Eternal Lands Official Forums

During instances, damage messages appear but no one knows who hit the mob for that much. My suggestion is to have a separate chat for every player that wishes to have it on, showing damage dealt the mob and damage dealt by the mob.

Another suggestion I have is having loot dropped messages enabled regardless of how much HP the mob has.

Thoughts?

The idea is actually interesting. I often get the impression I'm not hitting at all...

*although... that might be because I'm *not* hitting at all XD*

Edited by Nessa

Interesting indeed.

BTW - Pteronophobia is the fear of being tickled by feathers!

During instances, damage messages appear but no one knows who hit the mob for that much. My suggestion is to have a separate chat for every player that wishes to have it on, showing damage dealt the mob and damage dealt by the mob.

As long as you realise that implementing this would mean one line in chat every time you hit or get hit (or it gets rather complicated to code correctly). That's a lot of lines, so a good chance to miss messages from your team mates.

Another suggestion I have is having loot dropped messages enabled regardless of how much HP the mob has.

Thoughts?

Not in favor: again too much spam in an invasion (those are local chat messages, so everyone around you sees them).

Even if this is limited to instances, not sure it's a good idea for the same reason.

And why would you need this? You don't trust the people you go to instances with?

As long as you realise that implementing this would mean one line in chat every time you hit or get hit (or it gets rather complicated to code correctly). That's a lot of lines, so a good chance to miss messages from your team mates.

Thoughts?

Not in favor: again too much spam in an invasion (those are local chat messages, so everyone around you sees them).

Even if this is limited to instances, not sure it's a good idea for the same reason.

And why would you need this? You don't trust the people you go to instances with?

I realize that it would be very cluttered if it was placed in default chat for everyone to see, what I'd like is to see personal damage dealt and received on a mob IF you so choose to toggle this option on. I agree that spam is a huge issue in instances and the like.

I like being able to see what I looted, not what other people looted. I do trust the people I instance with, I just want to have a log for myself for when i kill a mob in an invance/instance/invasion see what I got, not what other people got. We have "item is degraded" or "item is destroyed" messages, why not loot?

I was thinking of getting a counter, like u hit this mob today like 5 times, and with max damage dealt is 50 hp. something like our mob kill counter. Will be good to have it.

the other suggestion about loot dropped messages. can be implemented only in instances. but the boss mobs there already give such drop msg. Seems implementing it in invasions and invances will add only to the spam ( as revi said). But for instas i think its good to have it.

Also i go to instas with the trusted ppl only so for me having the drop counter has no effect

Edited by Blue_dragon

I think differents colors for differents types of damage would be helpfull. I mean, differents color for critical damage, glow damage, Harm, poison..etc...

I always made instance in 2~4hitters, and are hard to know how much I'AM hit, since we are all in same mob. This can help a lot in gameplay.

Well, i guess colors can be a good way to know how much damage you are doing.

Sorry about bad english.

~Luzbell.

Better yet a popup window like for ranging.

Ranging popup doesnt tell me damage i did, which to me is a way more interesting statistic than missed shots (=0)

Better yet a popup window like for ranging.

Ranging popup doesnt tell me damage i did, which to me is a way more interesting statistic than missed shots (=0)

Or just add it to ranging popup as line on it.

Not sure the client even gets the information about how much and what type of damage your character did. A far as I know, all that the client gets is a new amount of health points for the monster.

So for now it is simply not possible for the client to show any of the information you are all asking for.

Unless this gets support from the server. And that would either require a protocol change (it gets send as a new message or as part of an existing one), or adds a lot of text messages to the traffic from server (and is then harder to filter out on the client side).