Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LongMustache

Medallion of Alchemy

Dont stop mixing if you fail. Similar to harvester med just for alching.

Shouldn't be too expensive or doesnt break.

Would be really cool for mixing lower end stuff.

Would also be really cool for the ones trying macros...

Edited by revi

I think it will not help those trying to macro. It would be easy enough to allready write a macro for the mixing. But the medallion would help on lower level people of some of the frustrations making fe, we, he, or even leather helms, of restarting the mixing every 2 seconds

I doubt that lower level alchers have 7-10k gc (Harvester Medallion price range) to spend on an item that reduces the number of clicks. By the time they have enough spare cash to afford it (after harvest cloak and some books for harvesting and mixing e.g. HE), they wont need it anymore :P

Having to restart the mixing is a great incentive to level :D

Edited by Maxine

I doubt that lower level alchers have 7-10k gc (Harvester Medallion price range) to spend on an item that reduces the number of clicks. By the time they have enough spare cash to afford it (after harvest cloak and some books for harvesting and mixing e.g. HE), they wont need it anymore :P

Having to restart the mixing is a great incentive to level :D

I dont believe this item would suit low levels, as it indeed would be quite expensive.

It would help mid/high level players, who mix in ammounts of 10-50k, which takes hours. It would be faster and easier, as I usually mix as a secondary task, meaning I waste probably ~30-50% of my time only because of fails.

Its also quite anoying when you pick a new skill to level and you fail most of the time til you gain some levels.

Edited by Helklo

If you make one for alc, then the potters will want one and so on. How about a med of the mixer, Anything using the mixing window it would be effected.

There are already so many things in game to make lvling/gaining xp easier, failing while mixing is annoying especially at low lvls but we've all had to grind our way through it, mix on good astro day & you'll fail less.

Don't think we need a med to help on that.

Would also be really cool for the ones trying macros...

implying you need such a med for macros, lol

There are already so many things in game to make lvling/gaining xp easier, failing while mixing is annoying especially at low lvls but we've all had to grind our way through it, mix on good astro day & you'll fail less.

Don't think we need a med to help on that.

Worthless arguments. Just because there are things that make lvling easier, and just because we had to go through it, doesnt mean that we should stop introducing ways to remove the anoying parts of the game.

If you make one for alc, then the potters will want one and so on. How about a med of the mixer, Anything using the mixing window it would be effected.

Yeah thats what i meants. Just used wrong words :)

I must say it is annoying to restart mixing over and over again, but that is what this game is about. Not sitting there sort of afk while your medallion does the Job you should do it. With rule 5 gone i am sure many got lots of alts to walk around and mix lots of essie and such a medallion only will make it worst as far as i consider.

so i think this idea aint such a good one. There are plenty of other things to do for the game, another medallion.. aint helping :)

I'd be for it, but require human 8 or 9, and maybe a little extra benefit (mixes go faster? I dunno) The artificier cape already requires human 10 (while nothing else is above a 7)... would make mixers taking those 3 extra nexus have a little something more to show for it.

At the very least I'd like to get rid of the super-annoying 'You stopped working.' for no reason. My alch is 100+ and I don't fail much anymore anyway, but any potential macro'er can get past that just as easily as they get past fails (which never _really_ stop, though they become quite rare). So it just punishes legal players.

Z

Now that Rule 5 is gone, people add that to every topic.

The question is, shold we really make it harder for 1-client players, just because multi client players get an advantage? I mean, Rule 5 was designed so that people wouldnt get such advantage, and it has been removed...

Moreover, if thats the concern, Radu could just change the client so that you wouldn't be able to open more than 1/2 windows at the same time, or that you wouldnt be able to log on more than 2/3 chars per IP.