Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SolarStar

Shadow Warrior from D3

It's not my idea, so i can post it :P Maybe some of you have played Diablo3. There is an opponent called shadow warrior which has same strenght and skils as your character.

So how about a monster 'boggart' a shape shifter that will transform into the player (not summon) that it first makes contact with. It will have the same attributes, same perks, even same armor as the player, only 10 times the original health (that is with crown of life) . What is so interesting about this monster is that this monster will be avoided by the strongest fighters. First, you never want to fight yourself. Some players are so proud they can make extra high damage with special weapons and Fire arrows. It would be really fun if it turns against them :)

Ok it wasn't my idea, i don't take the credit. And if you think it's a really stupid idea, .. was not me ^,^-

Interesting concept, how about a little tweak, the monster mirrors whomever it is fighting, a doppelganger. If you are wearing db armor, rad rapier and a titanium shield, it has db armor, rad rapier and titanium shield.

I am sure it is well beyond the programming scope of this game, but cool none the less.

+1

Really interesting concept - the armor/equipment part will be hard, since items/equipment can be changed during the fight, but still...

Great idea, Mr/s Not-SolarStar

The boggart can not change once it has made contact with a fighter. And the pro fighter just LOVE their Halberd of Action. So why change your weapon right ? And I think radu will like this idea because it will a true rosto killer ^^. Maybe it could also a monster the Castellan could spawn..

Edited by SolarStar

So I send in a noob in poor gear, while waiting on the sideline with a top-10 char in pro gear, bye bye noobie monster?

So I send in a noob in poor gear, while waiting on the sideline with a top-10 char in pro gear, bye bye noobie monster?

This wouldn't be a problem if the drop was configurable so a if mimicking a 40_60 toon would be a rubbish drop but if 140+ mimick the drop could be good. So it although the noob might find it easier to kill the reward would only realy be there for top lvl chars