Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RipTide

Solo invasion (instance like) or 2 person

Solo invasion  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a solo - 2 person instance like invasion?

• Yes
    • NO!

Ok, lets cool down a bit. FT we know you love the idea, step back and take a breather. I think the biggest argument about the whole question is how to include non fighting builds. I think the best way is to have a regular one for non fighters and a WTF version for fighting builds. Regular version would have fewer monsters, lower risk, lower drops. A WTF version would have more and harder monsters but higher return in drops due to the higher risk.

Fairytail, most of us have been around far longer than you have, even considering you are a returnee. We don't need lectures from you on what is needed to run a game, how to play it, or anything else, for that matter. Enough. Any more attacks on people trying to discuss what was asked for them to discuss will result in a posting ban.

Why not just allow people to choose an instance of any level to go to for this? i.e. Change the a/d bounds to recommended levels. Lower the number of bosses or boss drops if you are higher a/d than the range you select. If you are lower than the range you select increase the number of bosses or drops. This way people can choose whatever they want to do.

I think there are two issues at play that is upsetting people:

1. No new stuff for non-combat skills

2. No new stuff for "lesser" fighters who still want some of the fighting fun but are completely out-leveled and out-attributed. Yes it was our choice to be all-arounders but that all-aroundedness still includes fighting.

It seems people are not so much upset that the pure high-level, high-attribute, and high-neg perked people are getting something, but that nobody else is as well, as usual. And yes, there have been many suggestions offered for both issues I mentioned.

Issue is as I stated the game changed to favor the pure fighters especially those with bought pick points - those who had been doing multi-class pre change on rule about trading between characters owned by same player are severely hampered and even doing a reset will do no change. You can now get big boosts in A/D experience from Darithia WITHOUT having any nexus or effort in manufacturing but these changes have caused rare items prices to skyrocket so much that majority of items are cheaper bought from NPC (all steel and titanium armor as example) so have not helped manufacturers. There are some players who can do instances solo again with extra alts to bring in supplies and to ensure minimum number of characters are in instance. Now there is suggestion to codify this as a new option rather than as in past caused changes to be made in game to prevent it.

A 1-2 person instance is a fine idea, but if it takes 6 hours, I won't be participating. Two to 3 hours seems more reasonable.

I don't have a fighter build, so I'd rather entry/difficulty include attributes not just straight a/d (my preferred choice). Or as Rabbit suggests. allow one to fight below their a/d.

As for those griping about new content being generated for fighters leaving us all-rounders to keep doing pretty much what we've been doing for years, I am firmly in that camp. I think my non-combat skills are high enough to say that mixing is mixing is mixing; other than the ingredients in the window changing, it's pretty much just mixing. The only real thought that goes into it is where to mix and where/how to collect the ingredients. Once you've figured this out, well, it's just back to grinding again. I need something interesting to do with these skills.

Here's an old idea: http://www.eternal-l...mixer +instance

What drew me to Eternal Lands is that I didn't have to fight to be engaged in the game (and that female characters by default aren't dressed like whores, never thanked you for that, radu, so I'm doing it now :hug: .) Now that fighting is by far the most developed skill with the most new content I hardly play at all.

By all means continue creating new challenges for fighters, but don't forget about us mixers in the process. Voted yes.

Please and Thank you,

EvanMarie

fairytail do u really know this game, from oa 1 you can harvest, so chance of getting a nexus removal same as highest level harvester as its luck!!! |The cost to fight!!! well if u cant make money in this game lol, as for salt salt salty ive no idea what you are going on about, is it what u get every day!!!

Voted NO, because i feel instances are teamwork, and never had problems with big teams (usually dont want even join small teams) But that is less important, main reason to vote NO was the fact that i dont want to be tied to 6 hours fight. But if they were tuned much smaller, who knows. Anyway i would rather see current instances with more diversity, for example random maps/random mobs on same level, and when team enter they would never know where they dropped -or they can chose whick one they want to pick up. But maybe this is another story and could belong to suggestions instead here.

I think on trial run 1 man took 6 hours to complete. But we can go as 2 person team so I am guessing that 2 people could do in approximately 3 hr. This is about how long it takes for all the other instances also. I know nothing about 'coding', but if the PP's used on harv/alch/potioning/etc can be deducted from overall a/d then everyone would get a better balance on ability to participate and have fun. I'm not looking for something to 'solo' but something I can go do with a friend for fun. I think everyone who does regular instances have often spent many hours waiting for enough people within their range to log on so that they can go and then it often doesn't happen.

I have to say this was a test. I really didn't know how long it would take him to clear it and I didn't know how many monsters I could reasonably put on the map. I also added 20 japta, 20 nasps and a bula as the boss. That is 260k hps he had to kill alone, not including the other monsters. If I had it to do over again, fewer high hp monsters and about 200-300 monsters. That would change the amount of time substantially. Multi combat will also help that.

As far as instances being about team work, I agree, but as stated above you can't always find a team when you are able to go. It's not like it was 5 years ago with 300+ people playing every weekend.

I will say less than 140, since idk if he has privacy settings turned on.

Tbh Aquila and some other MOD's are trying very hard to come up with new ideas to keep EL alive and to begin prospering again. I can understand that those with a 'lesser fighter-/mixer build' cannot complete with the 'pure fighter' build. As a 'pure fighter' I only have 7 nexus in human-everything else is invested in perks. Have the NPC check nexus as a qualification on entry- for example 24 nexus required to enter-drop the invasion mobs down to a level they can handle. I realize that this would eliminate me and others with a 'pure fighter' build from participating but I would gladly but sadly give up my opportunity to participate if it helps EL to prosper.

The other option would be to set up both separately.

All Aquila needs is a couple volunteers with the required nexus-your choice [24-28-32 nexus] whatever you decide on, so that he can run another test to decide which mobs you can handle.

Instead of fighting and complaining we should be offering suggestions and help to Aquila and the other mod's who are trying to make EL better.

And a special 'thank you' to Aquila and the other mods who are trying to make EL a better place.

ty Brutus for an interesting suggestion.

I think compensating for nexus in some way, for instance by subtracting from a/d, would be helpful in making it a lot more manageable for non-fighter types.

I think perks can also make a lot of difference, as a mixer I took ICD, which made instances/invances so hard I had to remove it. A pure fighter can take HoS, which gives free pickpoints for them.

If this is in principal an individual thing, it can be tailored a lot more to the players level than current team events. If you do it with a friend, it can tailor to the average. All in all this would require

- A new combat level type number that expresses people's ability to fight.

- A much more varied spawning system with fine adjustment to the level of the players.

This way it would be doable for all-rounders and challenging for the maxed out player with loads of bought pickpoints.

Such a system as stated above would of course require a lot of individual testing :D

I have some possible suggestions for the instance difficulty. Instead of being measured by how high a players A/D is, be measured based on a rating of how many times the player(s) have cleared the instance and progressively get harder. For example: Your rating would go up based on completion whether you are solo or with another person. Your rating and your companions rating would be averaged out to give the difficulty of the instance. Your own solo rating and your duo rating wouldn't be affecting each other either. Thoughts?

Well besides the way that the combat needs to be calculated (A/D alone is wrong). If its 1 Man invasion it needs to have a time limit on it. like 1 hour or 2 hours. After witch it stopps and all mosters disappear. You can try to kill as many as

you can in between. A 6 hour invasion i would not do. a 1-2 hour one maybe.

I haven't voted yet and i do not know if i will vote. When i first saw the topic my initial thought was here is more content for fighters making me against the idea. I waited and read different opinions but the negativity by one player really pushed me to vote no but i waited. I like the idea of being able to do this as a two man team since it is difficult to find a full instance team. This is something i think could be fun but something i can never do solo since i am an all-rounder build. I do like the suggestion by Brutus and if that was what was asked then i would have already voted yes but as it stands i am undecided. A/D is not a good measure of fighting ability and to have this based on that will leave a good portion of the EL community out of it. Also the length of this needs to be adjusted, 6 hours is a crazy amount of time. After about two hours i would just beam out leaving all the bosses and high hp mobs untouched making this a loss in gc/resources for me. Fun to me is more important then profit but that many mobs is not fun to me it is just a rosto farm.