Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zamirah

Make special days only last 3 hours

Last time we had Peace Day, heard I people complaining that they were not able to do their daily Haidir.

If the "special" in special days only last 3 hours - daytime or nighttime would that not be a problem.

Some special days allready only work 3 hours, Leonard's Day and Solar Flares Day.

I think the "bad" days make many go afk, at least I do, and play another game. Better if they return after 3 hours than 6.

I could see Night Specials like - Day of Stronger Animals and Monsters - full moon make monsters stronger - Day of the Dead

Day specials like - Scotty's Vacation - the vet need to sleep too - Day of Mushrooms

I think the chance for a special day should be 2x what it is now, so the number hours would be the same as now .

Maybe the Day-stones should drop 2x as often too because they only last 3 hours, should make them cheaper or at least make more people feel lucky.

If stones would only work for 3 hours, I would really feel cheated, since I have a lot of stones in storage that I have paid a high price for, expecting to get 6 hours of benefit.

To have this apply to some server-only days would be a possibility.

I've got another good idea: make 50% of Zamirah's mixes be a critical failure, that'll enhance gameplay :D

On a more serious note, you haven't even got the facts straight: Leonard's day: 'Leonard is very happy today, so he is considerably stronger, and stays awake the whole day.'

The explanation of why Solar flares day 'lasts only 3 hours' is in it's name and description as well...

And maybe, just maybe, there is nothing wrong with the current day rates/special day drops/special days, but it's just the same selfish people complaining about their dailies. I find it fascinating, that peace day, that only happens once in a blue moon, gives rise to so much whining from these people, yet they have no objection to the more frequent portal invasions which usually last way more than 6 hours and prevent the doing of dailies just as well.

Edited by Rosabel

Last time we had peace day i never heard you complain lol.. though since when do you talk for the people? Really instead of complaining about not enough special days, why not buy some stones and use them? :)

Daily quests should ideally have two (if not four) game days duration instead of just one. Reducers can still decrement the cooldown period by one game day while allowing time frame flexibility.

In truth, within seconds of logging on during a Reconstruction Day you will have used all that you could have. However, not everyone logs on at the start of day.

And what's wrong with Peace Day anyway? Not my favourite day but opens up other things to do.

Last time we had Peace Day, heard I people complaining that they were not able to do their daily Haidir.

Sounds like luck of the draw to me. No-harvest #days kill harvest dailies. No-mix #day interfere with any dailies that require mixing (if you don't have pre-mixed stuff in storage). Sometimes thing just go wrong and you work around it or deal with it.

Since EL is a combat orientated game now.

Just remove peace day all together, radu removes it after excessive whining and whinging from players anyhoo.

I would prefer to see more to do other than instancing, invansions, invances, haidir, a/d grinding or lenny/bada/neno/invdrag hunting.

You can see why with all the combat based stuff to do, if you take that away(ie peace day), alot of players who have combat focused toons will have naught to do.