Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

*glitch* No pear on new game day

http://i.imgur.com/BKmFKW9.png

BKmFKW9.png

There's a glitch in the code somewhere that can cause a pear to not appear on new day.
It's apparently very rare though, first time seen in years of hunting.

This forced me to do real-life stuff instead of hunt. Ebul! ;-)

"Today is the 23rd day in the month of Chimar, the year 0039, Age of the Eternals"
Or today, current game day just started just before this is posted.

Edit: Pear was available the next game day, so it's nothing big, just a possible minor glitch.

Edited by Burn

Considering the time-stamps, could it be something to do with it not being a 'proper' new day? :unsure:

Perhaps the day constructor did not run as normal when whoever it was changed the day...

Noone changed the day, that was the 0:00 mark.

(And who'd change a Joule? Only radu could, and he wasn't online.)

Or simply someone stumbled over the pear at the very instant the day changed, fraction of a second earlier than you could check. Maybe also considering ping times.

Both suggestions look like they are wrong, simply from checking the screen shot Burn posted:

- day change would have had a 'today is a special day' message after the "day ends" message

- another player finding it would have given a "XXX found a pear" message.

Why don't we let the people that know the programs involved find out what's going on? Instead of guessing about

possible reasons why there's no glitch...

Edited by revi

Or simply someone stumbled over the pear at the very instant the day changed, fraction of a second earlier than you could check. Maybe also considering ping times.

*IF* that were true, then there's still a glitch involved in that there was no message indicating someone found it. Nothing relevant is missing from the screenie.

Considering that's much simpler code than actually "hiding" the pear, I'd bet against this being the case.

But only radu can know for sure.

(The bug's reported, my part's done. I don't actually care that one didn't appear in years of hunts, just found it odd and posted because all bugs should be reported.)

Edited by Burn

Well i saw that there are cases when not all messages comes through to one client, for example when uzb killed 2 people inside 4 seconds channel 6 only reported 1 kill

maybe it was just an overload of messages to that second

The Day Ends message was the only message at that moment. The very deadest time of the day, not a creature was stirring, not even a channel 6 chatter.