Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jlaub

Selling Rostogol Stones on NPC

Since gold coins are now being sold through the shop, I was wondering if rostogol stones could be sold on NPC like nexus removals are. I was thinking that rosto price on NPC could reflect gold coin price through the shop, at 80,000 gc per rosto.

People spending $100 to buy rostogol stones through the shop are still getting a better deal than the NPC would offer.

This would provide a few things to the economy (in my opinion):

- Price control on rostogol stones, since the limited supply is making prices jump quickly.

- Encourage shop sales for gc and rostos, since you get a better deal when spending $100

- Encourage more people to still use rostos. With a bigger supply and inflation control of an NPC selling them, you know prices won't go above that, and you won't stress as much about losing them.

These are just a few of my thoughts on it.

- Jeff

...at 80,000 gc per rosto.

...and you won't stress as much about losing them.

Perhaps it's just me (and remembering when Rosts were more like 20K) but these two statements just don't seem to go together.

I wonder if net income for Entropy would go up or down if Main server Rosts were $1 as they are for the PK server? Would the increased usage (and loss) track the decreased price?

...at 80,000 gc per rosto.

...and you won't stress as much about losing them.

Perhaps it's just me (and remembering when Rosts were more like 20K) but these two statements just don't seem to go together.

I wonder if net income for Entropy would go up or down if Main server Rosts were $1 as they are for the PK server? Would the increased usage (and loss) track the decreased price?

The real question is, would $1 rostogols be enough to bring a significant number of players back/help keep new players longer? Imo, it would probably be enough for some but not enough to offset the decreased cost at the shop.

If EL is to get more players it needs to offer fun content you can't get in other games. If the fun content were good enough, people would come and spend $$ at the shop just like in 2006-2008.

As a humble player all I know is since the price for Rosto's got above 40-45k in the market I stopped going to invasions, which I used to do frequently. Instances are not quite so risky but hardly ever got a team as they are too clicky and into own groups. I don't play on main very often and certainly not often enough to have any luck harvesting them so as a casual player on main who just wants a bit of fun I will NOT risk losing them for an hour or so of fun. Hence I mainly play on the pk server where I can instance as often as I chose and still do the occasional invasions (ty MrHide) without so much risk,,,and yes I do lose some rosto's and I buy from the shop on occasions directly and indirectly, probably more than I would have on main. The costs of playing on main are beyond my affordability. Im sure Im not the only person who wont risk losing rosto's for fun on main as the current loss is far to great. I wholeheartedly agree lower the price and more will return. The expense is killing the game by narrowing the choices of the style of play one wishes to follow.

Well why only rostogols? The game need funds to keep a proper server environment which should be the first thing to fix.

Lag is unacceptable. And it is definitely not my hardware or my provider. I played for years on usa / kanada server where this server claims to be hosted. Delays of up to 3-5 seconds on a daily basis are definitely not acceptable. MMO with such lag is barely playable.

And regarding NPC. Npc shall sell anything, including no more tear capes, oranges, grapes pears, binding stones, serpent stones, enrichment stones, attribute removals, hydrogenium ore, dragon scales, modable swords, ....... Basically all in game items. some want to do some things but can not do because items are not available. is it a recipe or is it raw materials or is it bc gc / npc value does not fit anymore

If you want to keep players the first issue should be to ban / block the blackmarket gc sales, as this hurt the game / game funds the most. and therefore the server is laggy because no proper fund to provide decent connection.

Allowing alt sharing and trading was the worst and is total the opposite as a MMO shall be. Interaction with other players.

also reducing the wtf enters from 10 to 8 also hurt that multiplayer feature.

Also EL does not provide a proper client for most linux distros, the client hardly builds, exhibits errors and such.

Has some issues regarding mix window in git. No proper client in linux distros, no players because it is not available to the mayority. and i think coders who do the client can provide faster packages for any linux distro and any other availabe os as volunteers.

Regarding gc are 60k / 1 us dollar 70k / 1 euro. I suggest npc shall sell rostogols as upper cap for 250kc each or even higher to balance the game a bit more.

Edited by roman_gruber

Well why only rostogols? The game need funds to keep a proper server environment which should be the first thing to fix.

Lag is unacceptable. And it is definitely not my hardware or my provider. I played for years on usa / kanada server where this server claims to be hosted. Delays of up to 3-5 seconds on a daily basis are definitely not acceptable. MMO with such lag is barely playable.

And regarding NPC. Npc shall sell anything, including no more tear capes, oranges, grapes pears, binding stones, serpent stones, enrichment stones, attribute removals, hydrogenium ore, dragon scales, modable swords, ....... Basically all in game items. some want to do some things but can not do because items are not available. is it a recipe or is it raw materials or is it bc gc / npc value does not fit anymore

If you want to keep players the first issue should be to ban / block the blackmarket gc sales, as this hurt the game / game funds the most. and therefore the server is laggy because no proper fund to provide decent connection.

Allowing alt sharing and trading was the worst and is total the opposite as a MMO shall be. Interaction with other players.

also reducing the wtf enters from 10 to 8 also hurt that multiplayer feature.

Also EL does not provide a proper client for most linux distros, the client hardly builds, exhibits errors and such.

Has some issues regarding mix window in git. No proper client in linux distros, no players because it is not available to the mayority. and i think coders who do the client can provide faster packages for any linux distro and any other availabe os as volunteers.

Regarding gc are 60k / 1 us dollar 70k / 1 euro. I suggest npc shall sell rostogols as upper cap for 250kc each or even higher to balance the game a bit more.

haha are you crazy,, 250k for a rosto, it takes me months to get that amount of gc and will only drive prices up even more..even less reason for occasional log in on main

(... >>lots of off-topic stuff << ...)

Please stop hijacking threads to air your pet peeves.

If you see problems and can propose solutions, start your own thread(s)...

As for your gc/$ rates, please give your source. As far as I can see, your rate comes from the same black market you want banned...

In my humble opinion, Radu never will sell rostogols in a NPC. The reason is very clear: Radu wants $$$$ for the items the players buy in EL shop. If he sells the rostos for gc in a NPC, many players would buy them with gc (and prolly that gc would be bought from players, not from Radu himself) so that would be a disastrous business.

P.S.: I can be wrong too. Radu said in the past that he won't sell gc for $ when several players asked for to him and now he's selling :o . Who knows?

Edited by Susje

It's fair, because I would buy gc or chars from everyone except from you and your alts/friends (multanex, asclepius, koizu). :laugh:

Edited by Susje

Why sell rostogols on a NPC when people should know on their own not to overcharge for them?

Also higher rostogol prices make them less effective in protecting your items. While a 60k rostogol works well in protecting a Crown of Life, it makes little sense to carry a 120K rostogol to protect one.

A 250k rostogol is completely pointless for titanium plate sets or below.

Even a 60k rosto makes no sense to protect a CoL in the long run:

with rosto: 100% chance to lose a stone death => 60k loss each death

w/o rosto: 50% chance to lose the CoL => on average 50k loss each death...

(of course, if you carry several expensive items, a 60k CoL can be worth carrying, as each individual slot has a 50% chance of dropping on death).

And there is the small question of how soon you can earn the x k gc needed to replace a lost rosto (or item): higher prices will mean you need more time to recover the loss, and that leaves less time to lose them (and spending too much time on things you don't really like isn't the best motivator to continue playing).

Yeah something should be done about the rosto prices. I still thought they were around 20-25k apiece, and thought I'd just need to farm 40-50k after losing two in one invasion. But instead I need to farm 160k to replace them? That's like weeks of farming for one hour in an invasion.

And then they make topics asking why people don't join invasions actively anymore :)

"Something should be done"...

I think most of us agree on that point. However, so far, no one (me included) managed to come up with a workable idea.

(As long as rostogols are a main source of income for radu, they won't get sold on NPC).

I am not sure how that would work but how about less dollars for rosto? Would it affect Radu income? something like minimum amount of rosto you can buy is 3 and it cost 10$. So everyone is happy.

People can still sell top price 60kgc( instead of 90kgc)

More people would come to inva/inst

More would die and more rosto bought from shop?