Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Fixed Maps to add to your installed EL

DOWNLOAD AT: http://burningdownthe.net/el/

With today's server restart, some map issues got fixed.

However, two of the fixes will work even better if you update your client as well.

HOW-TO: Go to the above link, download all elm.gz files that you see there. Save them in the /maps/ directory of your installation (overwriting the current ones) where you see other elm.gz files.

The fixes will technically work without doing this. However,

1- Around that new huge rock in the very west side of the Desert Pines forest, mapwalking can be slightly problematic, as you may just stop walking.

2- In the PV FCW cave, you can now go past that spot that was requiring TTR. However, you'll not be able to directly mapwalk using the tab or minimap from the entrance to the mcw area. And you'll be "in a hole" at the location where you were getting stopped before.

3- map9f (Grubani) is purely cosmetic, and will update to the actual lighting used at night at the arena since a server update changed it. It's much darker than as seen in the map that came with 1.9.4 client.

Replacing these two files will fix those things so they won't happen.

And yes, these are official fixes.

Edited by Burn

*bump* Reminder to replace the two elm files in your installation with the two in the link above if you haven't. Not mandatory but will make play much simpler for you in DP, and the PV FCW cave.

The "new" large rock in DP forest near CC entrance will be removed in 1.9.5 (currently planned for first quarter of 2016).

http://burningdownthe.net/el/

NEW: I've add map9f.elm.gz to the above URL to download.

This is Grubani. The only change is the lighting at the ranging arena at night. OPTIONAL! The lighting is fixed on the server side which is all that matters for your perception. However if you update this you'll see the actual lighting of the arena as opposed to the overly bright lighting currently seen.

(I repeat, you do not need to do this for the arena fix. It's only for your own cosmetic change if you wish. It is nastily bright there at night.)

Edited by Burn

Would somebody include these in the official downloads section, or make this thread sticky please? Not having the fixed maps can be irritating, I know I've forgot to download the fixed a couple of times.