined use (or do  you propose to change existing recipies?),

one which largely duplicates the beaver token (I don't think the "fully restores hp" is making a big difference) with a rather large cooldown,

and the last eight as a somewhat expensive way to reduce current limitations due to mana, emu and cooldown.

Oh, and the stones remove any risk of failure (I'm surprised you want the same minimum magic level for use as the corresponding spell)

In exchange, you suggest gc drops are removed from harvesting to "hopefully deflate prices a little" .

In ~8M harvests, I collected ~300k gc. Please compare that to the average drops from invasion bosses. You'll notice that harvesting is not the main source of gc coming into the game (I doubt it even counts as a minor source...)

Oh, and in addition, a number of the spell stones cannot be made with your suggested ingredients and the current mix window (requiring 7 ingredients,

mix window only allows 6).

yes its 11 items. I dont see anything wrong with it.

which ones have no use?

I don't see anything wrong with duplicating beaver token, beaver token in itself is way overpriced duo to limited supply (who kills beavers other than for haidir...?). maybe the price would settle somewhere where its useable with the stone.

"and the last eight as a somewhat expensive way to reduce current limitations due to mana, emu and cooldown." exactly what was done with the introduction of the mentioned beaver token. If you think about it, thats what everything in the game does - reduce limitations. weps? reduce limitations on what you can fight. pots? reduce limitations on mana/food regen. and so on.

And convenience. dont discard it. i'd rather pick up +300g cost stone than sort out the runes for ictpr. especially if i need to use it a few times in a row.

The stones do remove risk of failure. Comes with the price. Helpful for someone starting the game who just got to 21 mag and wants a cheap fail-safe. Failsafe is useless for anyone of higher lvl, since you want to have mag lvl for bigger heals, anyway.

in 6k harvests today i collected 1kgc. Is that a lot? no. But considerable over the entire game. All gold gen counts in the long run. 5 or 10% less gold generated could amount in decent changes in a couple of years.

If youre refering to ICTPR stone , its 6 mats, if u check carefully :)

lastly. if they're useless, their price will drop to next to nothing and more ppl with use it for convenience, which automatically make em not useless.

Edited by LongMustache