Eternal Lands Official Forums
StouXy

IP Storage for everyone.

Hi,

I'll be posting few posts separately, each post will contain one suggestion for an update. So more people can give their feedback and thoughts on the topic :) 

Everything has been discussed by with radu and now we need community's feedback :) Hope you like those. 

Please, let us know why this idea is GOOD, as well as, why this idea is BAD, thank you

6. Make the IP storage for everyone, not only for newbies.

IP newbie storage could be used by everyone, this will attract more people to spend time on IP and newbies will see more people there. Some might think that players will harvest flowers 24/7. Even if they did, so what? :P Those flowers are like 0,1-0,2 gc/ea. And I very much doubt that, as the market for such flowers is pretty much dead.

But if you have any doubts, we could give it a one month trial and we will see how it unfolds. If it's a fail and people abuse the flower thing, make it newbie only again.

Oh, some might say that it will be so crowded and newbies won't access the storage. 

As of now, votd is one of the most crowded storages in the game, and no, it's never too crowded.

And I will still be using VOTD over IP storage, so I think there's nothing to worry about.

One month trial and we'll see :)

Thank you

StouXy

Edited by StouXy

its already be discussed extensively in game and its not happened, in my opinion it might work with a separate store on ip for over cap players but i cant see it happening

if there is a second store for overcapped players 140,170 would be good

Edited by caladina

7 minutes ago, caladina said:

its already be discussed extensively in game and its not happened, in my opinion it might work with a separate store on ip for over cap players but i cant see it happening

Right, this one was brought up a lot, just wrote it here so we can revisit it and maybe give it a shot. 

I don't agree with your idea that VotD is the most crowded storage in game (I'd say TD or NC) :P

Apart from that, flowers are only useful in combination with other ingredients, so that's not too much of a reason to keep IP "newbie only".

And the problem with players harvesting 24/7 is not the amount of flowers harvested (think about how to harvest 24/7...).

I can see a problem with the number of alts some players use: if all of those start harvesting on IP, the flowers will be inaccessible

(that's where a harvester spends most of his time, not at storage).

6 minutes ago, revi said:

I don't agree with your idea that VotD is the most crowded storage in game (I'd say TD or NC) :P

Apart from that, flowers are only useful in combination with other ingredients, so that's not too much of a reason to keep IP "newbie only".

And the problem with players harvesting 24/7 is not the amount of flowers harvested (think about how to harvest 24/7...).

I can see a problem with the number of alts some players use: if all of those start harvesting on IP, the flowers will be inaccessible

(that's where a harvester spends most of his time, not at storage).

Ye, that's why I said " one of the most crowded " :D
Agreed

Yeah, could be a problem, but still, not a huge problem. Only way to find out is to try out :D

I am all for the trial period. I would love to be able to mix at ip and be able to answer any potential new players or returning players questions in the process. And the trial period will allow us to see hoe crowded the storage and ip itself would get with the change. 

I am all for it, as everyone knows.  :P

Even if alts sit there and harvest, so what.  They are still there and active.  People will still prefer VotD for roses and snaps.  Chrysanthemums still need silver ore to be useful. 

Newbies want to see other people.  They want people to talk to, they want to see what we do ingame, and they want people to help them.  Players would be much more inclined to hang around IP if there was something for them to do.  It's not fair to expect players to just sit on the bench and do nothing but wait for new players to pop up. 

I also don't think players would be there just for flowers.  One example would be it would be a great place for meeting people who died with their death bags.  Again, newbies would see discussion about other aspects of the game, see higher level gear, and all sorts of things they wouldn't normally see. 

Newbies want to see an active, thriving game with other players.  I don't see how it would be possible for it to be "too crowded".

I'm thinking more on the affect to other harvestables such as ores and minerals e.g. silver, sulfur and iron.  Fill up inventory, beam, then tele back to map with resource nearest to tele point.  It seems too easy to me.

Maybe a 2nd storage for non-newbs will help but it'd have to be far from beam point and I don't there is a far enough place on IP except for maybe tavern basement.

Could you block the flower section of the storage for those above the level? I mean, I can see the 'stress' about it, it would be an ideal place for a non-stop day for sure...

I also think it would be a great idea to bring traffic, but yeah, the flower harvesting is a little troublesome (and I really don't think it'd be fair to make them unharvestable). the addictional traffic would be beneficial though, so eh... There's only a couple flowers I would be worried about. But I tell you, some of them are VERY quick, even if they are .5gc each...

2 hours ago, Nogrod said:

I'm thinking more on the affect to other harvestables such as ores and minerals e.g. silver, sulfur and iron.  Fill up inventory, beam, then tele back to map with resource nearest to tele point.  It seems too easy to me.

I don't understand what you mean by this at all.

2 hours ago, Nogrod said:

Maybe a 2nd storage for non-newbs will help but it'd have to be far from beam point and I don't there is a far enough place on IP except for maybe tavern basement.

Having two separate storages far apart from each other completely defeats the purpose.

24 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

I don't understand what you mean by this at all.

I meant that if people can beam to a nearby storage after filling their EMU by harvesting, it would affect the rate at which many harvestables can be gathered. This is especially true for harvestables on C1 that are far from an existing storage.

24 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

Having two separate storages far apart from each other completely defeats the purpose.

I don't think it completly defeats the purpose. As long as the storage is used, there will be more traffic on IP and more people bumping into newbies.  Making the storage harder to access would drive down usage to some extent. I think that the 2 factors need to be balanced: increased traffic on IP and the impact to harvesting. Putting sto in tavern basement may be too inconvenient so maybe putting it in another place on IP that's not too close to beam may be better.

Edited by Nogrod
typographical error and clarification

1 minute ago, Nogrod said:

I meant that if people can beam to a nearby storage after filling their EMU by harvesting, it would affect the rate at which many harvestables can be gathered. This is especially true for harvestables on C1 that are far from an existing storage.

I can see the beam bit but then they would have a very long walk back to the harvestable, or they would need to use a lot of rings or teleport essies to do that, which also takes up emu and uses gc. 

Deceiving post title of the year here.

A storage where I can share across characters on my IP? YES!

Being able to use IP sto on any character is still pretty great. Make murderering scotty a more negative perk, and make IP more enticing so newbs can see more people playing.

Nogrod to mass transport empty vials i use this system.  ring to votd-> empty vials-> ring to melenis buy new ones.

Similar things i have done with other resources after they got collected in big masses.

So your suggestion does not save much time for players who already am not to cheap to pay a few gc  for the comfort of saving time.

all you would do to them is make them save say 100gc for an votd ring. on the big trouble makers there would be 1 min saving maybe less.  That should not be a trouble. Especially since a lot of players have taken scotty died.

Lovely idea, i often hang out in IP and having working storage there would be great. i also don't see an issue with any increased harvesting activity, like someone already mentioned, it would be great to have more people in IP, showing new players that the game is active and perhaps having more interaction between new and old players.

:happy:

44 minutes ago, Crysanie said:

Lovely idea, i often hang out in IP and having working storage there would be great. i also don't see an issue with any increased harvesting activity, like someone already mentioned, it would be great to have more people in IP, showing new players that the game is active and perhaps having more interaction between new and old players.

:happy:

I think part of the reason IP storage was limited to low levels in the first place was to help encourage players to leave IP.

4 hours ago, Learner said:

I think part of the reason IP storage was limited to low levels in the first place was to help encourage players to leave IP.

Oh, i didn't see that could be a problem, lol. For me, IP is nice, but i still want to leave it, storage or not. 

Not sure if this is what you meant, but IIRC, the tutorial quest (and some other quests in IP), do encourage exploration.

Edited by Crysanie

if there is to be an additional store on ip for all i would suggest 140, 170 on ip which is just north of the original one (suggesting this after watching the podcast)

it will serve as a visible communion of players and keep the newbie store clearer for newbies which was a concern mentioned

Edited by caladina

Opening up the storage on IP would be nice. Not sure I would use it myself as I like C2, but I think it would be nice for others and as said allow newbies to see other players and interact with more ppl.

While there's just afk-ers, mixing is the primary reason people will sit at storage.

Like VotD, there could be a "no manufacture" area around the storage to reduce people sitting at it. It's not real a "manu" storage as you need ings from other maps to mix pretty much anything.

Harvers are going to be primarily sitting mostly at the flowers.

As for harvestables, the primary ones that might be harvested there are:

- impatiens (next to the bench just steps from storage) this will be the biggest issue

- red snapdragons and wood are closer to the fire pit, don't think they're any better than available places on other maps

- branches in the woods, still better in other locations like votd and evtr

Nothing else is close enough to storage to bother considering, all others have closer-to-sto locations on other c1 maps

Edited by Burn

Maybe there could be another NPC two steps to the left, and another two steps to the left of that one. All storage NPC's so people can crowd around each NPC. room for probably more people than there are playing right now. Also, I heard radu thought the flower market will crash from this? May I ask... what flower market? You can observe channel 3 for 1 week, 24 hours a day and not see someone selling flowers as a source of income. I don't see how this will ever become an issue. And even if it is, the chance that new players will stay outweigh the high flower influx.... by a lot. Also if it becomes a REAL issue, just remove the few that are too OP. radu removed the BSF that was next to MM sto many years back so it is possible. Again, anything to get new players is WORTH.

ALSO, if this idea falls though, at least remove the non-mixing at VOTD as that map is most  likely the second storage a newbie will see, and that's empty too... very unwelcoming to a newbie.

Edited by DeadlyTears

Hello thinking it's a great timing to actually implemen this, as it seems there are more newbies and people playing lately, if radu is actually worried about people farming the flowers to sell NPC or to mix health essence etc (could always check how many health essence are mixed a month in game).

As you suggested we could get another storage at few steps to the east of novac.

The idea is to keep the afkers (those who collect ACP) out of IP so ideally would be nice to sit at sto for mixing and talking.