Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Susje

Beware of faxie

"You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

I've been telling in @@6 from several months that faxie is using some automated way to change his bots' prices when he's not online. He always said that was not true and even suggested I was using scripts for posting in the public channels (and that is not true):

[11:55:35] [Faxie @ 6]: Hmm I think Susje is scripting advertisements like: If Poster in ("Faxie", "Stouxy") Post my lousy stuff ...
[11:56:21] [susje @ 6]: the script maker thinks everyone does the same as him... :-D
[11:57:07] [JofuranShigokai @ 6]: sounds like an admission of automation
[11:57:10] [Faxie @ 6]: Naah, I just type it out and do ctrl-arrowup when I feel like it ..
[11:57:18] [susje @ 6]: If you can't sell your items don't blame me. Prolly it's your problem not the "scripts"
[11:57:50] [Faxie @ 6]: You have a real problem understanding English. Where did I say I have trouble selling my items?
[11:58:13] [Thingrim @ 3]: Selling Iron plate, Titanium/Steel/Iron axes, Iron helmets, Steel chain mails, Steel shields, Leather boots/pants/helmets/gloves.
[11:58:16] [Faxie @ 6]: I just noticed that right after Stouxy or me advertise, there is you crying desperatly for atention
[11:58:47] [susje @ 6]: I know you have a script to copy my bot prices in your bots. Sometimes I get some fun changing them often for seeing your script working :-)
[11:58:56] iCeVoDkA: oops soz
[11:59:08] [Faxie @ 6]: Don't flatter yourself, I don't copy your prices ..

Well... It seems faxie PMed another player telling him he was using a script for changing prices auto in his bots and that player did a screenshot of that conversation and uploaded it to a webpage:

[14:05:38] [stivy @ 6]: http://i.imgur.com/auUlzCI.png :D
[14:06:27] [Faxie @ 6]: Like I denied it :D
[14:06:41] [stivy @ 6]: susje gonna like: p
[14:06:46] [revi @ 6]: You didn't :P
[14:07:05] [Faxie @ 6]: he knows I am doing it automated...
[14:07:35] [Pintop @ 3]: Fortunately we have #ignore :)
[14:08:57] [susje @ 6]: yes, I know he uses a script for months. A very silly script, by the way. A real person changes prices much better
[14:09:13] [PM from mercator: rosabel is now online]
[14:10:07] [susje @ 6]: Now everyone in EL knows about your script, they can have fun with it like me.
[14:10:10] [maxine @ 6]: a real person ought to have something better to do than watch all the 150 bots in EL full time to see if they are undercutting his prices
[14:10:37] [Faxie @ 6]: You do know tha you are the reason I scripted it Susje?
[14:10:59] [Faxie @ 6]: When you gave me a really hard time when I started with Landerion ...
[14:11:36] [Faxie @ 6]: So I had 2 choices: devote my life to the bots or make it a nice project to see what I could do :D

[14:11:36] [JofuranShigokai @ 6]: lol maxine!
[14:11:50] [Rosabel @ 6]: what's the bickering about? Susje doesn't like that other people sell stuff as well #9000?
[14:11:56] [Faxie @ 6]: I think I did rather well ..
[14:11:56] [susje @ 6]: I'm so much honored.... You made an script for competing with me because doing it yourself you can't :-D
[14:12:04] [maxine @ 6]: and you decided you wanted a life, smart choice
[14:12:06] [Faxie @ 6]: That is exactly the point Rosabel ..
[14:12:21] [serralynn @ 6]: popcorn time
[14:12:23] [Faxie @ 6]: And had fun learning Python Maxine
[14:12:44] [maxine @ 6]: good to know, I have been trying that too!

So he confessed he was using a script made by him for copying and changing prices in his bots 24/7. Then I was telling the truth all these months and he was lying to us.

Now I have some questions:

- How he did it? I'm not a programmer, but such script/program must gather info from all or some bots (inv, buying prices, selling prices) in EL and send info to his bots for changing the prices. Did he use a modified EL client? Is he interfacing directly the EL-services bot server with his script?

- Is that against EL bot rules? The rules say "11. If you wish to add any new features AFTER your bot was an initially approved, those features must be approved by Entropy FIRST.". That script indeed adds some features that as far I know no bot has (changing prices automatically 24/7 without the owner's intervention so the bot is the one buying more expensive and selling the cheapest items)

- Faxie's bots are hosted by EL-services. Do the admin there knows that faxie is interfacing the server for adding extra features to their bots? Where did faxie get all the technical info (protocols, formats, etc...) needed for interfacing the server if he does it?

- Is that ethical? With that script, the rest of bot owners are fighting with bare hands while faxie is fighting with a machinegun. Nobody can undercut faxie's bots because in a few minutes they change their prices thanks to that script. If the rest of bot owners need to sleep, eat, working in real life and can't manage their bots all the time but faxie can do it 24/7 every day in the year with that script, is not that a big advantage over the rest of owners?

Edit: some player told me the imgur link was erased and gave me another link http://i.imgur.com/kBl86oy.png

Edited by Susje

ok an answer to your questions:

1) I would say that you are right, it is programming, if not then I suspect magic fairy dust..... but suggest you ask him

2) No

3) I suggest you ask them.

4) Pot Kettle Black!

4) Pot Kettle Black!

I can say the kettle is black because I never used an automation, script, program or macro for having some advantage in EL.

I don't think being allowed to use scripts is the best idea. I mean sure.. you make profit alot easier yourself, but it gets alot harder for the other 125+ Bots that players own, but i guess who cares right? :D

Anyways, my point is that if people use scripts to sell/buy stuff, that will just encourage them & other players to use scripts to do other stuff.. like fighting & skilling. Yet again.. i guess who cares right? :P

4) Pot Kettle Black!

I can say the kettle is black because I never used an automation, script, program or macro for having some advantage in EL.

Point 4 deals with 'ethical', nothing to do with automation.

4) Pot Kettle Black!

It seems my point 4 was not so clear for everyone can understand it. My fault.

I asked if it's ethical using an automation/script or whatever for getting some advantage over the rest of owners. I think if a player X has some script or automated way to "spy" the prices in another bots and then change the prices in his/her bots according them, the player X has an advantage in EL because his/her bots have always the best prices (and prolly will have more profit buying/selling items) without spending time playing EL or managing the bots (without devoting his life to the bots, like faxie said). In my opinion is not ethical, but I want the opinion of another players.

4) Pot Kettle Black!

It seems my point 4 was not so clear for everyone can understand it. My fault.

I asked if it's ethical using an automation/script or whatever for getting some advantage over the rest of owners. I think if a player X has some script or automated way to "spy" the prices in another bots and then change the prices in his/her bots according them, the player X has an advantage in EL because his/her bots have always the best prices (and prolly will have more profit buying/selling items) without spending time playing EL or managing the bots (without devoting his life to the bots, like faxie said). In my opinion is not ethical, but I want the opinion of another players.

Yep, that's how I understood it the first time. In essence: "I asked if it's ethical using an automation/script or whatever for getting some advantage over the rest of owners."

I agree with Raz' reply: "Pot Kettle Black".

Edited by revi

I see some players are trying to divert the spotlights from faxie telling I'm (and the other bots owners) the same as him. Sorry, but it's a useless effort. Every bot owner can ban players who don't like to him/her and change prices in his/her bot, but as far I know faxie is the ONLY player who created a script for his bots with the intention of having an (big) advantage over the rest of EL bots. He's one of a kind.

- Fact 1: He confessed that created a script for changing the prices in his bots automatically without "devoting his life to the bots"

- Fact 2: Changing his prices with an automation (script, program, modified client... call it as you want) he has always the best prices in the bots so he will sell more items than his competitors. And more items sold means more profit for him and less for the rest of bot owners who don't use external scripts.

Now Radu is collecting the bot fees from some bot owners. Why paying 20$ fee for a bot if faxie pays the same amount and has a big advantage over all the bots? With that script faxie is using, is an unfair competition. It's like boxing with faxie with your hands tied behind your back: he can hit you always without effort and you can't hit him.

Edited by Susje

1 So he confessed he was using a script made by him for copying and changing prices in his bots 24/7. Then I was telling the truth all these months and he was lying to us.

Now I have some questions:

2 How he did it? I'm not a programmer, but such script/program must gather info from all or some bots (inv, buying prices, selling prices) in EL and send info to his bots for changing the prices. Did he use a modified EL client? Is he interfacing directly the EL-services bot server with his script?

3 Is that against EL bot rules? The rules say "11. If you wish to add any new features AFTER your bot was an initially approved, those features must be approved by Entropy FIRST.". That script indeed adds some features that as far I know no bot has (changing prices automatically 24/7 without the owner's intervention so the bot is the one buying more expensive and selling the cheapest items)

4 Faxie's bots are hosted by EL-services. Do the admin there knows that faxie is interfacing the server for adding extra features to their bots? Where did faxie get all the technical info (protocols, formats, etc...) needed for interfacing the server if he does it?

5 Is that ethical? With that script, the rest of bot owners are fighting with bare hands while faxie is fighting with a machinegun. Nobody can undercut faxie's bots because in a few minutes they change their prices thanks to that script. If the rest of bot owners need to sleep, eat, working in real life and can't manage their bots all the time but faxie can do it 24/7 every day in the year with that script, is not that a big advantage over the rest of owners?

1. As far as I know I never denied using a script, I kept you guessing though :P

2. I am not going to tell you how I did it :P But it wasn't rocket science.

3. And what features did I add to the bot? Isn't there a rule against false accusations?

4. I suppose they know, my info: http://www.google.nl

5. Ethical? You are sure you are the one asking?

- Fact 2: Changing his prices with an automation (script, program, modified client... call it as you want) he has always the best prices in the bots so he will sell more items than his competitors. And more items sold means more profit for him and less for the rest of bot owners who don't use external scripts.

Now Radu is collecting the bot fees from some bot owners. Why paying 20$ fee for a bot if faxie pays the same amount and has a big advantage over all the bots? With that script faxie is using, is an unfair competition. It's like boxing with faxie with your hands tied behind your back: he can hit you always without effort and you can't hit him.

Unlike you, my prices hardly ever undercut someone. I keep them the same as other bot owners most the time and let people decide what bot to use.

Okay first of all: Susje accusing someone from using scripts and so on? Plus denying he's never used any sort of PROGRAMM or script?

I'll prove you wrong with 2 nice proofs :) Eat it!

- http://imgur.com/xs3426t- We put 10gc or so for haidir passes and Susje's bot surprisingly put the price under us :D Even tho he was AFK, his bot changed pricces :/ to 9 gc!!! OMG!

-http://imgur.com/Zsf15CCYeah, 9gc for 1 haidir pass :/

So Susje tell us, you never used any programms/scripts right?! :D I just laughed.

That is a solid and unpenetrable proof I just gave, so deal with it, you're being fked over Susje. You're loosing it :)

Oh yeah, he'll say he wanted to see what my alts are...right :D

And nice job Faxie, stop this horrible human being :)

Oh yeah, he'll say he wanted to see what my alts are...right :D

I seriously would never have guessed that FutureStouxy would be an alt of ... Stouxy :D

Edited by Maxine

2. I am not going to tell you how I did it :P But it wasn't rocket science.

Of course you won't tell it to me how you did it. You like to play with advantage over the rest of owners, telling me how you would loose your advantage. Now there are 216 bots online. At least 2 are yours (I don't know if you own more, because some bots are in "undercover mode" with N/A as owner name). So... at least 214 bots that are not yours are paying fees. 214 * 20 = 4280 $ every year. I think it's an important amount and the bots owners would like Radu checks your script (or whatever you are using for changing automatically your prices) and knows if you are harming another owners' profit. I suppose you didn't show the script to Radu or EL-services admin BEFORE using it, so it would be running without approvation and without testing it. In my humble opinion, an owner with 2 bots can't ruin the business of 214 bots using external scripts or automations.

3. And what features did I add to the bot? Isn't there a rule against false accusations?

Copying prices from another EL bots and changing the prices in your bots 24/7 according them without your intervention (when you are travelling, playing another games, etc...). Isn't there a rule against illegal automated programs, scripts, or computers?

5. Ethical? You are sure you are the one asking?

Yes, I'm the one asking. I'm a tough competitor, but never used scripts, automations, macros for ruining the business of another players. Ruining the business to all the bots owners, you are harming EL too. If you control the market and the prices in the bots, prolly the rest of owners will see that having a bot is a waste of money and won't pay more fees. No fees = less money for EL and Radu.

Susje, are you claiming that Faxie added features to the code running his bots (without an agreement from radu, even) ?

Edited by revi

Susje, I suggest you read that post from Stouxy and the follow up from Maxine regarding you using scripts or automation and come up with a better excuse for those haidirs you sold for 9 gc.

Several mods have been told how the script works and they see nothing illegal in it, else I wouldn't have made it in the first place.

I just think it is funny how you get all butthurt due to the fact that someone outsmarted you. You really made my day :D

Edited by Faxie

Susje, I suggest you read that post from Stouxy and the follow up from Maxine regarding you using scripts or automation and come up with a better excuse for those haidirs you sold for 9 gc.

Several mods have been told how the script works and they see nothing illegal in it, else I wouldn't have made it in the first place.

I just think it is funny how you get all butthurt due to the fact that someone outsmarted you. You really made my day :D

Really? Some mods think it's not illegal a script that copies prices from EL bots, changes them in your bots and all done remotely by the script's AI without you typing a single key in your keyboard? What mods? Does Radu think the same?

I don't think using an automation for making the work you should to do as bot owner is outsmarting. Like using a script for training automatically in a game without spending time is not outsmarting.

Edited by Susje

Still no better excuse for those haidirs? You disappoint me :(

I am sure that those mods report to Radu on regular bases.

Using a script to train is illegal, my script isn't. All the script really does is beating you at your own game.

Edited by Faxie

Still no better excuse for those haidirs? You disappoint me :(

I am sure that those mods report to Radu on regular bases.

Using a script to train is illegal, my script isn't. All the script really does is beating you at your own game.

I don't need excuses (nor scripts) for changing myself the prices in my bots when I want. And why Bestest bot was selling at the same time 109 haidir passes for 10gc each? Because the owner can do it, maybe?

It seems the mods' names are secret because you don't tell their names.

Beating me at my own game? I don't use scripts for beating competitors. I think you are wrong, the fact you do it doesn't imply I do it too. I've been playing EL for many years obeying the rules.

I don't need excuses (nor scripts) for changing myself the prices in my bots when I want. And why Bestest bot was selling at the same time 109 haidir passes for 10gc each? Because the owner can do it, maybe?

It seems the mods' names are secret because you don't tell their names.

Beating me at my own game? I don't use scripts for beating competitors. I think you are wrong, the fact you do it doesn't imply I do it too. I've been playing EL for many years obeying the rules.

I don't name and shame, and therefore I see no reason to put their names on forum.

I have been playing EL for many years aswell, and I never broke any rules or do I intend to do so.

I will stop responding now. It is getting old fast and you don't seem to bring up any new issues.

Edited by Faxie

I don't name and shame, and therefore I see no reason to put their names on forum.

I have been playing EL for many years aswell, and I never broke any rules or do I intend to do so.

I will stop responding now. It is getting old fast and you don't seem to bring up any new issues.

Name and shame? If they support your script and think honestly is good for EL you manage your bots remotely and automatically 24/7 with a script for being the most sucessful owner and beating the rest of ebul owners, shouldn't be shameful telling their names.