Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

Sell Hydro ring in store

This could be an item that people would like to buy who do not go for the Haidir passes and/or rostogol.

Suggested price $1.

This could be an item that people would like to buy who do not go for the Haidir passes and/or rostogol.

Suggested price $1.

$1 sounds too cheap :)

Suggested price $1.

$1 sounds too cheap :)

I would agree. I think the boss would sell them for the price of a brick, $5. That is the whole point of having the run pk isn't it? Someone told me (if I remember the numbers right) they got 70 ore when they went, mixing s2e in the mine. To get 500 ore would take 7+ trips. At $5 that's $40 for a nexus. Is that too much? I don't know, I don't have the rl money to do this anyway.

I do like the idea! After reading Maxine's assessment below, I agree with her price point.

Edited by Aquila
to agree with Maxine

Two reasons why I'm not sure this is a good idea:

1: it would mean another "pay-2-win" option which would leave the others in the cold.

I'd much rather see an increased drop rate in lower level monsters, so that the 2-tier fighters also have a chance for some good stuff.

Or possibly, replace the gc drops for the richer bosses by hydro rings (still easy enough to share with a small team)

2: especially at 5$, you're better off buying the bars in-game from NPC (EL shop sells gc as well, iirc...). That would mean that the hydro ring is basically useless, as the gc price for the dropped ones would be calculated (at least initially) from the shop price...

I support this idea. A very good suggestion, Will help stabilize market. Can sell 1 ring for 1 $ and also sell 20 rings for 15$ or 10$ as you would like it.

To be honest I am split on this suggestion. My initial reaction is it would probably be good for the game, but I'm not sure. So instead I will just post my thoughts.

First the reasons I don't think it will ruin the game:

1. EL is already pay to win (either $$ or time).

2. Radu sells gold in the shop which can be used to buy hydro bars directly, so this doesn't really affect availability to p2p players.

3. Radu can balance their cost versus how many hydro you can get so it doesn't kill hydro price.

Reason I think it may help the game:

1. For years hydro WAS the EL economy. Now iron ore->steel bars->s2e have very little value since people don't run hydro. This has stagnated the EL economy more than it was already. Adding a way for people to use these ingredients again will encourage trade again.

Reason I think it may hurt the game:

1. The rosto market got really messed up when Haidir passes were added because another highly consumable shop-only item was added which divided the p2w crowd's $$. Adding another highly consumable item is likely to do the same thing to rostogols again. This would severely hurt the game if it happened.

Rabbitman

IMO it is necessary so some players who are unable to make it thru hydro gauntlet can work on their quests (hydro mining and Novac are 2) and when they can not do it anymore they stop playing for they think the cards rigged (it is but lets not make dealer get blackjack every time).

My suggestion is to make cooldown on ring - maybe require action points (which many players still do not use) to activate ring.

I dont think $1 is too little, and I dont think even at that price it is going to cause a run on the hydro ore.

Simple economics:

Making an s2e from bought bars (NPC) and FE (5 gc ea) costs about 1245 gc ea (no losses)

A hydro bar made this way costs thus about 12500

A hydrobar from the NPC costs 15000, so 2500 more expensive.

Assume you can make 7 hydro bars per run, this means 17500 gc savings, this is LESS than the current gc value of $1

It also assumes that the player has:

• Artificial nexus = 3 and high manu level (>> 60) to make the swords without loss
  • Inorganic nexus = 6 and high enough harvest level (80 or more, 55 is recommended) to harvest the ore
  • Maximum mule

I think at $1 the current stashes of s2e-s would get used up and players might start making bars and fe again for hydro projects. This provides a market for lower level players to sell their products.

I agree that the ring should drop a lot more often in invasions. Value in-game would be about 20-25k gc, consistent with $1 shop price. Maybe also make it a rare Joker gift? ;) It should NOT be a shop-only item.

Edited by Maxine

Making the ring cheaper from shop will act almost same as if the drop rates were increased. a ring available on el market at say 8-10k gc..

Can also have ring being available at npc for buying say at same price as hydro bars. Might work

Edited by Blue_dragon

Have to agree with Maxine, $1 seems about right price from shop and it should not be shop only item. Having said that though, I also dont think it should be mixable, just dropped a little more often by mobs (and as Revi said, could be at cost of GC from bigger mobs maybe)

Have to agree with Maxine, $1 seems about right price from shop and it should not be shop only item. Having said that though, I also dont think it should be mixable, just dropped a little more often by mobs (and as Revi said, could be at cost of GC from bigger mobs maybe)

How about make it an universal rare mix when mixing rings, a bit like the LBD stones when making summoning stones. Might encourage the ring mixing again

Edit: oops... bad quoting gone bad -.-

How about make it an universal rare mix when mixing rings, a bit like the LBD stones when making summoning stones. Might encourage the ring mixing again

This.

Sounds like a great idea, also gives crafters something rare to look forward to ( I don't think there are any currently ).

Edited by Diealot

That is a wonderful Idea Maxine. I think we will not have the chance that this ring ever will be mixable, but perhaps the suggestion to make it a random special mixt will melt Radu's heart:)

Yes I think a possible rare crafting item is a good idea since there are none but there are in potions, manufacturing and summoning. Maybe some day a rare engineering item which defuses bombs.

Digging out an old post, still thinking Maxine suggestion is good. Hydro ring being a rare mix from ring mixing. As long as it isn't easy to get, the hydro ring seem to be super rare to get. 1:1000 or 1:1500 seems to be a good ratio considering the amount of ings needed to mix rings