Eternal Lands Official Forums
IngalfTass

Idea for new mixable that helps in fighting

Just a thought...

would anyone be interested in a mixable item that uses a roso + other ings (ELE and EDE maybe), that creates a "resurrection" effect, so when the user dies, they regenerate where they died, with full health and mana? You would still drop a rosto, so essentially you lose 2 rostos, but you do not go the underworld.

It would be expensive, but I could see it being useful in some situations, and it would create a new mixable item for high-level mixers.

Also thinking that it would work in Taraji Desert.

Call it "Stone of Resurrection" or somesuch.

nice idea but it might be rejected because it would give you a big advantage in fights, you could battle to the death then suddenly come back fully restored and carry on fighting the same opponent.

nice idea but it might be rejected because it would give you a big advantage in fights, you could battle to the death then suddenly come back fully restored and carry on fighting the same opponent.

That is the point of it, really. The negative is that with the cost of rostos it would burn over 100kgc if stones are bought in-game...add in ELE and EDE, and it would be a pretty expensive one time use item. The upside would be more rostogols sold from the shop, and it would increase interest in TD map. You could wear top gear and only risk 100kgc or so... it might give higher level fighters pause before attacking someone a little lower than them, as they would have to beat them twice without resupplying.

I think it could potentially add an interesting twist to the game, but as I said, it would be an expensive one.

And then NPCs would start selling stone for less than cost of ingredients.

I think it is a bad idea - what if reason you were dying you were out of resources which has happened to me in Invances - and would cooldown apply?

I'm not afraid of NPC starting to sell it below cost of ings. For one, that kind of thing never bothered me, for another, it would cut in the shop sales of rostogol stones.

What I think is more of a risk: such a recipe will increase demand for rostogol stones, and the price is already creeping up (it was down to <60k not that long ago, and getting close to or over 65k right now). And higher rosto price means even less players participating in invances and invasions, so even more chance of having invasions last for over 24h. (And yes, I know that the rosto price isn't the only cause of that).

More interesting: what would happen if you die carrying such a new stone, but not carrying a rostogol? I can see several options:

- you drop first, and so can drop the resurrection stone (end of story...)

- you drop first, keep the stone, but there will be a bag. I'd suggest you resurrect a few steps away from your dying point.

- you don't drop, but are instantly resurrected where you where, and even keep on fighting (as on 'Day of the dead').

And if you die because out of resources: too bad, you wasted a stone?

I'm not afraid of NPC starting to sell it below cost of ings. For one, that kind of thing never bothered me, for another, it would cut in the shop sales of rostogol stones.

What I think is more of a risk: such a recipe will increase demand for rostogol stones, and the price is already creeping up (it was down to <60k not that long ago, and getting close to or over 65k right now). And higher rosto price means even less players participating in invances and invasions, so even more chance of having invasions last for over 24h. (And yes, I know that the rosto price isn't the only cause of that).

More interesting: what would happen if you die carrying such a new stone, but not carrying a rostogol? I can see several options:

- you drop first, and so can drop the resurrection stone (end of story...)

- you drop first, keep the stone, but there will be a bag. I'd suggest you resurrect a few steps away from your dying point.

- you don't drop, but are instantly resurrected where you where, and even keep on fighting (as on 'Day of the dead').

And if you die because out of resources: too bad, you wasted a stone?

It would not be on an NPC.... strictly a mixable item for very high level mixers to gain xp.

The stone would only work if you have a rosto in inventory. If you have no rosto, it could either act as a rosto - or do nothing. The idea of resurrecting a few steps from your bag is intriguing, but really defeats the purpose, as you would not be engaged with your opponent. Your opponent would have your bag by then. Making it an auto-drop item would be an interesting twist... you die with one and no rosto, you drop it plus whatever you would anyway, so your opponent gets it.

You hit it on the head...The idea is that it works like day of the dead. When you resurrect, you have full stats. If you ran out of SR's or HE's, your own planning caused it, so when you resurrect, you would need to dis-tele. Yep... expensive and pointless. You should have dis-tele'd before dying. The idea of resurrection is to do what day of the dead does, and that would be extremely useful if you have plenty of pots and regents in your inventory. It requires strategy and doesn't automatically create an advantage.

As for the price of rostogols, I don't think it would create inflation. There wouldn't be as large of a run on them as to cause that, and the price is already approaching the point where they are out of reach. I won't buy them in-game anymore. If I need one, it is to the shop I go. When I started EL in 2009, they were 24k. I don't like spending 4 hours of farming to pay for a rosto.

I just thought it would make for an interesting twist. With the way the game has changed through ranging and engineering, it would help open up play a bit... though I admit that it is expensive.

+1 on this item (regardless of whether you'd resurrect still engaged or simply resurrect wehere you were but disengaged (which would at least give the theoretical victor a tiny break).

Really nice idea as such - and as to market impact we'll just have to wait and see...