Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

All hydro route to be PK?

How do you feel about making the entire hydro route PK? That would make it harder for 'people' to have spying alts there, and it will be more challenging also.

Im in favor. Think it's an excellent idea. He will still be able to spy on alts risking nothing if he wanted, though anyone can kill them and bringing them back from underworld is time conusming. As long as the last cave where you harvest hydro is still safe, think it will bring in more action & rostos into the game.This whole talk doesn't even matter though, if nothing will be done.

Just to make it clear for others. The option is make the whole route pkable (other than final cave where you harvest hydro) or leave it how it is. Nowhere does it say make it all safe.

Edited by Alphabet

and remove the non pk platform that uzb sits with his mines. Cave exits should have a random spot to exit from. then you cannot place 1 mine to kill someone.

Edited by RipTide

let pk be pk, as it is now, just remove the opportunity to bomb ppl, i mean just all weapons mixed by engineers should be useless in pk on hydro route. I am not a fighter for sure, but would give it a try to show some guys the force of a fist.

Edited by vinolus

I like the idea.

Making it all pk with no safe spots (except the harvesting cave ofc...) would even the field & I also believe it would promote more teamwork which I am always in favour of.

This wouldn't change the fact that there are also the (admittedly, very rare) hydro rings as well as the snake token/Redeemer options available too.

Maybe it would also put an end to one on the most irritatingly-recurring topics of moaning on channel too.

Maybe...

Don't worry though, I'm sure we'll find something else we can continually moan about later if needs be :hehe:

So yes - it's a yes please from me :D

:medieval:

Ok with that, EXCEPT maybe remove the harvest requirement and orc from quests for newbies?

PKing at hydro route killed Hydro market. Making all hydro route PKable will not kill something that is already dead. I agree with lyndy - orc should be removed from Novac quest and - since there is no way to get hydro ore - hydro bar from alchemy school. I have not been there for years and making all area PKable will not make me to back there.

Radu

You are avoiding the topic at hand. The topic is not about making hydro route easier, or harder, or adding some flowers to the caves.... It is not about pk, and it is not about map changes. It is not about bombs, or phoenix leveling,

The topic is about using alts to camp 24/7 that are not actively played to benefit a main character.

The topic should read "Should alts that are not actively played in game be allowed for camping purposes".

I fail to see how using alts to safely spy on hydro route is any different then to use alts to safely camp Ivan spawns, Joker spawns, or used to pin mobs in a multi combat map for defense trainers. One is legal, the others are not. The underlying principles for each case are the same.

Wiz

Ok with that, EXCEPT maybe remove the harvest requirement and orc from quests for newbies?

PKing at hydro route killed Hydro market. Making all hydro route PKable will not kill something that is already dead. I agree with lyndy - orc should be removed from Novac quest and - since there is no way to get hydro ore - hydro bar from alchemy school. I have not been there for years and making all area PKable will not make me to back there.

The hydro ore can be mined by the use of snake tokens. Yes it's a pain, but it isn't undo-able and if you are up to mining hydro, you should be able to take the time for snake tokens. The armed orc should be changed to another map. I have seen one instance already where Stivy refused to let someone kill the novac orc. I am sure there is more, but only the one I am aware of.

and +1 Wizzy!

Edited by RipTide
add stoofs

Radu

You are avoiding the topic at hand. The topic is not about making hydro route easier, or harder, or adding some flowers to the caves.... It is not about pk, and it is not about map changes. It is not about bombs, or phoenix leveling,

The topic is about using alts to camp 24/7 that are not actively played to benefit a main character.

The topic should read "Should alts that are not actively played in game be allowed for camping purposes".

I fail to see how using alts to safely spy on hydro route is any different then to use alts to safely camp Ivan spawns, Joker spawns, or used to pin mobs in a multi combat map for defense trainers. One is legal, the others are not. The underlying principles for each case are the same.

Wiz

Couldn't say it better myself

Radu

Wiz

i totally agree with that.

Radu

Wiz

I also agree with this, I Wizzy said it like it is

Lots of good comments here...I also really like the idea of removing the armed orc in cave from Novac.

Edited by Nazeer

Radu

Wiz

+1. I agree with Wizzy :)

quote(wizzy,#15) (takes too much space.. :P)

lol any alt(s) used to benefit a main character in first place..

or having harv'ing alt in hydro cave, that logs out there.. i'm pretty sure
they moved/played alot :P
or using alts to enter instances (i doubts many of 'em uses any items to reduce
time, just given free time for nothing :P)

so lets make full route pk, also remove hydro bars from npc, from acws too..
i'm pretty sure alot ppl would camp there, maybe not 24/7 but still good :P
also for better team work let's make hydro cave itself pk too.. what are guilds
stands for, just chat place and cool tag over head? :> (i'm pretty sure
fairytail which is in favour of teamwork would like it :D)

p.s.:
even with full route pk still can just sit in igloos (and some other safe
places) -_-'

awhile back, i even suggested radu to make hydro route fully non-pk, but
require some items/keys consumed to passage (ra:tax)

some offtopic:

when you start just play the game as is and not try to adopt it for your needs?
why some like cats other dogs? :>
you also blame rich learner, who doesn't really play at all, for taking your
gold in lottery.. ^_^ lol just take your risk

+1 for flowers on route but flower shops too pl0x

pic2003559_md.jpg

quote(wizzy,#15) (takes too much space.. :P)

lol any alt(s) used to benefit a main character in first place..

or having harv'ing alt in hydro cave, that logs out there.. i'm pretty sure

they moved/played alot :P

or using alts to enter instances (i doubts many of 'em uses any items to reduce

time, just given free time for nothing :P)

so lets make full route pk, also remove hydro bars from npc, from acws too..

i'm pretty sure alot ppl would camp there, maybe not 24/7 but still good :P

also for better team work let's make hydro cave itself pk too.. what are guilds

stands for, just chat place and cool tag over head? :> (i'm pretty sure

fairytail which is in favour of teamwork would like it :D)

p.s.:

even with full route pk still can just sit in igloos (and some other safe

places) -_-'

awhile back, i even suggested radu to make hydro route fully non-pk, but

require some items/keys consumed to passage (ra:tax)

some offtopic:

when you start just play the game as is and not try to adopt it for your needs?

why some like cats other dogs? :>

you also blame rich learner, who doesn't really play at all, for taking your

gold in lottery.. ^_^ lol just take your risk

+1 for flowers on route but flower shops too pl0x

pic2003559_md.jpg

I have been a moderator for over 10 years in this game. In all that time, I have tried to be fair, impartial, reasonable in every way dealing with the rules as they have been defined, and players, some of which make it very very difficult to be impartial. Let me make one thing perfectly clear. This is not about me. In fact, it is not about you either. This in fact, doesn't belong on a public forum. and should imho be a topic for game moderators, before being dragged into the communal channels. When rule 5 was abruptly removed, there were a lot of consequences that were not considered, Some of which you highlight above. However, there is a precedent set by Radu for alts to be "actively played". As I see it, and others, the use of alts to camp hydro route, or other maps do not fit the definition as "actively played"

This has gone on for some time, and I am willing to bring reasonable arguments, and take reasonable measures to rectify what is believed by many, a serious flaw in game play that stems from the removal of rule #5. I am pressing the issue, because it has been ignored for far too long.

I have thrown a lot of hours in the past 10 years as a patient moderator, a newbie helper, a rule enforce, an event planer, a contest maker, and invasion host, for the entertainment of all in game. Do you really think I don't care about Eternal Lands as a whole, and only care if I can get easy hydro?

This is not about me.

This is not about you.

This is a topic of game rules and moderation of those rules.

Making the route pk or not would not fix the issue at all.

Without making it impossible to have any 'safe' place on the route - including the places where you harvest or enter the maps would make no difference. You could have a naked alt afk on pk area on route - When you see someone harvest / enter / en route - send in your main.

Hydro harvesting - like large parts of this game are now unused - and it is a great tragedy!

So fix the issue with alts - and have done with it......

This may be abit of topic but...

If afk spying is ok then afk farming is ok too technically you are not afk just behind the screen doing other things like stivy and his alts. Again not against you personally. But the rules should apply to all the same. If a mod takes there time to invade where the AFK farmers are to get rid of them then I think the same can be done with the spying alts or even just zap them to IP