Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruSu

antisocial perk

so it seems this "its allowed to trade with alts" will stay as it is . That means the antisocial perk doesn't hurt anymore - but isnt it so that 10 pps should cost anything?

Whats about this: No npc speaks with players with that perk. Realy no npc : not Haidir not any quest giving npc. There is only one thing that could change their mind: give them a Haidir pass. That would allow to speak once with the npc and solve the quest 1 time.

so it seems this "its allowed to trade with alts" will stay as it is . That means the antisocial perk doesn't hurt anymore - but isnt it so that 10 pps should cost anything?

Whats about this: No npc speaks with players with that perk. Realy no npc : not Haidir not any quest giving npc. There is only one thing that could change their mind: give them a Haidir pass. That would allow to speak once with the npc and solve the quest 1 time.

Stop whining, make alt and just take anti perk.

PS. You ppl (folks that cry about anti giving 10pps for 'free') are weird, you get something for free and you whine about it ...

Imo, the Sarma algorhytm for antisocial (having to pay more than 'socials' to travel to c2 via boat) was and still is the best implementation of antisocial.
In most games I played, antisocial/less charisma meant bigger prices, more stuff required.

Antisocials should give 36 helms at daritha, 15 tit shorts etc:P, 4 tit chains - or get less gc for them than socials.
Get a bit less exp from dailies, or changing missions should cost more...

Would be a nice thingie to do:)

Imo, the Sarma algorhytm for antisocial (having to pay more than 'socials' to travel to c2 via boat) was and still is the best implementation of antisocial.

In most games I played, antisocial/less charisma meant bigger prices, more stuff required.

Antisocials should give 36 helms at daritha, 15 tit shorts etc:P, 4 tit chains - or get less gc for them than socials.

Now, that's an interesting idea which again would give that perk some sense. :)

All who have it already could get the option to remove the perk for free (provided they can free enough PP).

Make it so those with Anti gets Less EXP from what ever they do that gives EXP :P

Sure, so mixing, fighting and stuff is now antisocial too. Interesting, maybe every posted chatline/PM should be considered antisocial too. Duh :dry:

lol Keep Your pants on it was a joke!

Knew it would set off someone though :P

Already said what I think should be done with the perk in the other thread and more..

I simply don’t understand people that want to change anything. We get a possibility to have almost free (still you need to use alt, sometimes it can be a trouble or at least will cost you time) 10PPs and people whine about it. Why do you want to change it? Can’t you just say “thank you” and enjoy?

Do you envy other players that they have higher attributes now? Think, someday you will all reach certain OA level and can get oportunity for 10PPs instantly. Will you still cry about it?

Edited by Devnul

Devnul, babe.

The -10 pp's (read minus ten) i have and had (by not taking antisocial), were an important source of revenue for me, the very quintessence of my game-play. So, if you tell me that I have to have cognitive orgasms because of loosing that, no thank you:).

Etc, etc, etc

I simply don’t understand people that want to change anything. We get a possibility to have almost free (still you need to use alt, sometimes it can be a trouble or at least will cost you time) 10PPs and people whine about it. Why do you want to change it? Can’t you just say “thank you” and enjoy?

Do you envy other players that they have higher attributes now? Think, someday you will all reach certain OA level and can get oportunity for 10PPs instantly. Will you still cry about it?

Yeah because Not changing anything is the best way to do things huh? Time to reverse the removal of rule 5 then!

If one thing is changed another thing will need to be changed too that's just a natural way of things and Anti has always (well Now You call it "almost free") been seen as a Free PP perk even though it should be a negative one.

I have never been able to spot the logic of that perk and always thought it should be changed to make it fit the Negative part of the perk.

I don't care about the 10 PPs I don't have the perk and I won't take it either but I have always thought that the effects of the perk should be more negative.

Change it to cover All the NPC in the Game - That makes it Negative and worth 10 PPs.

Those that already have the perk but wants to remove it before the change can get it removed. Let them keep the 10 PPs for all I care but change the perk or remove it.

Its always been a free perk especially since bots..just leave it the way it is. Changing it to include all npcs is insane.

Ill copy/paste my opinions that Ive stated before...

Really tho, if you think about it, all negative perks are not going to affect everyone the same.. For example:

On pk server where multi has always been legal, I had a mixer char that had every single negative perk, with fairly low OA.

Reason for this: he never left storage, so I had my 4 harvester alts bring him stuff to mix, and he mixed. The "negative" perks had 0 impact on him

However, if I took every single negative perk on say, my fighter, then I would have issues, because certain perks would affect my game play.

Examine HoS, on my fighters, which I never mix/harvest on, HoS is 5 FREEE pp, and the 60kgc to get the perk I gladly pay, because the pp are worth it to me..

Examine the One perk, for a harvester which only harvest flowers in VotD, or a mixer that sits in NC all day, that perk has little to no affect, because rarely does anyone bomb there, and even if it does get bombed, it looses 1 load of flowers at most.

Examine HS, sure a perk that has some more annoying side affects, but counter that with the UW perk and Heaven Meds and rings, you can get around it very easily

What I'm saying is, all negative perks affect people differently. The anti-social perk has long since been free pp ever since the bots invaded MM and NC, allowing antisocial players to buy anything they need, even if at a slightly higher price, it was worth it for the pp.

Edited by Patriot

Can we please stop trying to think up new ways to penalize people who have taken antisocial perk. If you don’t want the perk, don’t take it. If you’ve ever been in a guild, antisocial means nothing. The removal of rule 5 only meant that I didn’t have to ask a guildie to buy for me. The removal of rule 5 was the best positive change in a long time. Take the perk or don’t, I don’t care but quit trying to tick people off, because that’s all you’re going to do.

Can we please stop trying to think up new ways to penalize people who have taken antisocial perk. If you don’t want the perk, don’t take it. If you’ve ever been in a guild, antisocial means nothing. The removal of rule 5 only meant that I didn’t have to ask a guildie to buy for me. The removal of rule 5 was the best positive change in a long time. Take the perk or don’t, I don’t care but quit trying to tick people off, because that’s all you’re going to do.

+1

Amen!

Seriously, the idea that anti would get taken in massive numbers if rule 5 was killed has been known for years.

It's been brought up with every past poll, and there's been several of them.

It was brought up the same day rule 5 was repealed. Two months later nothing's been changed about it.

Trying to change it now in any further-negative way will do the opposite of the intent of the rule 5 repeal... push people away from the game. If something were to be done, it would have been done by now. And most definitely should not be done so late in the process, after a huge majority have likely taken it who wouldn't have otherwise.

Changing it now would be nothing more than a piss-off fest. That's the last thing EL needs. Suddenly the majority of players are needing to figure out how to get 10 pps back to remove the perk, skyrocketing prices on all attribute removal stones as so many try at once to get rid of the perk... I think the negative-wanters don't quite grasp the harm they're attempting to cause the game.

The idea to just remove it, as it wasn't better than free pp's even before rule 5 repeal, and make it 10 bonus pp's for everyone (possibly on hitting certain OA levels) is probably the best suggestion given, in the above-linked previous discussion about this (non-)perk. No pissing people off this late in the rule 5 change, and making it pp's available to all in a general "bonus system" manner isn't going to do a drastic effect on game play. Just get rid of the perk.

*This idea would have to grandfather-claused... those with anti would have to just keep the 10pps regardless of OA and others get pp's directly based on OA. A reset kills these pp's as well and get re-earned as bonuses.

Edited by Burn

A penalty for antisocial perk is actually not something to complain about. It adds some sense of role-playing and modern game play to EL.

Perhaps instead of not trading with antisocials, NPC should sell them things for 10% more and buy things from them for 10% less. This should cover what you already pay for when you buy pickaxes and HE on your bots.

Really good idea. In other games, you get to teleport for free when you have more 'fame' (the opposite of our Antisocial and Godless perks. So maybe add some advantages for non-antisocial people.

The idea to just remove it, as it wasn't better than free pp's even before rule 5 repeal, and make it 10 bonus pp's for everyone (possibly on hitting certain OA levels) is probably the best suggestion given, in the above-linked previous discussion about this (non-)perk. No pissing people off this late in the rule 5 change, and making it pp's available to all in a general "bonus system" manner isn't going to do a drastic effect on game play. Just get rid of the perk.

*This idea would have to grandfather-claused... those with anti would have to just keep the 10pps regardless of OA and others get pp's directly based on OA. A reset kills these pp's as well and get re-earned as bonuses.

This would work too.

Edited by hussam

It is something to complain about when you "purchase" one perk and it's randomly changed months/years later to something else that's unacceptable, that you'd never have taken the perk if you'd known it was going to be that way. And we're not talking about something that's easily removed for anyone who's been around long. If there were going to be a change to it, there's been *years* to think about that, and warn people of it before the rule 5 removal, or even the day it was removed. Waiting 2 months for people to get comfortable with the change, then suddenly screwing over everyone is *not* how you keep players.

Honestly, it's completely inexcusable to change it to something worse *at this point*, rather than before/at the time of the rule 5 removal.

The rule 5 removal essentially nullifies the reason the perk existed in the first place. Nullifying the perk that relied on that rule only makes sense, and is essentially the only change that won't result in a serious revolt. And with the current number of players, any amount of revolt is a Very Bad Thing...

Well, changing NPCs from not dealing with antisocials at all to giving them bad rates is a less harsh penalty than completely ignoring antisocials...They can always trade using their non-antisocial alts.

Yes, nullifying the perk or even just its effect is still the best option.

Edited by hussam

Changing the NPC so they charge 10% more or less is stupid, with rule 5 gone people have an alt to buy sell stuff already changing the NPC scripts and coding this new change is imo a complete waste of the devs valuable time.

For possibly the first time, I agree with Burn that the best was to get rid of it is simply not make it an option for future chars to get as it is after all 10 free PP, and I also agree that changing it to some thing worse to satisfy a whiny uptight minority is dumb, I am only at OA 110 so PP is already extremely hard to come by, most of my exp comes from haidir etc as do most others, changing a perk for the worse and changing it so it is harder to remove this changed crap perk...

Edited by Rokk

It would be a problem too.

I have only taken the perk on my very low level harvester - alts to get more emu, they would have negative pp some time as harvesting make them level slow. (not going to mix on them atm)

It would be a problem too.

I have only taken the perk on my very low level harvester - alts to get more emu, they would have negative pp some time as harvesting make them level slow. (not going to mix on them atm)

It should be the opposite, what's being suggested is that people with anti will lose no PP and get the restrictions of anti removed, whereas the people without anti will get 10 free PP. That way, everyone's happy.

Also, it'd have to give 10 PP to new characters, which is why the suggestion is to stage the free PP, as new players wouldn't have the experience of the game to know what to spend 10 extra points wisely. I know I made mistakes with PP early on and it'd have been worse if I'd had 10 more to spend at the start.

I quite like the idea, but then again I'll admit to not taking anti. Not a big deal really, but 10 PP would make quite a difference to me at my level. I don't have enough free hours to spend time building an alt, otherwise I'd just do that instead.

The only people who might be slightly annoyed by this are those who built an alt and spent time levelling to gain EMU just so that they could get round anti, since the time they've put into that alt would be wasted.

It is this - " make it 10 bonus pp's for everyone (possibly on hitting certain OA levels" - I am thinking of.

A low level with the perk would get the 10 pp at their low level, people without the perk when hitting certain OA levels ( higher ).

I think it would not be fair.

I see what you mean, good point. You can tell it's been a while since I was new, good to have your perspective on it.

Maybe it should just give 10 PP to new players straight away. It's not like it'd take a new player long to make 10 PP themselves by levelling anyway, so the point about them maybe spending unwisely probably isn't valid, and if they do spend it badly they can always reset.

Just throwing ideas around, I'm not really expecting it to change but free PP would be nice :)