Eternal Lands Official Forums
caladina

van helsing crossbow

I think crossbows are underutilized in EL.

No magic bolts and if any are created I'd rather them be different than current fire/ice/magic ones.

As for repeating crossbows sounds like a high level, multi-discipline item so I am for it as long as NPCs do not sell as well and uncut mixers.

Yeah id like to see the xbow get a bit of a revamp, as it stands its a bit of a crap ranged weapon in terms of speed/power ratio, the 1emu pkbolt comes inhandy in some situation.

Irl the xbow is was devastating weapon able to punch through plate mail.

Maybe a better option would be a reworking of the bolts that are fired, currently they are only a little bit more accurate (+5 missile accuracy) which imo doesnt do it justice.

An option might be to adjust the damage of all bolts and maybe add a small AP modifier that is stackable with the 60 AP we have currently. This might temp people for the slightly slower, weaker xbow

Good idea since crossbow arent usefull at all, maybe with this kind of boost should be more interesting: Shoot 10-15 arrows per reload..add more damage to arrows... :laugh:

it would be an intreasting combination if there was a vampire perk, (player can eat raw meat, daylight gives health damage same rate as food depletes, can only be killed by wooden weapons, can turn into a bat for flight at higher levels, maybe they could kill or drain blood from creatures at a rate but much less chance of being attacked as they are on its back but could possibly be killed by other players when a bat?)

Perhaps a simple search in the correct part of these forums - the suggestions section - will help :)

ps: bats/vampires ( as creatures ) I remember suggesting this some time ago, but that was long before we had any flying animals.

Back in my day I shot many a foe with magic/cold bolts to mana deplete or cooldown them. It's just gold in the end and a lot of fun to use when it procs.