Eternal Lands Official Forums

Hello everyone,

me and my friends came up with this idea to cap Kilaran Field to 130 a/d and attributes to 40.

Because PK could be unfair sometimes. Say 150's person wants to PK but he basically can't. Some 178 guy with capped attributes shows up and fight is over within 10 seconds.
This idea would mainly help balance PK in at least one map, and therefore almost everyone would be able to participate in fights.
I think more and more people would start pking again, which would be a nice thing to see again.

Why 130 and 40 for attributes? So everyone would be equally strong.

Well, at range of 130 most people should, by now, be at least a little bit skilled as far as PK goes. Also, 130 a/d is good enough for fighting. And 130's person should already be 40 cap, at least few attributes as well as they can use potions to boost them up. And when both fighters are 130 a/d, they can hit a lot and can dodge a lot. Also most of the fighters, I'd say 97.5% ( :D ), are already above 130 a/d and have certain skillset in PK.
And 130 a/d isn't that difficult to reach anyways.

Why KF though?

Well, these are the main reasons and I hope you'll agree with me.

1. KF is no drop! People don't really want to lose their expensive armors or weapons. So KF is, in my opinion, the best option.
2. "Well, there's DP arena or other arenas to fight at that are no drop". ... Sure, but which of them are multi? And also which of them are big enough for more people to fight in at the same time? None.
3. KF is very well known location for majority of EL community. At c1, which is way better than c2. And those 2 fights that happen every 4 months are in KF :D
4. KF is directly connected to VOTD, which I think, is the most used/populated/known map on entire c1. Moreover, there's a storage in VOTD,  few steps away from KF. Which is a must for PK. Quick refill of inventory and such.
5. What do we have to lose at this point, right?

Anyways guys, that's basically the idea. I hope you'll like it and please, leave your thoughts in comments below, would much appreciate it :)

EDIT: Or also, what is a good idea- Wakko pointed out, that KF could have diff caps. For example: Main map 130cap. One of the forts uncap, second one 150 cap and the little forty fort 100 cap :D

Thanks!

-STX-StouXy-

Edited by StouXy

yes this is a good idea , will bring some pk life back into the game , lots do not visit kf because of those mean 170's players :P could even add a quest for daritha saying you need to TEST this weapon for me in kf .... or add some Haidir quests for mobs in kf :P plus i like watching teh noobs fight. make it happen Radu :D:D

Or make KF/VoTD Side capped and DP Side uncapped? Or uncapped in the main map but have the forts have caps. I like this idea. 

I like point #5.

Wouldn't having only the forts capped remove the reason to cap KF in the first place?
Fighters would then have to cross an uncapped zone, so can be attacked by the 170+ maxed characters

You can switch the portal in spot to a fort (its a few steps next to one rn), also keep in mind its still supposed to be PK and deadly. Tele to range, speed hax, invis, etc would have more value and strategy and without drops there isn't much punishment anyway.

I think the uncapped place should be one of the forts. As we want to make PK alive, meaning- lower lvl player to make them pk.

So I think one fort uncapped would be perfect solution.

While i’ve personally got no time/interest/resources for pk, the idea sounds possibly helpful. One of the grievances i most remember hearing from lower lvl chars is when (near)maxed chars walk in and end their fun. With the capped areas thoughtfully placed it might help lessen that issue.

I can’t speak to how much is involved on server side to make the change but if it is relatively simple, i don’t see why not try it for a few updates. If it fails miserably reverse the change. What’s wrong with a bit of experimentation if it doesn’t create lasting irreversible problems?

(Now waiting for someone to point out why it would cause lasting devastation to even briefly try it out.)

Thrown in one of those forts for a strictly 1v1 NPC Controlled Arena.

Talk to the NPC and put items/GC at stake winner take all. 

With current damage output of swords against high level armors and people having +300 mana (52 cappers will have 500+ mana) with beaver tokens in-game, I don’t find it fun, fights will take ages. And it will be only waste of time/resources + barely any active PKers online anyways. 

Try it for the sake of revival tbh lol. 

But I like the #5 point. 

I don't imagine the coding was designed to handle situations where one player is standing on uncapped and the other capped (entrances to the forts).

Design-wise the forts weren't made for separate markup like that. The  markup is for square areas. While multiple squares can be used, there's still issues such as the fort south of the VotD exit doesn't have a very well-defined fence showing exactly where the "change" is made.

Basically put, it would need map redesigning to have the forts differently setup this way. Which means a year or so down the road since maps and code are now frozen for 1.9.5.

(There will be new 120 and 140 a/d limit arenas on C2 coming, but not no-drop. 120 in Zirakgunda, 140 is that arena in the north part of the Thelinor inside the walls that is currently not set up for pk.)

10 hours ago, Kaddy said:

With current damage output of swords against high level armors and people having +300 mana (52 cappers will have 500+ mana) with beaver tokens in-game, I don’t find it fun, fights will take ages. And it will be only waste of time/resources + barely any active PKers online anyways. 

Try it for the sake of revival tbh lol. 

But I like the #5 point. 

Bronze + tit shield is all you need. And armors are just armors, everyone can afford at least bronze, which is completely cool for PK.
Yeah, beaver tokens are stupidly OP...
But, isn't going from 178 a/d to 130 already a disadvantage for us? I mean, you can;t please everyone, and we, few capped a/d attrib people are demanding this, for sake of lower lvl people to be able to stand a chance against us. So I guess, you can NEVER make something 100% fair, never was able, never will be. But imo, this is already a huge downgrade for us to face lower lvl players. And the mana issue- summon bears and mana drain them for example :P

6 hours ago, Burn said:

I don't imagine the coding was designed to handle situations where one player is standing on uncapped and the other capped (entrances to the forts).

Design-wise the forts weren't made for separate markup like that. The  markup is for square areas. While multiple squares can be used, there's still issues such as the fort south of the VotD exit doesn't have a very well-defined fence showing exactly where the "change" is made.

Basically put, it would need map redesigning to have the forts differently setup this way. Which means a year or so down the road since maps and code are now frozen for 1.9.5.

(There will be new 120 and 140 a/d limit arenas on C2 coming, but not no-drop. 120 in Zirakgunda, 140 is that arena in the north part of the Thelinor inside the walls that is currently not set up for pk.)

Ah damn, so I guess then only one cap on entire map is possible :/

Also, noone will go to those PK arenas I can tell you right now, if only change is the cap and new arena. People only use dpa, as it's no drop and on c1. The main problem is c2. Noone knows about it, it's large, "hard" to get there etc etc...

Imo, c1 and very largly populated map is the key.

my 2 cents

12 hours ago, Burn said:

Set that area up for non PK or just make the tile unwalkable around it. I dont know why we make huge deals about client updates. I really wish EL didnt stack 3 years of client update material/ideas before moving forward. I feel like a LOT of ideas get shut down because we don't update the client very often. Last update according to forums was May 8th 2015. =/

Well if you stand in zirak outside capped arena and have a casty inside it and you fight, you do not loose your attributes and the casty has the reduced rate same with the gigants, which makes it a nice way to kill them.  So the server can handle a capped creature and a non capped on to fight.

At this time with the current pk situation i feel there is nothing to lose by giving this a try.   Unless I have figured wrong.   Capping attributes at 40 would balance this quite a bit   There are many rangers, summoners that could take part as this would put them more on even playing grounds.  With KF being multi it is a great place for pk events and with it capped we could make more balanced teams. 

If attributes are capped at 40 for example isnt there a way to make it so that all attributes count when you enter the map so for example I would go from a base mana of 416 to 320 just like everyone else who has 40 attribs?   

I would also like to add I believe we are open to suggestions on this subject.   Would love to see some pk back and I think anything is worth a try.

Unless Radu has changed how the caps work, players who's stats have been lowered by the caps will still have higher MP & EP then others, giving them an advantage still, but not as great as if they hadn't been capped.

2 hours ago, Learner said:

Unless Radu has changed how the caps work, players who's stats have been lowered by the caps will still have higher MP & EP then others, giving them an advantage still, but not as great as if they hadn't been capped.

I am sure it hasn't been changed, collect me if I'm wrong tho radu.
Well, 30HP and ~100Mana isn't that much of a difference. Just a slight difference. Also, we'd be going from 170 a/d to 130, so a bit of a downgrade you know.