Eternal Lands Official Forums
StouXy

Special items rates changes.

Hi,

I'll be posting few posts separately, each post will contain one suggestion for an update. So more people can give their feedback and thoughts on the topic :) 

Everything has been discussed by with radu and now we need community's feedback :) Hope you like those. 

Please, let us know why this idea is GOOD, as well as, why this idea is BAD, thank you.

3. CHANGE THE RATES OF THE FOLLOWING WEAPONS:

a ) Reduce the break of armor chance on Branch of the Destruction  to 3% and increase break rate.  People hate Branch of Destruction, they are scared of their armor or weapons being destroyed in the combat, therefore they are afraid to enter the PK map. Sure, there is a cape and a skirt, but still, it scares people. That's why we suggest to reduce the chance to 3% as well as increase the break rate of BroD itself. This might make people less scared of the weapon itself.

b )  Jagged Sabre of Cooling increase the chance of freezing from 2.5% to 4%. Players will want to use the weapon more, as it will become kind of relevant again, not by a much, but still. At least will try it out and it's nothing major that it would break the game. Also, people will try to make more of those, therefore they will break more as there will be more of them being used in combat. 

c ) Orc Slayer of Mana Nullification chance increase to 4% from 2%.  Same as above ^^

Thank you

StouXy

a) Get rid of Branch of Destruction for players.  I think it is akin to griefing and is too negative of a game mechanic for a community based game.  Gear is just too costly (both gc and $$) for another player to be able to willfully destroy it.  Keeping it on boss mobs but lowering the rate for them is a good idea.

b)Yes - anything to increase the use of other weapons in the game is a good thing.

c) Yes - anything to increase the use of other weapons in the game is a good thing.

For the brod I don't see anything wrong with how the weapon is currently.  You can have the break chance if you wish, but the wep is supposed to break gear and we have 2 items that can prevent the effect so that is something pkers will have to consider. And in my opinion decreasing the effect chance will not increase pk as nobody has a problem fighting a casty or Bricker. 

As for the jagged Sabre of cooling and osmn I don't mind the effect chance increasing, but I still don't see how that would increase the amount being manufactured.  These weapons will be used mostly for pk purposes. If I was going to make these weps for the rares I would ask:

How many weps on average would need to be made to get the rare? 

Would the demand and profit from the rare cover the losses from the normal weps themselves? (depending on the chance and the lack of demand as pk is mostly dead I don't see that as being a yes tho I could be wrong.) 

Also, there's the golden star mace, which has the brod effect, and is a lot cheaper than the branch of destruction.

So, getting rid of brod would mean getting rid of golden star mace as well. And the latter one is both a drop, and used in a quest.

A

PK is dead and the reason has nothing to do with brod. 

B

PK oriented weapon, which means NULL-oriented weapon. Doesn’t worth shit since js hits 3-10 to dragon armors... lol

C

See above, make the damage 5-15 lol. 

My 2 cents. First i must say i hate when people willfully try to destroy other peoples armor.

That said, in the Breaking quests there is actually a scenario where the Brod or the Golden Star Mace comes in handy.

Degrading of the armor that needs to be broken.

As many people who done the quest will agree one, the fact that the final breaking needs to be without Brod. Makes this quest to be one that goes over the stretch of years. Just on My side, on 25.10.2015 i broke my black dragon gr eaves as first piece of the black dragon set to break. on 23rd.01.2019 My dragon helm as the last item broke. That makes a stretch of little more then 3 years to get the quest done. And that's only when i recorded the quest. i Started the quest the day it ame out. I know others who did the same and are not at same level as i am right now. And yes the people are fighting what they can handle in the Armor they need to break and with little else.

My suggestion is Make the Armor and the Cloth breaking to include Brod. Make the weapon useful. And try to get the juvenile players who think they need to break someones armor something to do. Instead trying to see if they can sneak up on someone who does not want to fight.