Eternal Lands Official Forums
StouXy

Increase MINIMUM gc drop rate from monsters

Hi,

I'll be posting few posts separately, each post will contain one suggestion for an update. So more people can give their feedback and thoughts on the topic :) 

Everything has been discussed by with radu and now we need community's feedback :) Hope you like those. 

Please, let us know why this idea is GOOD, as well as, why this idea is BAD, thank you.

4. Increase the MINIMUM gold coins drop rates from monsters.

You might think that when you get 10,990 gold coins drop from Mare Bulangiu , it will motivate you to go again and kill MB again. But no, it discourages me to do an ice instance. After two hours, seeing 11k drop is just meh. Therefore we suggest to increase the MINIMUM gc drop rate. So people have guaranteed say, 50k gold coins from MB for example. Also, decrease the MAXIMUM gc drop rate by a bit so the balance is kept intact. People will be more motivated, which means people will do more instances, will die more, will spend more "entry fee" items etc...

Thank you

StouXy

As I think one of the main problems in game is the excessive influx of gc, I don't think just increasing

the minimum  drops while keeping the same average drop is good.

You state that the the aim is to increase participation in instances. More instances would mean even more gc

coming into the game, exactly the opposite of what I think is needed.

As for your numbers: according to wiki, MB drops 10-130k, so average 70k. And you want a guaranteed

50k minimum. That sounds like way too much, the 11k you mentioned as a "meh" drop seems reasonable:

after those 2 h instance, you don't have only the MB drop, you also have the other drops.

And, 11k is a low end drop, you should also get the 129k as often. But the high end gold drops are never mentioned...

So if you want to change to a guaranteed minimum, I suggest the maximum is lowered so that the average drops by

half the amount of the minimum guaranteed drop (so for MB: increase the minimum to 40k would imply lowering the

average to 55k, so a maximum drop of 70k). If radu wants to keep the same value for the drops, item dropss can 

be increased.

From what I have heard and seen in Chanel 6 the ice instance is a very popular instance and can be very profitable even at the drop rates they are currently at.  So I agree with revi on this one, if the min is increased the the average would need to be decreased as well. 

The idea is to increase the minimum but decrease the maximum, so it's more consistent every time you fight one.  This doesn't apply just for instances, but invasions, etc.  It is very discouraging to spend a ton of resources and time just to get a small drop that most often has to be shared. 

I personally find it discouraging when a dragon of all things drops 236 gc and a red dragon scale.  :( 

Having a minimum is great. I mean yes the current instance can be profitable but when can you say there is an average when in a way it’s also base on luck in what the monsters drop.

So... You say it is discouraging to go ice after 2 hours and not profit? how about we go back to before where the average ice instance share was 25k and no MBs at all? This sounds like greed just like how people were going nasp wave to get millions of def exp with sop and afk. Instances were never meant to go with so few people originally and now you can even solo them with alts... Hit or miss you have the option to go again get a 'nexus' for nice profit unlike before where the chances were super low since it was just 2 bula and we all know whoever ice instances that regular bulas suck in comparison to MB. In my opinion the ice is fine the way it is and the drops are fine having experienced that from before. 

- soLo

30 minutes ago, Starkie said:

Having a minimum is great. I mean yes the current instance can be profitable but when can you say there is an average when in a way it’s also base on luck in what the monsters drop.

It is because the drops are partly based on luck that you talk about an average (it's called statistics). But, averages are based on large numbers of events, you won't get less half of the time (and more the other half).

And this is serious advice (and not just for Starkie): if you don't understand why you can talk about averages regarding drops, get a good text on probability theory. A lot of things in real life are based on the same principles ...

I agree with there being a minimum. I hate seeing you guys work so hard and get a crappy drop. Just think the for balance purposes with the minimum increased the maximum needs to decrease. 

I agree with raising the min somewhat but not too much. Min of 20k  for an MB seems ok for me... In the end some of the fun of the game comes from the highs and the lows (cant have a high without a low). But 10k from an MB... yeah that annoys me aswell (after all the efford put in).

As for the dragons, yes... blue drops nicely but the other ones can have very low drops and that is a shame for such a strong monster. I guess that is why a lot of them are left in invasions.

Any suggestion in increasing the  regular ice and blue dragons drops? I farmer plenty of those with low gc sometimes even 1gc of ice lowest of blue was around 500 I got. For high hp or difficulty monsters they should be more rewarding in general. 

4 minutes ago, Starkie said:

Any suggestion in increasing the  regular ice and blue dragons drops? I farmer plenty of those with low gc sometimes even 1gc of ice lowest of blue was around 500 I got. For high hp or difficulty monsters they should be more rewarding in general. 

And red.  :P

But yes.  Dragons should not be dropping 1 gc.  And not everybody farms, either.

Last few months, I am by far the most ice farming person in EL and I’d say keep the drops same in instances. Even with the lowest drops on lets say 3 man, it is by far the most gc/hour event in EL. 

You cannot win everytime, and personally I like the highs and lows, just like Ambro. 

BUT, since instance and invasion drops can be different, DEFO add a minimum drop for rd/bd/ice, blue dragons (especially blues, they suck at invasions) and obviously MB since most of the times ice and above is teamed up. But people don’t even bother sharing dragon drops coz they suck. In dragon-dense invasions, tank gets all and hitters get nothing which is quite disappointing for hitters. 

For mbs, I barely remember solo’ing a mb, maybe 2-3 in last months and I usually call my guild when I see them. But you spend your time killing those and getting 10k and splitting it into 4 is quite heartbreaking lol. 

So... add minimum to invasion drops because they are meant to be done as teams. 

Kad

Everyone posting seems to be focused on the high-end stuff.  I'd like to look at the other end.

New players are often cash poor (books, sigils and supplies cost a lot of GC).  So I think it would make sense to raise the minimum (and not change the maximum) for low end critters.  Say Trolls and below, or perhaps Fluffies and below (for newish players).  Of course everything above that break point (Trolls, Fluffies) would need a minimum no lower that the critters below it.

I also want to look at the lower critters.

I think the current payout is ok for critters that drop tokens, more valuable furs, PW, Trolls and Clops (the books are a nice boost).

For other critters like Armed Orcs, Leprechauns (lol), Imp, Gargoyles (granted, it's possible to get a RIG) , the advantage seems low compared to other things the game offers. I heard that an Orc drops Serpent Stones but I've not received one after thousands killed.

Overall, I do believe that tokens have greatly improved the profitability of many lower creatures but I'd like to see more GC from some of the other low creatures, especially for new players who don't want to spend all their time harving + mixing ess or farming tokens. Instead I like the idea of increasing the profitablility of killing a variety of creatures while a newbie explores the maps.

Kinda agree with Revi here, but when I saw the maximum would be also adjusted accordingly, I would be okay with it. I am not a fighter, but I have heard many people say we have an excess of gold. I don't know either way, but just putting in my opinion, as little as it honestly matters here. I guess Radu would know if we have a true excess of it or not though.

I don't really get the point of increasing it if the average stays the same. But if it makes people happy then sure!

I like bkc's inclusion of low-leveled things best. Killing a gargoyley and getting a no drop is sad.

You would want to keep the average in the same area (as in the midway point between the min and max) so as to not create a greater influx of gc coming into the game. But there should be an acceptable minimum so that you aren't killing mobs for a pointless gc amount.

As someone who saw both about the maximum drop as well as close to the minimum drop of a mb. I must say to cap a Mb at 5kgc would be at least needed to minimally pay for the Health Essences and SRS even good players will need for killing it. btw i think same is true for an Dragon. At least i can kill a red dragon for about the cost of 1kgc (if nothing breaks and no death) a black dragon for maybe 1.5k-2k an ice and blue dragon i cannot say that i comfortably can kill them alone. but if i have a decent 5 man team there and am the tank, i am using about 2.5k on an ice and 5k on a blue dragon to kill. So at least for me those parts of an instance are usually a loss.

Now to the influx of GC in the game to be the problem. Its not the GC income in game that is the problem, its the way how it can get out of the game again. And gold sinks like ranging only works to a degree. Having manufacture skills as gold sinks is something wired and completely counterproductive to the game fun. (and yes i used a lot of the sinks as i am crafting 115, manu 100, eng 81  and ranging 73 just to name the biggest gold sinks )