Eternal Lands Official Forums
saxum

Please have Buni tell what armor still needs to be broke

It is for the break low level armor quest. it is one of the few quests I have not completed.

It has been so long with multiple computers that I can not remember what armor needs to be broken for Buni's break quest in Nordcarn.

I'd like a list like Vixen's which I have not been able to complete either.

Yes, would be nice if it was added like Vixen and Gerund. I finally broke my ti chain today and thought I was done. Also this quest took me over multiple computers and was excited that I was finally done, then found out I am not. My logs have 4 things broken, and I really don't want to go back through breaking everything else again.

Thanks, Jeff

I am pretty sure the npcs already do report your progress, not sure about Buni, but the the other two do

Exactly, others do, but Buni does not.

+ 1 to this idea. Would be good if Buni tells what items must be broken still.

I just asked radu if he could check my progression on this quest since yeah I had EL uninstalled from my PC for a long time and quest log is not showing up.

He said  [PM from radu: ask the npc] and I felt like okay I'm stupid. Does it really say what you need next? But no, doesn't say. Now I'm searching and this happened to all of you already.

Pls add that list.

i use the item list to add all the break stuff when i get a quest, then delete it as it breaks, this might be worth doing if you lost your quest log, yes you will be going through stuff again but at least you will have a record of the stuff you done by prosses of ilimination

(i have no idea if the buni list is checkable in game)

I am currently doing this quest on my alt. The only armour I recall breaking was my leather torso of which I actually got a pop up for. While fighting in battle I broke my leather boots and did not get a pop up. So, I am going to assume I already broke them and continue through the list. Hopefully quest progression can be added to Buni one day to cause less confusion. P.S. The progress is tracked in our quest log under "Heartbreaking" but I play on different computers sometimes so my quest log is not updated on the latter.

"All the Leather Armor, including Helm, the Augmented
Leather Pants and Torso, a Wooden Shield and an Enhanced Wooden
Shield, Iron Chain, Steel Chain, and, finally, a Second Hand Titanium
Chain Mail."

Buni's text is a little misleading saying "all the leather armor", as the list after it only says helm, pants, and torso, not the boots.

That's why no popup for the boot breakage.

(Unless there's a change to Buni, I highly recommend using the ingame Notes window to list everything that needs to be broken, and mark each one as you break it. That way you can keep track even if you stop playing a while. If you don't switch computers, that is.)

Do not use ingame Notes window. If game crashes file can get destroyed just like quest logs.

15 hours ago, saxum said:

Do not use ingame Notes window. If game crashes file can get destroyed just like quest logs.

That is rather poor advice. I do not know the last time I had a game crash, and like I've told you many, many times before., the chances are a extremely unlikely that a crash would happen while a file is being written to disk and so file corruption is likewise extremely unlikely.  Full computer crashes can lead to disk errors but that is just as likely to effect a separate text file as one of EL's files.

3 hours ago, bluap said:

That is rather poor advice. I do not know the last time I had a game crash, and like I've told you many, many times before., the chances are a extremely unlikely that a crash would happen while a file is being written to disk and so file corruption is likewise extremely unlikely.  Full computer crashes can lead to disk errors but that is just as likely to effect a separate text file as one of EL's files.

The game make the computer crash very often after last update, freezing the game, then turn the computer off.

I played on 2 computers same happen, once a week or so, I hardly play anymore because of this.

I posted this earlier i bug section ;

My computer lost power when playing.

When I tried to log on again were I sent to the new player login, with choose language (never seen that before) and the rules.  Even if I closed this and tried again, could I only log in this way.

Ingame were most settings reset - all windows opened in left top corner, green health bar over the playernames where I used to have numbers. Lots of other things.

Quantity on inventory were set to default - only thing left as as I had  before were itemlist  and manu lists.

The zoom out/in and tilt angle were changed too, a pain I had the same for years and dont remember the numbers.

When I log on another, not online when the crash happened, everything is reset too even if I changed back to what I used to have and are still online whith the first.

A 2nd online are usually copying the setting on the first. 

My question is now, why did it happen now, I loose very often internet connection without this problems.

Anything I can do next time ?

Every time it happen are something changed like .

My alt lost counters

My alt lost questlog

Setting are changed

Some of the item list is missing

Some of the recipes are missing or the game have forgotten their names untill I hav used them

The item list show correct but take different quantity out

And it is only a few

I play other games without problems they are only here, so I hardly play anymore.

If I only had used the same PC would I think it had a problem, but on 2 ???

The fact is, the only way the game can loose or corrupt game files is either:

1) The game crashes, or your computer crashes (or looses power) while saving a particular file.   This is very, very unlikely and will only effect the one file that was being written when the crash occurred.

2) Your computer crashes or you loose power and your file system gets corrupted or your OS reverts your file system to an older state.

These are facts because the client does not hold files open in some partially saved state while running.  At start-up, file information is read into memory. Reading a file cannot corrupt it.  When you use "#save", the save timer fires, or when you exit the client,  files where information has been modified are saved.  Some functions save files when changes happen, the item list and quest log are examples of this.  You can prove this for yourselves by opening a file browser while playing the game and looking at the "last modified" time on the client files.

If the game crashes a lot for you, I'm sorry.  I have done more fixes than I can remember for this game and always investigate reported crashes.  The most likely caused is that you have poor libraries for you video card hardware.  This is often the case for windows and can usually be fixed by looking for updates from the manufacturer.

I you are getting file corruption, you most likely have issues with your file system or errors on your hard disk.  I suggest use your OS tools to scan for and repair your hard disk.

Edited by bluap
Some file are always saved at these checkpoints.

A quick suggestion for keeping track, make an inv list with the items you need to break. As you break them, remove them from the list.

I do this for the more advanced items too, makes it easy to load up those that still need to be broken.

On 8/22/2019 at 6:34 AM, Burn said:

"All the Leather Armor, including Helm, the Augmented
Leather Pants and Torso, a Wooden Shield and an Enhanced Wooden
Shield, Iron Chain, Steel Chain, and, finally, a Second Hand Titanium
Chain Mail."

Buni's text is a little misleading saying "all the leather armor", as the list after it only says helm, pants, and torso, not the boots.

That's why no popup for the boot breakage.

(Unless there's a change to Buni, I highly recommend using the ingame Notes window to list everything that needs to be broken, and mark each one as you break it. That way you can keep track even if you stop playing a while. If you don't switch computers, that is.)

I broke leather boots while training on a different char today :o And it appears that Buni required me to break them, I got the pop up message afterwards. 

Edited by Montez