Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dragon_killer

Global quest

Was wondering if the global needed a small tweak

First off it seems to me that the 1200 amber mark is too much.

Also the global advantages are :

Wait less to do daily quests. Daily Quests reduced from 4 in-game days (24 hours) to 3 in-game days (18 hours).

Fewer harvesting mini events.

Consume less food when we make items

More special days, and less bad days

I am not sure about the others so that is the reason I post here, but it seems that the last reward isn't very efficient nor very attractive compared to the other 3.

I was wondering if it was not better to get rid of that one.

Tell me your thoughts about it

Edited by dragon_killer

I agree with you on some of the requirements for the global. When it was started it was geared toward a 200+ player base. ATM there are <150 players on and at least 1/3 of those are alts. That is why it takes so much longer to get the global finished.

Second, More special days has never really worked. Losing that would not be a bad thing. There has been other suggestions for replacements.

Finally, the biggest hold up lately has not been lack of suggestions, it's the programming aspect of it. Something no one else is allowed to do. I honestly don't know if we will get anymore updates.

I think making it like GIWS would help a lot.

We should be able to build a fund up on the NPC. I have sometimes been there to donate amber ( I use to donate what my alts harv) but only needed were gypsum. It would be nice he coult take it to next quest.

A message when something is donated  like - 34 amber were donated - 197 amber and 300 gypsum still needed.

It would make people like me remember that my alt has full AP.

And if 1 donate to GIWS are other often donating too. Maybe the same here.

Yeah I agree riptide many players are afking so it's not as easily to gather as before, that GIWS idea sounds good or it could be another bot, and if some player don't like it they can always add the bot on ignore.

One other thing is, in my case for example, i do not see the big benefit in any of those globals.

Fewer harvesting mini events.  ->when i harvest and thats something i do less and less, i mostly use harvester medallion. so mini events to not bother me as much (just the harvester break events)

Consume less food when we make items -> Its nice but on mass mixing i do not really realize that i use less, i eat over hotkey and so waste some toads now and then anyway.

More special days, and less bad days -> Does not really seam to work, its just a feeling, as with the day stone useage and so on its hard to tell whats game mechanics and what not.

Wait less to do daily quests. Its nice to now and then reset my daily to an earlier time periode without leaving out a day, but a cooldown token does the same and get dropped often enough in invasions.

Action Points i use to make big books and sell them (i use lots of action point potions for that and thanks to the price raises i will soon have to put my big books to npc prices because of that) so i am not using those for amber.

Gypsum is a horror to mule back to storage so i rather bag mix stuff that needs gypsum at place.

So really i am not motivated in taking part in the global quests.

If the global quest would be something more rewarding, or the mixtures something more easy to be optained (instead taking hours and hours of running from one spot to the other) i might reconsider it.

All of the suggestions I am going to mention will require server update, so I'm going to suggest as a hobby. :P

I think, the biggest real problem with the global is; you get the benefit either you help it or not. This is meaningful since the name of the benefit is GLOBAL, yeah. BUT, I think there should be some kind of extra reward for the donators. Because most of people (including me) do not believe or think that global is worth doing or they think "someone will do it anyways" and those someone is usually the same people. Like Angler, Jofu, etc.

So I think a temporary perk could be introduced to the game, named Patriot, or Global Hero etc. This perk could be given to those who have helped the global %5 (or TBD) or more of total ingredients needed. So with this percantage, only max 20 people would be able to get perk which would maybe MAYBE encourage people to contribute as soon as they can.

What could these perks be? These perks should be binded with the type of global.

GLOBAL: Less food global - PERK: %5 more exp in mixing skills OR %25 decreased food consumption

GLOBAL: Less mini events - PERK: No harvester med breaks OR more chance to find stones (I don't believe in chances in EL so no mini events or no harv med breaks would be much better :p)

GLOBAL: Less time for dailies - PERK: %10 more exp from dailies OR give NMT perk

These are just quick thoughts of ideas, I think the main idea is clear.

- Kaddy

I feel those perks are rather overpowered for what you have to do to get them, esp. the "no harv med breaks" and extra exp/NMT.

Also, how do you determine x% of effort? purely on the number of items? cost? effort required (and how do you measure that ?

Note that a lot of items transit through the bot, and are then hauled by a few to the NPC. Should they get the perks, or the ones that

filled up the bot?

If you really want such a perk system, the bot must disappear, IMO, if only to avoid giving an advantage to the bot managers.

On a more basic note: why insist the daily gets done: if you can't get enough players interested, let it linger. Better than the moaning

when we get a reward that interests no one...

(and "no" to NMT as a perk for the daily: it is only useful for fighters, and that's only one of the dailies: NMT is not relevant for Daritha)

I guess kaddy's idea was to reward accordingly players that put more effort in finishing the global quest, the rewards can then be discussed. I am sure people will find great ideas to post here. You have a point though revi about that global bot.

Here is how I thought it would be :

GLOBAL: Less food global - PERK: Allows you to mix items that require 5 food or less for twice the ings, food and product, can toggle on/off with #mix (basically can mix twice the amount)

GLOBAL: Less time for dailies - PERK: no more mini events (only the char that donates more, that means alts can't benefit that)

GLOBAL: Less time for dailies - PERK: more chance of better daily, when it comes to maia/daritha/haidir

On 7/24/2019 at 10:29 AM, Kaddy said:

All of the suggestions I am going to mention will require server update, so I'm going to suggest as a hobby. :P

I think, the biggest real problem with the global is; you get the benefit either you help it or not. This is meaningful since the name of the benefit is GLOBAL, yeah. BUT, I think there should be some kind of extra reward for the donators. Because most of people (including me) do not believe or think that global is worth doing or they think "someone will do it anyways" and those someone is usually the same people. Like Angler, Jofu, etc.

So I think a temporary perk could be introduced to the game, named Patriot, or Global Hero etc. This perk could be given to those who have helped the global %5 (or TBD) or more of total ingredients needed. So with this percantage, only max 20 people would be able to get perk which would maybe MAYBE encourage people to contribute as soon as they can.

What could these perks be? These perks should be binded with the type of global.

GLOBAL: Less food global - PERK: %5 more exp in mixing skills OR %25 decreased food consumption

GLOBAL: Less mini events - PERK: No harvester med breaks OR more chance to find stones (I don't believe in chances in EL so no mini events or no harv med breaks would be much better :p)

GLOBAL: Less time for dailies - PERK: %10 more exp from dailies OR give NMT perk

These are just quick thoughts of ideas, I think the main idea is clear.

- Kaddy

For the heavy stuff this would mean the people who do hauling would get bonuses and players may not want their contributions going to others' rewards. 

Agree completely about chances in EL. I have measured occasionally and sometimes it seems backwards.   I'd like to see a reward of no tool break so players could use vial molds, make mercury, etc. without risking tools which now cost a fortune.