Eternal Lands Official Forums
BlakKat

New command to go to last posted coordinates

I would like to suggest a command which would allow one to go to the last posted coordinates (on the same map). I see various situations where it could be convenient. For instance, you could post in local your position and then use it to always come back to that position. This could be useful when doing Haidirs, multiple harvesting runs, etc. Similarly, other players might post their coordinates asking for help. You could then use the command to be faster there.

Typing a few letters is probably much faster and less frustrating for most ppl than going to the tab-map, figuring out which is the first and which the second coordinate, then moving your cursor till the numbers match the numbers you hopefully still remember. At least I usually have to switch back and forth a couple of times between chat and map till I am going really to the right place.

I would imagine the chat could be parsed for phrases like "You are in Portland [288,129]" and then use the coordinates to figure out what to do.

If your main problem is remembering the coordinates, you can use the #markpos command ("#markpos <x>,<y> <label>") and then use the tab map to walk to the label (as we are talking about moving within the same map).

For the rest, I can see too much potential abuse for such a command as you propose to be implemented.

How about implementing command like "#goto 234,645"? I agree with BlakKat that "Typing a few letters is probably much faster and less frustrating for most ppl than going to the tab-map, figuring out which is the first and which the second coordinate, then moving your cursor till the numbers match the numbers you hopefully still remember. At least I usually have to switch back and forth a couple of times between chat and map till I am going really to the right place."

+1 for the idea.

Edited by Devnul

Like revi suggested, I use markpos and then the tab map. If you right-click the map icon in the bottom hud, there are menu options to create and remove temporary tab map marks making it even easier.

Edited by bluap

Is any1 here using F2 to open last posted URL? If yes then i guess you see how comfortable it is compared to write down or copy it. In instances and invances a lot of coord are posted and you have to find that coord in map which is pretty anoying.

I don't think anyone denied that it would be convenient. But any such command could have other consequences/possibilities, that are not wanted...

(And btw, such a command becomes a lot less useful in the situation Telestox just described, as you'd just walk to the last coordinates posted when you use the command. Those could be at the opposite site of the map of where you want to go, if they get posted between you seeing the coordinates you want and actually typing <enter> after the command)

(and @Devnul: noted...)

Edited by revi