Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crannog

Child of Stars perk - reduced enriched ratio's

I have noticed that since i gained the Child of Stars perk, my rates for getting EFE have reduced.

My rates for the first 50 EFE were 1 in 5114 fe, (i gained the perk after about 40). From 50-71 (when i definitely had CoS perk) my rates went down to 1 EFE every 8116 fe.

Surely this can't be right?? CoS negates the negative astro therefore overall I should get better rates than before, not less.

I spent about 2mil gc doing the tutorial quest to get the perk - V dissapointed :(

This may not be the answer you are looking for but consider getting skeptic. I have made 176 EFE in 1188338 FEs since I started using the arti cape and the rate did not change after I got Child of Stars perk.

skeptic should make the rates worse...as it would be constantly neutral - at the moment i should have neutral/good for make rare astro.

Also skeptic would totally negate the child of stars perk - the question really is why my rates went down when i got the perk. Is there something wrong with it??

Edited by crannog

It might have something to do with your alc level getting higher.

I noticed that after 100 alc did I make very few EFEs, and now after higher levels are ELEs very rare too.

Still get few EMEs and EDEs.

I have 2 alts I use to make FEs, one level 92 alc and EFEs are getting much rarer than few months/levels ago.

The other is level 50 alc and this one seems to have higher rate of EFEs.

Higher level = less events/fails = less enrichs.

Forgot to say , I hit 100 long before astro and perks came in game ( and hydro) ;)

Edited by Zamirah

can anyone confirm if this is true?

My alc has risen from about 70 to 99 since i came back, and during the time-frame i stated in the first post

I noticed amount of EFEs dropped so much I very rarely mix FEs now after getting perk. It reduced the number of EMEs so much I got rid of the Pick Points to get rid of the cloak. It is not just astro related for I used to stockpile ingredients and then mix when astro was high.

Only one who could really tell you is radu and it is something he tweaks from time to time without mentioning it in the Game Updates. I have seen comments about it in channel 6 but I generally avoid it due to the nature of that channel so not have all the details.

If you gained CoS perk it means you are rich and no need free EFEs more :)
P.S. same here. Wheh I got this perk I detect I lose luck on rare items

CoS reduces changes of finding raw things at harvesting and making special items as far as i see it in my stats. Same goes for higher levels at mixing As i see it the less events you get, the less good events you get, and Good Astro does reduce the Events you get.

It's one of those things that needs radu's input, as there are suspicions that he tweaks production rates for EFE and such from time to time.

If he has indeed done that, all attempts to relate observations of EFE rate to a perk, a level or whatever else you can think of are invalid (GIGO principle).

Also, if the chance for EFE is 1/x, the probability p to not get an EFE in x mixes is (1-1/x)^(x). For x=10000, that gives p ≈ 0.37 or 37%, and the probablility to not get an EFE in 3x mixes is still about 5%. So, you need a very large number of mixes to draw any hard conclusions, even if all other conditions are verified.

I have always seen it like this using Make rare/failure indicator

Make rare: -392 (the lower, the better; positive is penalty)I think it go to 900 so less than half green now

Failure: -8 (the lower, the better) go to 9 so close to full green.

in this case low chance to make rare because Failure is highest,

but if Make rare are full green and Failure low the chance is much bigger.

Might be weong.

Yes, the purpose of negating the red astro for make rare = more chance to make rare !! so no idea what your saying vino

revi - my observations are for almost 1/2 million fe - that isnt enough? there are clear differences for my averages with and without the perk

Yes, the purpose of negating the red astro for make rare = more chance to make rare !! so no idea what your saying vino

revi - my observations are for almost 1/2 million fe - that isnt enough? there are clear differences for my averages with and without the perk

Yes, of course, that would be enough, if you are sure the chance of producing a rare item stayed the same.

I double checked my code, and there doesn't appear to be a bug. When that thing is positive, the chance to make a rare item is decreased. It's actually 1 in a base number + the astro modifier. So the astro modifier witht he Child of stars perk makes it return 0 if larger than 0.

yes, with the perk I wouldn't get a positive (bad) make rare astro.

In the original post, i stated that with the perk i should be getting better rates (due to not getting the bad astro) - but i am getting much worse rates :(

trouble is, you do not have a char with the same levels without the perk to compare it to. The assumption that rates are constant over time is almost certainly a false one.

True Maxine, it is all assumption - but it seems a massive difference to me.

I think those that work hard to raise levels high enough, and to get the gc to get this perk should at least get some benefit - not reduced make rare rates.

Since I made this thread i have not made another EFE - despite many thousands more fe - my rate has now gone up to 9091 from 8116 !!!

0-50 average: 5114 fe per efe (all without CoS perk, early ones without artificer cape)

50-71 average was 8116 - it is now 9091 - quite a massive difference in terms of averages over time, with CoS perk and artificer cape equipped

Total average now is 6290 and dropping every day - this is an average over 446k fe's

1 EFE in 5114 is a VERY, VERY good rate, not sure how you got it, since the nominal rate is 1/10K

1 in 9091 is what is to be expected with that perk.

and btw, a lot of resources (enriched essies & stones) go into getting this perk.

People are saying they won't get it, because it sucks - just a thought.