Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
extrapolation

more exp for Haidir skunks

I think there should be more experience in the reward for killing skunks for Haidir. Lions in Idaloran and white tigers in Irinveron aren't strong monsters that are hard to kill, but give good exp because you have to search around a big map to get the creature back on the spawn. The same is true of skunks in Whitestone. The skunks shouldn't be AS good, but at the moment they only give 1/6 of the exp of tigers. Maybe increase it to 1/3 or 1/2 of the exp of tigers?

Another difference is that Whitestone is a rather busy map compared to Idaloran and especially Irinveron, and many kill a skunk in passing in WS. This makes the skunks a lot easier than lions or white tigers.

Add to that the difference in required level to kill a skunk (compared to lion and white tiger) and the very low number of kills required, and it looks to me like the reward is rather decent.

Don't forget that the amount of experience required for a level increases more or less exponentially. The 5 skunks (with a/d ~ 7) give a level 10 player about 6000 Exp., which is enough for several a/d levels. (even at lvl 20 the experience is enough for another a/d level). With lions (a/d ~ 80), an a/d 80 player would get 280k experience, or about 1/4th of a level...

So the experience relative to the strength of the monster (and of the weakest player likely to get the quest) is enormous for skunks.

Finding white tigers is kinda easy, they always go the same way -> south around the big area, and sometimes through the portal and can be found roaming around the exit portal.

Anyway, if it was me, i would just add more cool quests - like skeleton in irinveron for higher level players to get more variety and exp, as currently for me there are only like 5 haidir quests that give decent experience and the rest are meh and not even worth the exp/time on their own.

Edited by Helklo

Revi, finding those skunks is not easy at all and the experience relative to the strength of the monster doesn't matter at all. It just matter the exp. I had skunks 3 days in row and honestly that makes you want to swap it with rats. In fact if i get skunks i wish haidir would swap it with rats for free.

Also i could add a couple of things:

1. haidir say "this should be easy" - and for me this is almost as time consuming as yetties

2. finding one skunk is a lot harder than finding the lion or the tiger because : a) both idaloran and irinveron contain large portions of water while ws is full land, B) both idaloran and irinveron are divided and you can search systematic without much of a chance for the creature to move from one side to another.

I didn't say skunks were easy to find, only that in my experience they are easier than lion or WT.

And if you don't want to take monster level into account, e.g. the Melinis fluffies or Bethel desert chims should give a lot less experience than they do now (as they are easy to find and kill once you have the levels). :medieval:

(face palm) You really don't understand the game and how the bills are paid, not to mention my fat cat salary, do you?