Eternal Lands Official Forums
ZootNerper

EL Time Applet

Hi,

I'm a great fan of this little applet, but it doesn't work with Ubuntu 17.10 running Gnome. It's about time for Ubuntu 18.04 to come out ( I will do a fresh install) and I was wondering which variant(s) of Ubuntu I could install where this applet works. Does anyone have any ideas?

-- Zoot

PS: A variant that also displays the Dropbox top panel indicator correctly too would be nice

Edited by ZootNerper

Hi, I didn't know anyone was still using this other than me.  I used it on Ubuntu 17.10 and now on 18.04.  It runs OK but the time information from TrinityBot is mostly unavailable.  I have a version working with holy's time source which I need to finish and then update the packages.  I use the Ubuntu appindicators gnome extension to place the icon on the top bar.  I don't use Dropbox so can't really help with that.

OK. I think the reason the EL Time Applet wouldn't work with Gnome before was that I had not got Gnome extensions set up as I did not know about them. I only found out about them a couple of months ago by which time I had given up on the EL Timer. I installed Ubu 18.04 and set up the Gnome extensions. I now have both the EL Time and Dropbox indicators working.

Looking forward to the new EL Time applet telling me the correct time. No rush   :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.