Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vinoveritas

Change invasionmeter

I think the invasionmeter needs to be tweaked. either drop the enriched magic essense (which is these days at 25kgc) in favour to say 100-300 magic essence, or make it to act like pear finder, or treasure finder, so that 1 recipe gives 80-100 invasionmeters.

As it is right now, i never was able to use the invasionmeters i made or bought for more then 10 times before breaking. This is not good if you want to use them, to clear the maps from leftovers of a global invasion. As the profits there are normally very low. On the other hand it should cost a bit to make it, because if you search for the bosses, it could be lucrative

Given the ingredients, it never was ment to be a cheap-to-use item (at least not with the reported 1/10 chance of breaking on each use).
So, 80-100 from the current recipe seems over the top, I'd suggest 15-25 single use meters per set of ingredients (still ~2x better than the current version).

But, why tweak the recipe only because the rare ingredient has become too expensive? If you go that way, a lot more recipes that use EME, EFE, binding

stones, serpent stones, ... need tweaking (great swords and saving stone come to mind).

No because they are imbalanced. like there are lots of items out there where buying the finished product is cheaper then making, this item is a prime exsample of an item, where making costs go over the usability of the item.

Just this week we have invasions that went very long, because they where hidden, and nobody seamed even bordered to search considering, where one of the caves where found over 8 hours after the start of them.

Why is that, and what does this tell about the game i ask myself, and my post was one answer to it.

@Vino: not sure that the cost of invasion meter is the only (or even the main) reason that invasions last so long:

radu started an invasion in Bethel on Feb 13 that was cleared just today (so lasted close to three days...). Cheap invasion meters wouldn't have changed anything there...

Edited by revi

Reason why some creatures are not cleared is they are not profitable or fun to kill with Blues being primary example; make point defense ingredient in Invasion meter along with Enriched Energy Essences. Invasion meter price goes down, EEEs go up and value in killing blue dragons.

Alternate recipe:

500 point defense

10 enriched energy essences

20 gypsum

2 Mixture of Power

revi, the Bethel invasion was not cleared for long time, because killing bricker takes time planning and big team. and 13 bricker in one map is things player are wary about.

What i am talking about are hidden invasions and c2,c1 Portal invasions.

The invasion farmers that often play during the night time, leave often creatures that are not valuable to kill.

In Europe morning time, quite often came people who want to clean the map so you can tell people its save to go there or not.

With an invasion meter you can tell fast this map is clear or not. and if not tell people what to expect there. so it gets organized.

As at those times more often then not, there are very few monsters on a map left. And searching by feet takes long time. and you might still miss things on maps like ws, ida and so on. For those times a use of invasion meter is useful. But at the same time for that use the invasionmeter is to expensiv.

For the invasions that are on 1 map nobody needs Invasionmeter.

For finding hidden Invasions. Invasionmeter should cost something. as the loot might be good.

Thats why i think the recipe, or the way it get used should be changed. I do not care if it is done by reducing the break rate which is in the 5 times i used an invasionmeter was very high. or change the recipe to make the making of it a bit cheaper, or make them to be like Pear, treasure finders, as single use items where one recipe gets multiple of it, I do not care. I just think that right now the item in the way it is is pretty much an item that does not get used.

I agree that as prices are now, invasion meters are too expensive to use for lower level invasions. (I'm not going to touch on the 145+ level, as the price of an invasion meter isn't relevant compared to (claimed) usage of resources and drops.) And tweaking the recipe is one way to correct that

I just don't agree on the number of invasion meters one recipe should give: 80-100 is just too much IMO.

But I still don't believe that, in the current game situation, tweaking the recipes of individual items, only because they became too expensive to mix or use, is the way to go. But that's a different discussion.