Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

El and Android poll

Android and EL  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to play EL on Android?

• Yes, and I am already playing with the test client
    • I plan to, once the client is done
    • Maybe a little, but not much
    • I don't plan to play it on my phone/tablet
  2. 2. Do you have an Android device?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but I am planning to buy one

I "play" on android since 2d client was out, I like the chance to "harv/mix" on phone and "fight" on pc, I hope android client would be enough to harv/mix (like you can equip/change armor/tools) and that will be great for me thank you for the effort

Edited by polygonalhead

Umm, why don't you try the client and see if it is enough for your needs?

I tried it, but I didnt find a way to equip/swap armor/tools, (if I click on items they moved between storage/inventory, and drag and drop didnt seem to work for me) in 2d client it shows you when you are harvesting so it is easier to keep harvesting, (if you dont see the "mark/icon" you simply click again)

another suggestion is to be able to move the "blue bars" to the bottom right corner, for some reason every time I try to move camera y try to do it with my right hand's thumb, but blue bars are at the left bottom corner, if there be the chance to have them on right bottom corner perhaps would be easier (need to test it)

I usually disable health bars and enable health numbers (no idea how to do that on android) if it is possible, please let me know

anyways thank you for your effort I hope game goes in the way you want to take it and it be good for you and for all EL community

Edited by polygonalhead

I prefer to play on a desktop PC rather than a tablet. Typing is still easier on a real keyboard than on a tablet.

But sometimes i might use the Android client, like i used the old Android client for smartphones, when i don't have a desktop PC with me or can't use it for playing.

Piper

I would agree that playing on a computer with a real keyboard and mouse is easier. But like Piper says, the Android client provides a smaller and more portable option for times when a computer isn't available (like traveling). I won't switch to the android client, but it's a nice option to have available.

I have been harvesting/mixing/reading/chatting on the old 2-d client. This one is much improved and has surprisingly good graphics. There are still some things not working, as can be expected with a work in progress, but so far I like it. I use it to do dailies (rats was a tad tricky, they run too fast) and do some harvesting etc while cooking or some other moments when dragging a laptop with me is inconvenient ;)

Just a side note. I do like the 3D aspect of the new client but you might consider linking the 2D client in there as well and allow users to select the mode. While i love the 3D one there were several times i was able to play for several hours on the 2D client because it just sips the battery life on a phone. I have a feeling that as with any 3D program EL will drain the heck out of battery life if played for long periods.

Do you plan to play EL on Android?

I don't have an android device, so me voting that I don't plan on playing on phone/tablet is a bit deceiving.

If I had a droid device (don't really plan on buying one, but who knows what will happen) I'd check the client out at least.