Sign in to follow this  
Coban

Crafting update?

Rings Update  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How to improve rings making ?

• Reduce the ingredients's cost
    • Rising NPCs's prices up
    • Change the Golden/silver ring reciepe (same receipe gives more rings)
    • Get chances to create a Hydro ring
    • Choices1,3,4 and reduce NPCs prices

+1 to change gold/silver ring recipe for more than 1 ring

+1 for chance of hydro ring

Never seen a hydro ring for sale. Bots are now paying over 20k gc for a ring, and I believe some friends and I calc'd break even point around 15k gc for a ring and trying to mix a bunch of swords on site. With a chance of mixing them then the price may come down, or at least could be more available.

Another example of this kind of rare mix would be LDB summon stones. They are a rare mix when making any summoning stone, and prices for them are still around 22k gc each. So no guarantee that prices would drop, just that they would become more available, and would make ring mixing more worth while.

- Jeff

Firstly, I don't craft, and I rarely use rings. My opinions on what to do are mostly from talking with players who do craft rings, and also analysis on the viability of hydro rings if available on a slightly less limited scope.

TL:DR First:

I'd like to see hydro rings added as rare mix when making a usable ring (teleport, dis, rop, etc. NOT gold/silver base ring).

I think adding such a thing would do one of two things:

Decrease ring prices to the point that the only useful profit made from rings is from sale of hydro rings. This is more likely.

Ring prices largely stay the same AND crafters get benefit of a rare mix. This is probably less likely, but as others have said, ring prices have largely stayed the same even with some drastic changes to the game in the past few years (rule 5).

Adding hydro rings as a less 'novelty' item (if it's a rare mix, it will get mixed and will be available) would to some extent bring back the hydro economy. According to some calculations I've done, with the new attribute caps, 77 (+/- 2 or so) hydro ore can be harvested on one trip, if using a hydro ring (and all goes well). Prices did vary a bit in the old hydro economy, and prices would need some time to stabilize in a 'new' hydro economy, but, given 77 hydro ore/trip (at NPC price 1500 gc each) and a bunch of other assumptions (perks, stats, inventory use, ingredient prices, etc.), a cap value (based on CURRENT ingredient prices) of the hydro ring would be right at 30kgc. A more realistic cap (slightly increased s2e value due to increased demand/use) would be around 20kgc.

That's not to say the ring should be 20kgc (or 30kgc) market value, it's saying that this is the likely the max long term value of the hydro ring if it's added as a special mix.

If adding the hydro ring as a special mix results in sales of the current rings becoming not worthwhile (market flood), this 20kgc is max compensation crafters will recieve for their craft. The comparison to summoning stones is a decent one, in this regard (most summoning stones themselves are mostly worthless, the selling the rare-mix LDB stone is the only way to profit from the endeavour).

Is crafting turning into such a thing good or bad for the game? Speculation only goes so far, to find out, it'd just have to be added.

(do it!)

Edited by Diealot

I think adding such a thing would do one of two things:

Decrease ring prices to the point that the only useful profit made from rings is from sale of hydro rings.

Diealot makes a good point, will a sudden flood of rings caused by everyone trying to get hydro rings cause the market price to fall?

Okay, sorry again for my very bad english, my brother isn't here anymore to help me.

To be honest i don't like how this is going, i will probaly change the poll. I want a change on rings ingredients to make them more affordable for everyone in game.

Rings hydro in my mind could be a nice idea to make ring more attractive but its still not my point i want to make the currents teleport rings profitable. And Revi if you see people selling ring under NPC price its to cover a little there lost. Better making few gc than nothing at all... And why no change option in the poll because i started it to see and discuss about what kind of change could be possible. Radu is open for a change so yes if we can work with him and see how to improve the game and making it more enjoyable why not :)

And to me the best way to make ring more attrative and easyer to sell them and easyer to buy them its to reduce ingre cost, increase the amount the silver/gold ring recipe give, reduce npc price, reduce npc price of Gem Sanding Paper. Rings should be really easy to get and use them more often than only buying tp essences.

I know there is other skill that need a check. but we can't change everything now we can do 1 at time. I did actually calculed all the ingre cost for most of the skill i am almost done and i will post soon my result.

Ungoliant

Ring of Anitora: 430gc if you harvest all ingre & mix them yourself (Price based on primary ingredients (Coal/flower/iron/etc...)

Shouldn't that be:

Ring of Anitora: 20+gc if you harvest all the FREE ingre & mix them yourself (Price based on the cost of the gem sanders, plus some delta for broken picks and ring molds).

Ring of Anitora: 430gc if you harvest all ingre & mix them yourself (Price based on primary ingredients (Coal/flower/iron/etc...)

Shouldn't that be:

Ring of Anitora: 20+gc if you harvest all the FREE ingre & mix them yourself (Price based on the cost of the gem sanders, plus some delta for broken picks and ring molds).

Ingredients are not free if you want to sell the rings after.

Taking a step away from my previous post, which was more on a player's perspective...

Perhaps a better question to ask is:

Will changing ring recipes alter the crafting skill's role in the real world finances of the game (bricks)?

Answers to the above question:

• Reduce ingredient cost - no.
  • Changing base ring recipe - no.
  • Raising NPC ring prices - extremely little (more gc being 'destroyed' in NPC gold sink, leading to more sold).
  • Adding hydro ring as a rare mix - yes (more people doing a dangerous activity, hydro mining, presumably with bricks in tow).

An additional question to ask from a more developmental perspective might be:

Will changing ring recipes de-stagnate a skill?

• Reducing ingredient cost - maybe (more people mix, but more supply in market, less gc overall for mixers, but you're still doing the same things)
  • Changing base ring recipe - no (you still have to do the same things).
  • Raising NPC prices - no (same things are done, perhaps just by more people)
  • Adding hydro ring as a rare mix - yes (new mixers, new goal for mixing, new goal for other activites)

In my opinion, if you're going to do something, do it substantially.

Add hydro ring as a rare mix!

The only thing they "cost" is time. And if time had value we wouldn't be spending hundreds of hours of it playing a game... :whistle:

But I DO get your point, and an approximate value can be calculated based on the cost of the harvested items (as if you had purchased them on the market). But that is an artificial value as the harvested ingredients did not cost any real GC to get (other than perhaps broken tools).

There is the argument that spending time harvesting is "lost opportunity" to be doing other things which has a value. But some people harvests because they are busy in RL and can't do anything more interactive. In that case, it's harvest or do nothing, so no lost opportunity.

But this is all a bunny-trail from the actual point of this thread, so it's perhaps best dropped. Carry on.

The only thing they "cost" is time. And if time had value we wouldn't be spending hundreds of hours of it playing a game... :whistle:

There is cost of tools and gem sanding paper; and making the gem sanding paper less expensive would make more likely that some will spend hours of it playing a game if they like mixing not being a fighter who harvests/does alchemy to make money. Crafting, potioning and manufacturing have significant costs relative to amount you can get in return unlike alchemy (i.e. magic esses ingredients cost around 5 and most sell for 8+) and fighting. And supposedly this game USED TO BE just about combat but lately it is just about combat if you wish to make money or are very, very lucky with a rare and getting much rarer stone.

Maybe the way to stop the market being flooded,, would be to make the hydro ring as a special when mixing with an artificer cape!! Cape becomes popular again, the crafter has paid in pp to human 10, and from lev ?? to stop tons of low lev alts creating them. Just a thought

Edited by Darkdrizzt

Another way to up use of rings would be a 'Day of No Magic' which was neutral and would spur use of rings and potions. It would also result in no instances/invances that day but other such days exist and it is natural opposite to 'Day of Magic' which already exists.

With respect to the low level alts, it is a LOT easier for a low level single purpose alt to take 10 human than my main, would turn me off from crafting completely :(

A non-removable day of no-magic is just a day that people log off, bad idea i.m.o.

I think i should remake a poll and just ask one question and two answer.

Do you think rings ingredients or to costy?

- Yes

- No

- - - - - -

Because i think rings are to expensive and should cost less.

make them more usable and dont make people cry or even think about using one.

C1 rings could worth ~50-100 gc & C2 rings could worth ~100-200gc

Reducing ingredients cost and and NPC price. And see how we could work to make them more attractive and also be able to sell them and so people would maybe think to buy them too if they are cheaper than now.

I wonder howmany people use ring to move instead of just using mm rings when you go in invance?

Ungoliant

agreed Maxine, but I did also put from lev ??, by time they had got an alt there(and ive no idea of how long to get to level say 60) u would of hopefully made some: )

Edited by Darkdrizzt

Two silver or gold bars to make a poxy ring don't make no sense to me.

I'd like to level crafting a bit but rarely get round to it. Getting a special while mixing would be nice. Hydro ring sounds good.

I have to envision someone with a neurological disorder trying to pour the melted silver or gold into the ring-mold and spilling 99% of it on the floor trying to make that one little ring. There must also be a drain on the floor it runs down so they need another two whole bars for the next ring.

I have to envision someone with a neurological disorder trying to pour the melted silver or gold into the ring-mold and spilling 99% of it on the floor trying to make that one little ring. There must also be a drain on the floor it runs down so they need another two whole bars for the next ring.

Being that I make my living as a jeweler, I find this very funny. Yea, the recipes are a bit... interesting, but this is a game and not to match real life. one way you can explain it is to look at the size of the rings in the crafting schools. they are huge! More like bracelet size, not finger size. Image a large bracelet size ring that you use in some way to teleport you to a far away land. :)

Just because you are done with the game topic should not be. you raised a valid question and people took part in a poll, to bad it did not go directly in your direction.

I agree the ing formula is off on many items. but the remidy here would be to add a ring people want and is made to few.

I still would love to see that rare to be put in ring making